WSA Europe - Student & Budget Trips
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Wow! Such an amazing way to visit Prague.

Visiting Prague on your own can be difficult since there is so much to see and do. Most people... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
SwigMeetsWorld
Medellin, Colombia
Memorable Experience - Italian Extravaganza!!

The trip "Italian Extravaganza" was very well curated. Historically informative and relaxing at the... read more

Reviewed November 5, 2018
vineetmittal04
London, United Kingdom

All reviews studying abroad wsa trip our tour guide eiffel tower anne frank house recommend this trip vodka tasting van gogh museum paris weekend fun trip an amazing guide an amazing trip major sights local guide gelato adi itinerary
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I was so unbelievable excited for the guided tour of central Europe. It was perfect for me. This trip guaranteed that I wouldn't be alone and I'd get to see every city I've ever dreamed of seeing. I guess I should have been suspicious when there was no link to book the tour. After a 7 day correspondence with customer service, they finally informed me the link to purchase this trip was up and running. Why their website wasn't working in the first place should have been the first sign of their poor business practices.

Then I got an email today, 10 days before my guided tour, informing me that my trip was canceled and I could either choose an unguided tour or a full refund. This does not refund me the time it will take to plan a new trip or refunding for the transportation to and from the cities (all non-refundable transportation). On top of that, WSA's customer service is atrocious. Don't expect to receive a reply to their emails within 24-48 hours. While I was aware that this trip could be canceled, I assumed it would be canceled at least a month ahead of time. Now, I face steep summer rates that I could have avoided if I had a month to plan instead of 10 days. Thanks for ruining my summer WSA!

Date of experience: July 2015
3  Thank alexthezieg
WSAEurope, Owner at WSA Europe - Student & Budget Trips, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2015

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your feedback--we take all feedback seriously and use it as an opportunity to constantly improve our service and trip lineup. As you can see, our trips--at a rate of 100 to 1--generate much more positive responses.

Thanks for the heads up about the broken link. If you work on websites, you may be able to relate that things like that happen from time to time and this doesn't reflect customers' experience on WSA tours, much less any sort of "poor business practices".

In your case, I want to apologize about having to cancel the trip. My staff did their best to explain to you the possibility of a trip cancellation due to lack of signups (this was the first time we were running summer trips rather than Spring or Fall break trips) and you agreed to this and booked.

Earlier in June, our operations manager was moving on and she was busy training our new manager. So this was the reason for emails taking a day to get back to you, however, you did thank us in email for our quick responses in our communication with you. So we're sorry you feel the way you do about our customer service.

And just so you know, Central Europe is extremely safe and while we understand that you may not want it, many other students have enjoyed our unguided option through this region. Of course we understand you would prefer the tour over your money back, but we did send you the 100% refund immediately and were here to help you plan the rest of your time on your adventure.

We hope you have a great summer!

Reviewed June 15, 2015

While studying abroad over the summer in Spain, I thought it would be worth my while to travel to Italy with the WSA Cinque Terre excursion. I had the time of my life. The northwest shores of Italy will take your breath away and the villages of Cinque Terre did not disappoint. What did disappoint, however, was how little I got for what I paid. For around $280 USD, I was given hostel accommodations in a large dorm for three nights and a train ticket from Cinque Terre to Florence (all of which I could have bought myself for about $120 USD). My guide, though helpful, did not offer much of a "tour" and I had to pay for many of the meals and excursions that I thought were included in my $280 "all-inclusive" deal.

All in all, I definitely recommend visiting the west coast of Italy, but do so without using WSA. You'll save a lot of money and have the same experience.

Date of experience: June 2015
4  Thank Travis T

Dear Travis,
Thanks a million for the feedback, and we're so glad you "had the time of your life" with us in the Cinque Terre and Florence. For your trip to go as smoothly as it did, and for you to have as much fun as the group does with no stress, research or concern from your part, it takes time, money and expertise to execute it. That's what your money goes towards when buying our package or any other. Sure, you can go on your own, but oftentimes first-time travelers miss out on typical cuisine, unique experiences and local connections.

The package you purchased was 219 euro plus tax, coming out to under $250 so you might want to talk to your bank about that. And we'll definitely make the sheet more clear in the future for what's included. If you look, it says your hostel accommodations, full-time local guide, transportation between Cinque Terre and Florence, and dinners in Florence and Cinque Terre.

We're glad you had a blast on our excursion and we wish you would have rated us on that! We hope you have a great rest of your summer and Go Irish!

Reviewed May 18, 2015

The most fun, exciting, educational, and craziest weekend I had during my semester abroad. You definitely get the maximum bang for your buck with WSA.

WSA provided me with an unbelieveable weekend in Budapest. After hearing from my friends about their amazing experiences on WSA trips, I had to see what all the hype was about. I chose to take part in a WSA weekend in Budapest, and I loved every minute of it. The guide, Bogi, was the best! WSA is the perfect blend of an educational/tourist expereince while also allowing for sites off the beaten path as well as kickass nightlife.

You won't regret a trip with WSA.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank ccohen93
Reviewed May 17, 2015

The WSA Easter weekend and week-long Italy trip has been the highlight of my experience abroad. I had had some really bad experiences on tours by this point, and was regretting booking a whole week with WSA... until I got there. It felt just like traveling with close friends, one of them just happened to know all the best parts of Italy. Traveling through the country on my own would never have been so fulfilling and I would recommend WSA to all students!

Date of experience: April 2015
2  Thank nataliech2015
Reviewed May 5, 2015

I went on the best of central Europe tour- Berlin, Prague, Krakow, and Budapest- and loved it! The tour guides were super fun and friendly and the sites were all amazing! I liked it so much I did a weekend in Barcelona with WSA as well. The sites and tour guide for this trip was great as well. They really cater to what you want to do. I would definitely recommend WSA to any students looking for fun weekend trips while they are studying abroad.

Date of experience: March 2015