“simple but pleasent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lodi

Hotel Lodi
Ranked #268 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
New Delhi, India
“simple but pleasent stay”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel is simple but nice and warm and the ambient and staff are really nice.
Pretty backyard garden and nice sweet breakfast.
Hopefully when new metro opens , it will be way easier to move around.
We will come back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for information from desk, which is really usefull.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Indiaman2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was in Italy for 3 months and stayed in quite a few hostels of varying quality. Hotel Lodi was by far the best value. I haven't come across staff in a hotel this helpful in a longtime, they took time to help me plan my time in Rome and helped point out local places to eat. The breakfast at the hostel was amazing. I can't think of enough good things to say about this place, keep up the good work guys :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kingpicolo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our first time in Rome, and we couldn't have picked a better place to stay: The staff were really helpful in showing us how to get around and giving us ideas about what to see.

The welcome was much like a good hostel - free A3 map which the staff show you round and write on, internet room and kitchen with microwave + fridge, relaxed non-pretentious atmosphere. The room was like a good budget hotel - nice character with a view of the pretty garden and old-fashioned shutters on the windows, all very clean including a modern en-suite with a nice hot powerful shower.

Location is not central, but very near bus stops which take you on a nice scenic trip up to Piazza Venezia pretty quickly, or Termini station even quicker. Also close to a train station which links to the airport.

Free breakfast of pastries, juice and coffee/tea. We're not into pastries but they looked very nice if you are, and they brought us some corn flakes instead. If you're a fan of good tea, you might want to bring your own tea bags, but the filter coffee is very nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JackFrobisher
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you're looking for a clean hotel to stay at with friends, this is it! The location is good and the staff is soooo nice. Like so nice. They will make your experience in Rome that much better by helping you plan your visit to the city. The breakfast was nice and the computer room downstairs was really helpful. Although the rooms aren't modern or fancy, they are clean and that was the most important thing to me. It's definitely an old building so it has it's charm. It also has a hostel vibe, but the kind I like with private bathrooms. Overall, it was a pleasant stay for my friends and I :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emvelly
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Even though I visited over a year ago, I still have some nice memories of this place, and especially of the staff. I picked this place because although I'm usually on a hostel budget, I'm not too much of an intensely social, backpacking individual. Lodi was attractive also due to its residential location and proximity to Pigneto, the working-class-now-slowly-gentrifying-hipster-district of the city.

Public transit is easy, especially if you have little luggage. From Termini station, take the 105 bus marked "Grotte Celoni" and get off at "Casilina-Gallarate" (two stops after Porta Maggiore). Cross the major intersection at Via Casilina and turn right (south) towards the aqueduct and the roundabout (Piazza Lodi). You should be on the left-hand side.

Staying on this side, you'll come across a gas station. The hotel is just down the block.

When you check in, Ali (or whomever is at the desk) will probably offer you a welcome drink (some coffee, juice, or water) and get you settled in. The hostel part is on the ground floor, only steps away from reception, and consists of two rooms outfitted with bunk beds (mine had 2 bunks), individual lockers (bring your own lock) and 1 shared bathroom. I believe that both rooms were completely occupied at the time, but I never had any problems using the the bathroom when I needed to. Same goes for the kitchen for storing or preparing simple snacks.

Since Hotel Lodi is more a budget hotel than a hostel, the breakfast area also serves as the common room with 3 (if I remember) computer terminals. I hung out there often (sleeping problems, NOT due to the hotel itself), and of course, took my awesome, carbalicious breakfast there. :)

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, though probably in a private room, and hopefully at a time when I could enjoy their garden. The 3 members of staff I met were polite and friendly, never intrusive, but would also bend over backwards to make sure you were enjoying your stay. Lodi earns a million stars for the people alone, so if you're looking for a casual, relaxed place to wind down after exploring this beautiful city, I would look no further.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank infixing
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Since it was our first time in Rome, we did not know which bus to take as instruction quiet confuse. So it took us 30mins to walk all the way from main station to the hotel. The place is beautiful and located at a very local area.

Room is great, but toilet is super tiny.

We love having breakfast in the garden as it is during summer time, very delight experience.
The front desk guy, who I believe he is also owner, is super helpful and friendly. He recommended us many local restaurants to have delicious local food with reasonable price.

Also, we got so many good travel tips when exploring the city.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so you might want to pack light to be able carry up the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank imwandertraveler
queensland
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We spent a wonderful time at Hotel Lodi. we knew from the moment we stepped in the door to be greeted by the happy Ali that this place was awesome. Ali made sure we had a map and gave a ton of information on what to see and how to get there. All of the staff are super kind and helpful and the free breakfast is a great starter for the day. Ali was kind enough to give us a free upgrade as the hostel wasn't booked out. We spent christmas eve there and were even given a glass of wine to celebrate.. The bedroom was nice and the beds were very comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family