“Don't worth the money”

Residence Don Bosco
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Residence Don Bosco
Ranked #1,044 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
La Coruna, Spain
“Don't worth the money”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was my second visit to Rome and this time I went with friends. I did not know anything about the acommodation as it was something chosen in the last minute for a friend of mine.

Well I could not be more honest: Do not go here. Although is cheap is soooooo far from the centre that it takes almost 30 minutes to reach the centre of Rome with the tube and in the night you have to take a cab.
This is a dorm during the year and in the summer they use the rooms for tourists. Our room was quite big but really basic.

Positive thing was that we found the room and bath clean. I have just read some reviews and people complained about this. Luckily we had not this problem.

A very negative thing was the breakfast: a dirty breakfast room, plastic tablecloths, horribly coffee and just some toasts for eating. Worst breakfast in the world!

We payed 60 euro per room and night. Really, do not come here, do not worth the money. I stayed in Tritone Hotel the first time I was in Rome (you can see my review), a cousy hotel two minutes walking to Fontana di Trevi.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Halcon Viajes

1 Thank donperico

Business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2008

Residence Don Bosco was a little far from the city center for me. Although I am not a party animal, even I found it difficult to get back to the hotel because of work being done on the metro (it closed earlier) and the buses were extremely sporadic after 10 pm. Anyway, I would have felt safer, spent less money, and done more if I had not had to spend so much time traveling back and forth from the center of town (about 20 minutes).

The Residence itself was pretty good...clean, comfortable, and new, but very basic (tile floors, generic maple furniture). It really was very much like a dorm - but a brand new dorm with a GREAT bathroom, air conditioning controlled in the room, and satellite tv that had at least 2 English language channels. There is no internet access unless you bring your own laptop, so be warned (the site I booked through was not specific on that point so I was a little disappointed at having to use the access point in the back of a nearby market).

Breakfast was a little spare, but to be expected for the price, and the front desk staff were professional but not overly friendly.

• Liked — Clean, quiet and new
  • Disliked — Too far from city center
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SoloTripper66
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed February 26, 2007

Don Bosco Residenze in Rome is a wonderfull and cosy hostel. All is very clean just like at home, I would say you can eat here from the ground - its that clean. Great price, friendly staff at the reception, you feel very safe of course, nice large rooms (doublebed) and brand new bathroom. From all the locatoins in Europe, this was the best i have ever visited. I booked via hostelworld.com and stayed 5nights.

The subway is very close, just across the street (cca 10min walk) and there are lot of shops (incl. supermarket)near the residenze.

I would come again.

• Liked — Cleanliness,Building and premises look like brand new
  • Disliked — Poor quality of served breakfast
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MariannMa