“Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #260 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This small hotel proved an ideal base for family holiday to Rome. The staff were very helpful and even when we left the hotel they said they would help us if we had any problems with travelling. Its the staff at the hotel that really made it a memorable stay.

Also the breakfast was simple but was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Alastair G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent value for money. Staff very very helpful. 20 minute walk into rome centre which was a nice way of seeing the rest of Rome. Room was clean and the staff looked after us. Free wifi was a bonus and we enjoyed our morning coffee and croissant for breakfast. I can highly recommend hotel Lodi to any one who is visiting Rome on a budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Wendy C
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here some days ago having booked it from all the good reviews I had read. It was easy enough to find from Termini station. Although you can still get off at the 7th stop and walk back on yourself rather than the 6th and having to then cross the road.

Check in was fine as they let me check in early by about an hour. I was given a mixed dorm, sharing with potentialy three other people. There was only two people there on my first night then one the next and three more on my last night. Although, it said I would have a private bathroom shared with those in my dorm this wasn't really the case. They had another dorm next door with I think four beds and they too had access to our "private" bathroom. This was not advertised correctly.

Breakfast is included in the rate, which consists of pastries, a tea or coffee and juice. The common room area has a few tables and they have two computers available to use free of charge. Be wary though, the computers are positioned in a way that everything you do can be seen by the people sat behind you. So, booking things online can be tricky. Wifi here is also free. Very handy.

I encountered about five different members of staff here, all were really friendly and adorable.

The premises could do with a facelift if I'm honest. The bathroom is pretty gross. I stayed on the ground floor rooms and the shower area was full of ants, ocassional dirty underweard socks slung over the shower beam by an inconsiderate guest. A floating log because someone didn't have the mind to flush.

The kitchen area is nice and always smells of yummy pastries. You can use the fridge and microwave and kettle and cutlery etc.

If you stay here ask for a room upstairs. Not downstairs. It is horribly noisy. With it being next to the reception area, kitchen and common area, people talking like foghorns until the ealry hours because it is 24/7. It's a nightmare when people are checking in after midnight and they're having a full blown conversation right outside your door.

The room itself is basic. Two bunk beds and some room to move about, along with a cupboard to lock your belongings away, so don't forget your padlock! Depending on if you're on top or bottom bunk, and the person who's on top bunk, the bunks can get very wobbly. This girl was on the tip bunk for one night and it felt like an avalanche. However, a tall, athletic man had top bunk for another night and he did not wake me up at all!

The mattress was very soft, it was like a tempur mattress, but obviously wasn't a tempur mattress. Only my butt would sink and meld into the mattress, so it might be uncomfortable for some. Although, they let me check in early they said my bed was still to be made up which was fine because I was off out again anyway. However, 8 hours later, I returned and my bed was not made up, nor was I given a blanket. It was no big deal though.

The hostel while not right near termini is still easy to reach.

I am not entirely sure if I would stay here again, but having said this, the staff were fantastic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Zeva2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

The hotel is a little out of the way from the center of Rome but close to public transport, so getting around is easy. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, mapping out where to go, how to get there, and some tips and tricks for tourists. The (private) room was large, very clean, and was exactly what we needed. The bathroom and shower were clean and larger than expected. The use of a kitchen was a bonus. It was nice to sit outside for breakfast, but beware of the mosquitoes. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MSY2Anywhere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Hotel Lodi staff went above and beyond! My travel partner and I were given spoiled with Nutella croissants, our choice of hot drinks and lots of tourists suggestions with a full overview of how to reach our destination. Lodi is close to some of the most hip and exciting night clubs and also near a few markets just in case any transportation strikes occur. I will never forget my experience at this hotel, it was my first backpacking trip to Europe and Rome had so much to offer. Lodi felt like a home base were I was able to room with not only my good friend, but also a few new mates from all over the world looking for and sharing similar experiences!
* Side note: Look for "Ali" at the front desk! he's my favorite!

Room Tip: I suggest rooming with new people if you are backpacking! it was an excellent experience for me and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Junebug8811
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place is great. I didn't ever catch the guys name, but one of the front desk guys was just amazing. He spent probably 1/2 hour with my friend and I, mapping out a walking tour of Rome. He recommended a great place to eat that night. He was just INCREDIBLE.
The place itself was nice and clean (for the most part, the showers were a little iffy but I wore flip flops in EVERY shower on my trip so I didn't care), and the gardens outside were beautiful. Not to mention, Hotel Lodi serves up a delicious breakfast of croissants, juice and cappuciano. I would recommend this place to anyone, and I would go back in a heartbeat.
It is a little bit of a walk or a short metro ride into the mainstream stuff in Rome, but I liked being off the beaten path, and the neighborhood was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank stupy219
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff is amazing. Free breakfast in the morning personally served to you and they couldn't be more friendly. They explained in depth the best way to see Rome and made my trip remarkably smooth. It's located in a quiet neighborhood in Rome removed from the touristy center, but I particularly enjoy that as it made me walk through residential areas to get to the tourist bits, showing off more of the real Rome. There is a fantastic restaurant around the corner that the staff can point you to with English-speaking waiters who might have even got a little tired of me eating there so often during my 5 day stay. Located near lots of public transit if you choose to use it, I preferred to walk for the exercise and the site-seeing. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo