All reviews bunk beds metro station pastries public transport trip to rome min walk hostel map vatican
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

Overall I was beyond satisfied, and when I return to Rome, I won’t hesitate to stay here again.

Everything was excellent!! The rooms were small and without air conditioning but served well and were clean; a fan and small Tv was provided, but there’s no time for TV when in Rome.
The staff was super friendly and I fed the prices were more than fair.
The breakfast was absolutely delicious and would suggest everyone to eat it at least once!(pictures)

The bathrooms were cramped and doors narrow, but that only added to the charm.
The only, negative (for a lack of a better word) was that we had to walk a block or two to get public transport; something I knew ahead of time and prepared for so I can’t hold it against the nice people that run the hostel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Out first trip to Rome was in April 2015.
We decided to return due to our teenage daughter complaining that we didn’t take her the last time.
We stayed at Hotel Delle Province on the first trip and would have gladly stayed there again however it was fully booked this time.
This led us to Hotel Lodi in a different part of the city.
Turned out to be a good choice, 10 minute walk from the metro.
Rooms were clean and comfortable and owners and staff couldn’t do enough for you.
Breakfast pastries were a big hit all round.
Rome and Hotel Lodi made for an enjoyable family city break.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2018

We have no hesitation in recommending this nice hotel to anyone. It was small but very nice. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, particularly Hasan. He provided us with a map which helped us to see all places we wanted. Attractive garden was good for breakfast. The breakfast was different than in Turkey but we liked it. Everything was excellent. Close to all public transport, metro to vatican, train to airport, bus to pantheon,colleseum.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Right from check in, the staff at Hotel Lodi were extraordinary. From the offers of espresso brought out to us in the beautiful garden to the in depth advice on all the areas in Rome they were perfect. Visiting in the summer might be a challenge for some as the heat in this city can be overwhelming and unfortunately there was little relief in the rooms but there seems to be little relief anywhere in the city so I'd recommend coming in the fall or early spring to avoid any discomfort. I know for a fact that the next time I return to the eternal city I will be staying here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Dean J
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

When you first arrive they will offer you a drink of juice or water, and that's just the beginning of their kindness! The reception people will give you advice for anything you can think of, and they are nice enough to give you your own personal map with the important locations markee so you can always know what happens in a specific area. Absolutely amazing place and people!

Date of stay: June 2018