“Not for a quiet night!”
Review of Domus Betti

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Domus Betti
Ranked #3,163 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
Shropshire
“Not for a quiet night!”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Very convenient for Vatican. Several restaurants within easy walking distance.
On late arrival the room we had booked was not available so we were put in a very small twin room [bathroom facilities down the corridor through the kitchen] overlooking the central courtyard from small window with a promise that we would be moved in the morning- we were so tired we accepted it. True to his word we were moved the following morning to a comfortable, larger double room with simple hanging facilities and a TV that only seemed to receive one station that was watchable and views over the recycling bins [attached] that were emptied every night around 2am. That and the fact that the trams at the end of the road started around 6am made for disturbed nights. The shower, in a room constructed within the bedroom, was the smallest I have ever seen with a request to 'keep the water off the floor' that was almost impossible to comply with.
The manager would not accept card payment for the stay so cash had to be obtained - seems a little strange that one!
Rome itself was excellent but I would spend a little more on somewhere with air conditioning next time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2009

You are better off slleping in the street then staying in this place. We were not given the rooms promised, the place was filthy and I was ripped off for a night that I did not stay there.

Believe me you are better off sleeping in the street

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank jimboitaliano

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Walking distance to the vatican. Easily accessible by metro. Very small B & B (I think there were only 4 rooms). Beds aren't very comfortalbe as i think they're covered with plastic! Made a lots of noise when you moved around. The rooms weren't cleaned very thoroughly each day either.

Runned by a slightly eccentric owner, but he's more then happy to help whenever needed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
kingston,on.
Reviewed May 12, 2009

My daughters & I had a wonderful trip to Rome. After reading the reviews from your web-site, decided to book this B&B. The location is just fantastic. Only a couple of blocks to the Vatican city. And literally steps to excellent restaurants, cafes, shopping & transit. Do check out Old Bridge near the Vatican for the best gelato in Rome! Our room was simple, comfortable & our host Armando was very charming & helpful. Going above & beyond helping us with a very early wake-up & arranged taxis to the airport on our last day. Thank-you Armando. You made our trip very memorable indeed. We will be pleased to recommend your lovely place to fellow travellers. From the girls from Canada.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank kingstongirls
London
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Amazing location. 5-star rating for cleanliness and hospitality.
My friend and I were treated as princesses and we simply fell in love with the rooms which were spotless, cosy and perfect for a holiday get-away in Rome. The innkeeper was a friendly and helpful man who made our stay even more welcoming than it already was. The price we paid was worth it.

• Liked — Everything.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank helenagoesplaces
UK
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Perfectly placed just outside the tourist traps of the old town this delightful B&B was the ideal spot for a couple looking to relax in Rome. Transport links were excellent with a Metro stop a stones throw away and a wealth of buses leaving from the squares outside the close-by Vatican.

The good gentleman who owns this establishment was always on hand to help with travel advice and ideas for where to dine.

We would wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, spacious, relaxed place to stay - exactly as it says on the site.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Fiiiii
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I booked Domus Betti on-line directly on their website on Oct 9, 2007. I received back a reply confirmation. On Oct 10, I received an email from Armando Betti that he was sorry he had no booking available for the dates I wanted. I considered this a cancellation of my reservation and sought accommodation elsewhere.

Now 8 months later, at 4:00 am in the morning, I received a telephone call from Mr. Betti regarding my reservation. I was surprised as I thought this was cancelled long ago. He stated the cost was not going to be 85 EUR, but now was 130 EUR, did I still want the room. I told him NO, when I received his email stating he did not have availability the dates I needed I had sought accommodation elsewhere. He was surprised that I no longer wanted the room, but told me to cancel the reservation. I again told him I considered that he had cancelled my reservation when he said he had no availability.

With these mistakes and changes, I certainly wouldn't take a chance now of travelling all that distance, arriving in Rome not knowing if I had a room reservation or not. I feel this is a very poor way to run a business.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — Business Practices
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends