“Great location & the price was right :)”
Review of Obelus B&B

Obelus B&B
Ranked #930 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
keisha11
“Great location & the price was right :)”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at Obelus! The B&B is located about 10 minute walk from the Colosseum, and about an extra ten-20 minutes to other locations (we walked everything, good exercise!). There was air conditioning, which was great since it was 98 degrees outside. The girl who ran the B&B was amazing, so helpful and sweet. This was by far the cheapest place to stay among all of our locations, and it was very nice! Our room was a bit small for American standards, but fine for European standard. The room was cleaned everyday, the bathroom was spotless. Very clean, very friendly, amazing value. The only drawback is that it is not in the heart of Rome, but considering the value it is worth the walk. You will not find a deal like this in all of Europe this time of year (Summer).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 28, 2010

The Obelus B&B made my Roman Holiday. It had a central location, but was removed enough from the hustle and bustle of Rome to create a quiet and relaxing environment. It is only a 10 minute walk from the Holy Steps and San Giovanni cathedral. The metro is only a 2 minute walk. This metro line it happens to be on takes you straight to the Vatican in about 20 minutes! (This is incredible for Roman traffic standards). Also the Colosseum is about a 10 to 15 minute walk. The location allows you to enjoy Rome by walking around in, yet being close to public transportation.

The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. The shower and bathroom was one of the biggest I saw in all of Europe. As an American, I was beyond excited about this. The room was also self-controlled air conditioned.

Breakfast was simple and basic but still delicious. They had pastries, toast, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice, and nutella! The cookies that are kept in the common area are to die for.

The owners of the B&B are an absolute delight. They were extremely welcoming and very willing to answer questions. They are very knowledgable about Rome as a whole and the neighborhood of the B&B. They were even willing to drive us to the airport at 4:30am. They speak English fluently and clearly. I had left a valuable possession at the B&B and they even sent it to me. I consider that going above and beyond what they needed to.

The Obelus B&B help make Rome my favorite city in Europe.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 16, 2010

The beds were very comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful overall, and the location is excellent. It's about a 2 minute walk to a metro stop, and only a few minutes by metro to many of the sites in Rome. The breakfasts are tasty and fresh, if a bit basic. The rooms were clean, and except for one night (hyperactive child upstairs) very quiet. Rooms were decent in size, and the AC worked great. Highly recommended overall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Berkeley, California
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Wonderful little B&B with a tasty break fast and very close to the metro. People are very nice and helpful. Clean, comfortable rooms with posh bath rooms. More than worth the price!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, Ecuador
Reviewed July 8, 2010

This was my very first Bed and Breakfast and specifically in my dream city, ROME! I was at first hesitant in staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but I had some issues with the hotel I reserved, so I needed to find a place real quick, because I was traveling alone (and I'm a girl) but thank goodness a friend of mine mentioned to me that her cousin stayed at Obelus and assured me that I will be safe and sound. I didn't expect the place to be great, but I was wrong! As soon as I got in the building I got way excited with the things I saw, from the old-fashioned elevator, to the keys, the living and dining room, the kitchen, the bed, the room and the toilet ("restroom/bathroom" as we Americans prefer). The place was very clean, simple but elegant! What I like is that it had this "home sweet home" feeling. I felt right at home to think the fact that I was by myself (it was my first time in ROME, so everything felt just right!) I would like to thank Sal(the owner) for answering my phone call at 6am, Italian time, I didn't think that I would interrupt his sleep, (because I thought that it's like a hotel which can be called 24/7..haha) and for OBELUS to have a vacancy for me. Sal even thought that I was "pranking him," but thank goodness he realize that I was serious and needed a place to stay while I'm in Rome. He definitely was a very nice person, he told me the best places to go eat in Rome, and the shortway to get to the Colosseo and the Forum. Sal's wife, was also very nice to come in and help served breakfast. I really appreciate that the owners, themselves, would take the time to wake up early to check up on their guests and to just get to know each other. That really was something to me, I really admired that.
The other OBELUS helpers, Liisi and Luna, were so great!!! They helped me realize how much I love NUTELLA! Thank you for serving good breakfast. They were so nice and made me feel comfortable we are even good friends now specifically on facebook hehe. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at OBELUS not because of the distance, which as I mentioned earlier, OBELUS is soooooo close to the Colesseo, the Forum, Palatino, and other Rome's attractions, also the Metropolitan's right around the corner (that you can take to get all over Rome and to the Vatican City), but the hospitality that I have received from the owners and their helpers. That was the biggest thing, because everything else went to place. Moreover, there were also nearby stores and bars. The place is on a safe and quiet area. Obelus made my Rome vacation dream an experience I will never forget!! Once again, thank you thank you OBELUS!! So I am definitely in love with Bed and Breakfast type of vacation stay. However, I am definitely staying here the next time I go back to Rome! I am very satisfied with my stay here and highly recommends this place!! So what are you doing now? Email or call or book your stay at Obelus!! :))

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Lincoln, UK
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Obelus B&B for four nights at the end of June 2010 and were very happy with both the the B&B itself and the wonderful service provided.
Obelus B&B is in a good location, it's close to the Colosseum and within walking distance to the centre of Rome, it's also around 100m away from the nearest Metro station. We found the Metro to be a cheap (€1/trip) and easy way to travel around Rome. The area surrounding Obelus B&B is quiet and we felt safe here at all times during our trip. The B&B itself is immaculately clean and tidy. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are an adequate size. Salvatore and Lisa were fantastic hosts, they were kind and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. They gave us indepth advice on the best sites, restaurants and most importantly ice cream shops! We would thoroughly recommend Obelus B&B.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2010

great location, very nice hostesses, very clean, quiet and close to all main tourist attractions. Lisa really knows how to treat guests. Hope to return there again

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple