“Can't beat the location”
Review of Hotel Rosetta

and 1 more site!
Hotel Rosetta
Ranked #409 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Midvale, Utah
“Can't beat the location”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The reason to stay here is because of the location. I would stay here again because it is located right where I wanted to be. You walk out the door and you are 2 blocks from the colosseum, two blocks from the Roman Forum. Two blocks from Trajan's Forum, Four Blocks from Capitol hill. Once I was able to walk down to the circus massimo and see Palatine Hill while my wife took a little nap. Location was close to the metro and a short taxi ride from everywhere else.
The downside. It is a bit loud at night. With a fairly busy road outside and the window in our room not as sound proof as I would have hoped. Ear plugs took care of the problem. But in their defense jet lag may have made me more sensitive to background noise.
The service was awesome. They were so helpful with anything I needed. Very accommodating.
I would stay here again because I really loved the location but I would bring ear plugs just in case. Also the hotel was a great value. I feel I got a really good deal, which is not something you hear often when talking about Rome:) The rooms are up one flight of stairs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BW2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Rooms were typical of a small family run establishment. Cozy, comfortable enough. Good water pressure and hot water. The family who runs the place were very sweet. They speak a little English but not much. We used some "Learn Tourist Italian" CD's and that helped with communication.
The biggest advantage of this hotel is LOCATION! If you are interested in seeing the Colosseum and the Roman Forum this hotel is a 3-5 minute walk to each. It was great to visit the Colosseum knowing that when the jet lag hit us we could be back in our bed in five minutes for a quick nap.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you are bothered by noise as there are some early morning trucks that load and un...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PuppetArt
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Rosetta for 4 nights while in Rome. It is a small family run hotel in the heart of ancient Rome. Very easy walk to the Colosseum. The owners are very accomodating and helpful with sightseeing hints. Rooms are small, very clean and have everything that you need. Fortunately the air conditioning works well - it was very hot, typical July in Rome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place did me right on a recent trip to Italy. Though the rooms are a bit on the small side they are well kept and clean and had everything we needed-a bed, a tv, a wardrobe, and a bathroom with a shower. The Location was awesome, within walking distance of the Colloseum and Roman Forum(and other sites), and close to a metro station to get you to places you can't walk to.

• Stayed May 2012
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The room is nice, simple and clean. The staff was very warm and helped us with train tickets to Florence. it is also a few minutes walk to the Colosseum and Forum and metro.

I would stay here again if I return to Rome.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Twin Cities, MN, USA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Rosetta in late June for 5 nights with my son. We had a triple - room #10, which had a queen size bed and a twin bed. Both were very comfortable. The bathroom was small by american standards, but was more than big enough. Most important to us was that we had full control of our air conditioning - during a very hot week, the A/C saved our trip.

There is a fridge in the lobby with cheap drinks (1 Euro for 1.5 liters of water, 1 Euro for coke) and free wi-fi there too. There were usually a few hotel guests plus the hotel owners in the area - we all chatted and caught up on our emails.

Within a few steps of the hotel was gelato, pizza and an ATM. The Cavour Metro station was 2 blocks away. It was an easy walk to the Colosseum, Forum and Palatine Hill. The owner's son also recommended a wonderful restaurant close by with home made pasta.

The downsides of this hotel: no breakfast or meals in the hotel (no big deal for us), no wi-fi in the room (but was free and available in the lobby) and the room did get a little noisy at times (we were there when the Italian soccer team won in the Euro semi-final match)

Overall, very happy with this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Krista F
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were looking for a basic, clean, inexpensive hotel in a great location and this fit the bill. I don't speak Italian, but the most of the family members I interacted with did and they were very helpful. The hotel is secure, you enter through a terrace and must leave your key at reception. Rooms are clean, but basic. Plenty big.

There is a fridge in the lobby that sells soft drinks, beer, water, etc., for decent prices. Only issue I had was the WiFi. It is free, but only worked in the lobby. I felt bad making phone calls in the lobby when the family is trying to watch TV or whatever, but that was the only place I could use my Skype, so my use was definitely limited.

Location is great. There is a grocery store down the street - Super Elite at 232 Cavour. Taverna Romana restaurant behind the hotel is pretty good, as is La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali (I had reception make a reservation for me). I definitely heeded the advice to avoid Caffe Gran Cavour, and the gelato place across the street is very good (Gelataria La Dolce Vita)! There's an ATM on the corner nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family