Principe Guest House
$242
$417
$362
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$139
$69
  • Free Internet
Barocco Hotel(Rome)
$382
$275
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Upon arrival at Principe we were met by the owner Victoria who informed us due to a double booking we'd be staying at the B&B's new secondary premises one block away. This turned out to be a very nice two bedroom apartment that has been newly renovated and isn't available to book directly yet, but is used for long term stays due or to cover double bookings.

After our check-in where Victoria provided some very useful information about the city we were taken to our room which was very spacious, secure, and provided everything we needed during our stay. The building was quiet and secure and there were no problems getting a good sleep. Breakfast was not provided, but we were given access to the apartments kitchen where it was possible to prepare our own, and Victoria also provides some basics like tea, coffee, milk, etc.

In terms of location the property is only a short walk away from Termini station from where you can reach anywhere in the city either on foot of my metro/bus. The general area around the station isn't the nicest part of the city and you are unlikely to want to stay in the neighbourhood for longer than is necessary, but the closeness to the station makes it easy to escape.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the B&B and Victoria does go out of her way to make you feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Excellent stay, very clean, lovely host - highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Victoria is one of the most rememberable characters from our trip to Italy. While we felt that most italians are little rude, Victoria gave us a relief. We could hardly understand her broken English but she tried her best to give us information and tips about Rome.

We had booked in Principe, when we arrived Victoria said she is taking us to a different place "New Principe"! We were bit shocked and concerned since I had read reviews that hotel owners in Rome cheat and take you to a cheaper or dirty hotel giving variety of reasons, instead of giving you what you had booked. Surprisingly "New Principe" is just across the block and was a nicer place.

Rooms were clean, there was a kitchen which was great, breakfast was standard.

The place is midway beween Termini and another metro station, and easy for commute.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanCJV
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The owner, Victoria, was wonderful. She welcomes you as if you are a close friend and she has been eagerly awaiting your visit. While still in Venice I received an email from her asking what time I expected to arrive as she explained there was no reception desk. I told her the expected arrival time of our train at Termini and after a delayed trek (there are 2 Hotel Principes on Via Principe Amadeo street, which we learned first hand) we rang the buzzer and were immediately allowed entry into the apartment building. The elevator is typical of Europe but was so small that I was not confident that both my daughter, I, and our luggage would fit so I sent my daughter up first (she's 22). I heard a very warm welcome to her and her explanation that I was on my way up. Victoria showed us to the room and started explaining Rome. She then noticed that we were sweating [profusely] since it was sweltering that day and heaving luggage through the streets of Rome is challenging, she excused herself, and came back with a large, cold bottle of water, 2 glasses, and a tray. So cute! She was full of information, advice, and answered our questions. We were very glad that we took her advice for the 2 free (included) sites to see with the Roma Passes. Coliseum (which includes the Forum) and Galleria Borghese (Victoria personally called the museum and made our reservation - required but so worth it). I'm sure the Passes paid for themselves with all of the public transportation we used throughout the city during our stay. We mentioned that we were going to the Vatican (we had a Suisse Guard contact that took us to non-public areas) and she promptly apologized for the Pope's not being in Rome LOL! The room was kept spotless as were the hallway. As others on this site have reported, this is a pensione in what was once an apartment. Breakfast is an option (extra charge) and she schedules a time for you. We had to leave her notes a couple of mornings near the kitchen that we were already out and would not be needing it. WiFi is FREE - very welcome since we paid 5 Euro for 30 minutes at our locanda in Venice (Murano). Just down the street towards Piazza della Repubblica and just after the Order of Architects site is a wonderful restaurant - Ristorante Alfredo Sas - excellent service! We stopped in here several times as the food is incredible as well. They give you a glass of Prosecco upon sitting down and then after the meal a glass of this lemon liquor that wiped me out every time. It was very tasty but I reacted to it as if it were everclear! It was comical.
Anyhow, if you are sandwiching in Rome via train (like I did) the location is perfect as it is only a block or so from Termini. Yet even if flying, the Leonardo Express to/from Termini directly to/from Fiumicino makes it a great location anyhow.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

By Rome standards we found the Principe B&B to be very good value.
The host, Victoria was extremley helpful and the breakfasts were excellent.
Wireless internet worked well, but not in our 1st room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple