“I felt like being at home” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Amendola House
Ranked #2,102 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Rome
“I felt like being at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

The nice B&B in a building of the 30s is very well located, very close to all the major touristic attractions of Rome and well connected to downtown.

The friendly and welcoming Francesco is a star and is funny italian accent makes every occasion to talk a funny experience.

Breakfast is simple but always very good with a fantastic apple cake homemade.

So..big up to B&B Amendola House.

Ciao

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

The owner of this B&B emailed me to confirm my reservations and to give me directions to the location. I asked about a baby cot for my 18 month old son and the response was "Sorry we dont have baby cot!??!!?, we hope he loves to sleep in the night" I wasnt really sure what that last part meant and tried not to read too much into it. Almost 2 weeks later, he emails me to tell me his B&B is overbooked, and I could book a "more comfortable room" in another B&B next door, or I could cancel the reservation. Needless to say, I am more than annoyed, because now, I have to scramble to find a decent B&B, all this after I put a lot of effort into planning in advance. Besides, why does it take him 2 weeks to realize that the B&B is overbooked?! I would not recommend this place, unless you don't mind being left hanging at the 11th hour.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank traveladdict26
Calabrese50, Proprietario at Amendola House, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Dear customer,
I would like to underline that the authorized B&B in Rome could have a maximum of three double rooms for rent and it could be possible ( very easy) to fall in a overbooking position.
The important is to manage the overbooking in the sense of offering a solution to the Customer. This is what I did: I offered you another accomodation in the same area, of the same level and at the same price. This is the standard all over the world, either if you book an hotel, a B&B or a flight. What's the matter?
I apologize for my English and for any misunderstanding about your baby. I look forward to host you in the next future.
Regards