“Stinters on Tour in Prague w/WSA Europe!”

WSA Europe - Student & Budget Trips
Ranked #173 of 962 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We craft unforgettable weekend experiences to the top destinations in Europe for American students studying abroad. Our focus on fun cultural experiences, efficient sightseeing and unparalleled service and value has differentiated WSA from the rest of the field since we launched in 2010.
Reviewed July 21, 2015

Last weekend, Stint Ireland took our summer group of international interns on a WSA trip to Prague. Our tour guide, Adi, arrived late. Yet, he was an amazing tour guide! Having had his car stolen, two days before the start of the tour. He had to cancel his flight to Prague twice and eventually drive all through the night to meet us on Friday morning. Only slightly late, he was still chipper (without any sleep) and led us on a wonderful tour of the enchanting city of Prague. We were able to see all the main attractions in Prague but Adi's local know-how proved valuable and added depth to the tour as we got to see things like a paternoster elevator. The hostel where we stayed was in a great location but it's really the wonderful Adi that made the tour special. Thanks, Adi and WSA Europe!

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"diving"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2015

I took 50 singers, ages 12 through 19 to Rome for an International Choir Festival. We were in Rome for 5 days. WSA took care of our meals, sightseeing, and guided us through the metro, bus, and tram public transportation in Rome! Our guide Elena was energetic, helpful, informative, and catered to all of our needs. She kept us informed, educated, and motivated the group. Elena accommodated us and made sure that we were first and foremost prepared for our choir performances. The WSA team catered to all of our needs, and simplified some of the logistical challenges of traveling with a large group. One of the best ideas was having our sandwiches and ice cold waters delivered to us en route - a big thank you to Giorgio, who took care of our lunch meals. This saved us a lot of time. I appreciated the way WSA heard our needs and understood the challenge of maneuvering through Rome. They understood the needs of young people, when they need a break, great dining experiences, and the priority of the choir festival. THANK YOU - WSA!!!

1  Thank Leanna K
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I was so unbelievable excited for the guided tour of central Europe. It was perfect for me. This trip guaranteed that I wouldn't be alone and I'd get to see every city I've ever dreamed of seeing. I guess I should have been suspicious when there was no link to book the tour. After a 7 day correspondence with customer service, they finally informed me the link to purchase this trip was up and running. Why their website wasn't working in the first place should have been the first sign of their poor business practices.

Then I got an email today, 10 days before my guided tour, informing me that my trip was canceled and I could either choose an unguided tour or a full refund. This does not refund me the time it will take to plan a new trip or refunding for the transportation to and from the cities (all non-refundable transportation). On top of that, WSA's customer service is atrocious. Don't expect to receive a reply to their emails within 24-48 hours. While I was aware that this trip could be canceled, I assumed it would be canceled at least a month ahead of time. Now, I face steep summer rates that I could have avoided if I had a month to plan instead of 10 days. Thanks for ruining my summer WSA!

3  Thank alexthezieg
WSAEurope, Owner at WSA Europe - Student & Budget Trips, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2015

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your feedback--we take all feedback seriously and use it as an opportunity to constantly improve our service and trip lineup. As you can see, our trips--at a rate of 100 to 1--generate much more positive responses.

Thanks for the heads up about the broken link. If you work on websites, you may be able to relate that things like that happen from time to time and this doesn't reflect customers' experience on WSA tours, much less any sort of "poor business practices".

In your case, I want to apologize about having to cancel the trip. My staff did their best to explain to you the possibility of a trip cancellation due to lack of signups (this was the first time we were running summer trips rather than Spring or Fall break trips) and you agreed to this and booked.

Earlier in June, our operations manager was moving on and she was busy training our new manager. So this was the reason for emails taking a day to get back to you, however, you did thank us in email for our quick responses in our communication with you. So we're sorry you feel the way you do about our customer service.

And just so you know, Central Europe is extremely safe and while we understand that you may not want it, many other students have enjoyed our unguided option through this region. Of course we understand you would prefer the tour over your money back, but we did send you the 100% refund immediately and were here to help you plan the rest of your time on your adventure.

We hope you have a great summer!

Reviewed June 15, 2015

While studying abroad over the summer in Spain, I thought it would be worth my while to travel to Italy with the WSA Cinque Terre excursion. I had the time of my life. The northwest shores of Italy will take your breath away and the villages of Cinque Terre did not disappoint. What did disappoint, however, was how little I got for what I paid. For around $280 USD, I was given hostel accommodations in a large dorm for three nights and a train ticket from Cinque Terre to Florence (all of which I could have bought myself for about $120 USD). My guide, though helpful, did not offer much of a "tour" and I had to pay for many of the meals and excursions that I thought were included in my $280 "all-inclusive" deal.

All in all, I definitely recommend visiting the west coast of Italy, but do so without using WSA. You'll save a lot of money and have the same experience.

Date of experience: June 2015
4  Thank Travis T

Dear Travis,
Thanks a million for the feedback, and we're so glad you "had the time of your life" with us in the Cinque Terre and Florence. For your trip to go as smoothly as it did, and for you to have as much fun as the group does with no stress, research or concern from your part, it takes time, money and expertise to execute it. That's what your money goes towards when buying our package or any other. Sure, you can go on your own, but oftentimes first-time travelers miss out on typical cuisine, unique experiences and local connections.

The package you purchased was 219 euro plus tax, coming out to under $250 so you might want to talk to your bank about that. And we'll definitely make the sheet more clear in the future for what's included. If you look, it says your hostel accommodations, full-time local guide, transportation between Cinque Terre and Florence, and dinners in Florence and Cinque Terre.

We're glad you had a blast on our excursion and we wish you would have rated us on that! We hope you have a great rest of your summer and Go Irish!