“Chic Retreat in the Eternal City”

Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George
Ranked #36 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Boston, Massachusetts
“Chic Retreat in the Eternal City”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Nestled among the antique shops of via Giulia, this modern boutique hotel is the perfect place to stay... On the edge of the Centro Storico and a stones throw away from all must-sees of Rome, this hotel is one I've frequented. Very good WIFI connection and the sauna & spa are a nice retreat after a looong day of walking, exploring or even working!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Zanotti-A-board
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback on your recent stay at the St. George Roma.
I was delighted to learn you appreciated our location: this is one of our strengths and I am happy you enjoyed it.
I am specially happy to read about your spa experience and that you found our wifi connection very good and usefull.
Once again thank you very much for your time and for choosing to stay at the St. George and we hope to see you very soon here in Roma.
Yours sincerely.
Paolo Falchi, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

What a fantastic stay we had for my 50th birthday the hotel is absolutely fab the staff very polite and helpfull i can't think of anything negative about this hotel as everything was perfect.The breakfast and the morning coffee was fab and a special thanks to Paulo for the bottle of red wine for my special birthday.We will difinatley see you all again in the near future for a return trip to a fabulous city

many thanks Huw and Mandy

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Huw R
We are really happy to know that you very much enjoyed your 50th birthday at the St. George Roma.
Thank you very much for your wonderful review; I am very glad to hear so kind words about my staff. I was delighted to read your comments and especially pleased that you enjoyed our morning breakfast.
I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again next year and I take this opportunity to wish you Merry Christmas.
With warmest regards.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Via giulia is a very convenient location from where my wife and me could easily walk to different locations. Room was big and very cozy. Staff extremely polite and helpful ,always smiling. Beautiful terrace overlooking rome's roofs where we spent our last evening drinking and listening to the music.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear john_harris58
Thank you ever so much for writing such wonderful review and thank you for your visit to the St. George Roma. I am delighted to hear that you really enjoy your stay and that you rate the facilities of the hotel and the team who serve you in such high regard.
I am truly happy to know that you tried our roof top restaurant and that you enjoyed with the stunning view of Roma and our music.
I very much look forward to see you very soon again and we send you our warmest regards.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed for a week at the St George (in November), and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. (We find it hard to understand some of the adverse comments posted by other travellers.) All the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and efficient, our room was comfortable and clean (our thanks to the various cameriere who looked after it), and my wife's birthday was very kindly acknowledged by a bottle of Merlot from the manager. The location of the hotel, in a relatively quiet but interesting street, allowed us to walk to many of the sights we wanted to visit. We thought that the breakfast buffet was excellent, with a great variety of choice, although in the evening the restaurant was poorly patronised and perhaps as a result seemed rather austere and lacking in atmosphere - there are of course numerous other tempting eating places close by.

Room Tip: Our room was on the fifth floor, with a balcony overlooking Via dei Bresciani, a side road which run...
1 Thank Caretaker99
Dear Caretaker99
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your recent stay at the St.George Roma. I am happy to know that your overall impression about the location, hotel, the staff the rooms and our American buffet breakfast were good.
Since we have an open space restaurant throughout the lobby level sometimes if we have lack of guest the atmosphere can be poor, even if we have soft music and candles all over the area, but I can ensure you that our food is excellent also as our drinks.
I really hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again at the St. George Roma.
Kind regards. Paolo Falchi, General Manager

Hopefully during your next visit to Rome maybe in summer time you can enjoy our Roof Top Restaurant were the atmosphere and the view are breathtaking.

Connecticut
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We first stayed here when it was the Hotel Cardinal -- obviously far & away improved and updated in it's most recent incarnation. The attraction of Via Giulia has remained constant over the years; for us this is absolutely a perfect location. Our room was large and attractively furnished, everything was clean and everything worked. Towel warmer in the bathroom very comfy touch during the cold & rainy spell. Good toiletries, excellent towels and robes. Nice rooftop views from interior-facing windows. Wifi throughout, also two pcs and printer off lobby just in case. We believe the hotel was fully booked during our stay but we rarely saw anyone passing in the lobby or seated in the bar. NO storage in our bedroom, no way to unpack, no place to put anything beyond toothbrushes & deodorant in the bathroom. We could hang two coats and keep our shoes in the "closet," that's it. No luggage racks but luckily there was a narrow area off the stairs leading up from the bathroom where we could keep one open suitcase (airplane roll-on size) and a shoulder bag; the other suitcase (again, airplane roll-on size) was left near the chair & ottoman. So we basically lived out of the cases for four days. "Task" lighting was inadequate for reading unless you laid down and used the spot-lights in bed. Good breakfast buffet, excellent coffee. Very nice to have turkish bath/spa/plunge pool. Friendly doormen/bellmen, efficient folks at the front desk. Rooftop terrace closed for the season by the 1st of Nov, but it wasn't too far a walk to the Raphael's terrace. If you stay here, try Il Drappo and/or Pierluigi 1938 for dinner -- both are scant minutes from the St George.

1 Thank NoOneWillAnswer
Dear NoOne Will Answer
On behalf of the St. George Roma, I would like to thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience during your stay.
I am happy to know that your impression about the location, the design and all our services were very good.
On the other hand, I do regret you were disappointing about the size of the bathroom and wardrobe, as I am sure you have noticed, the St. George Roma is housed by a beautiful 15th century building which gives the hotel great character and charm, but at the same time , due to the Italian regulation we are unable to modify the shape or the size of any parts of the rooms and this is the reason why some of them may not provide generous space.
Rest assured that your comments are very much valued and do not hesitate to contact me personally during your next visit to Rome.
With warmest regards. Paolo Falchi, General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the St. George to start our honeymoon, and were not disappointed. Big points go first to the hotel itself, which is beautifully done, and to the extremely professional and helpful staff. This was our first real trip to Rome, and every question was answered. Another big plus was the location, which was within a 10-15 minute walk of a great deal of the city sights. Within 2-3 minutes, you have a number of charming trattorias and wine bars. The only negatives are--and they are minor--noise and room size. The former was a bit more than anticipated, while the latter was a bit less, but then again, we're in Rome. A truly great stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear TGD80
It was a pleasure to welcoming you and your wife at the St. George Roma for your Wedding Anniversary.
I am very proud to hear that the staff has contributed to make your stay a wonderful stay and in particular that you found the staff very helpful and professional.
As you said in your review the location is a very important feature and I am very happy you enjoyed it because the location is one of our strengths.
I really sorry that you find negatives minor--noise and room size. I really suggest to visit us again and book a deluxe roome or any of our Junior Suites.
Thank you once again for your feedback. I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards. Paolo Falchi, General Manager
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A beautiful boutique hotel, conveniently located to walk to many of Rome's most memorable sites. We arrived mid-day in time to check in, walk the neighborhood (Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Campo de Fiori, etc), and then have drinks overlooking the rooftops of Rome, and dinner with a spectacular view of St. Peters. Morning buffet offered plenty of choices, with food kept fresh and warm. The spa offered a great break after our touring each day. The concierge arranged for a wonderful guide for a special day at the Vatican. Our room was clean, comfortable and service was terrific each day. My wife loved the spa services. Great location, perfect place for us for our visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Honeymooner0714
stgeorgeroma, Direttore at Hotel Indigo Rome - St. George, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Honeymooner0714
We are delighted to know that you and your wife very much enjoyed your stay with us.
I am particularly happy to know that you found our roof top terrace and spa both excellent, specially after visiting Rome. As you said, our location is perfect to explore this wonderful city, indeed the hotel is next to Campo de Fiori, the Vatican and the Trastevere districts.
I am delighted to hear that you like your accommodation, our morning breakfast and all the services provided in our hotel; in particularly we really appreciate your positive feedback on our staff.
Many thanks once again for your lovely review and I very much look forward to welcome you back to St. George Rome in the near future.
Warm regards. Paolo Falchi, General Manager