“A very good B&B in a great location”
Review of Obelus B&B

Obelus B&B
Ranked #1,103 of 3,711 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The Obelus is a great place to stay as it’s both centrally located and reasonably quiet – a combination which I’ve found makes the best basis for a city visit. It’s situated in a quiet street just off the Piazza St Giovanni in Laterano, and is a 5 minute walk from the Manzoni metro station and about the same to the bus stand in the piazza; it’s a 15-20 minutes walk to the Coliseum. There are lots of places to eat and drink nearby, and also shops and takeaways (there’s a bar-café almost opposite). Monika, who manages the place and did breakfast, speaks excellent English and was very helpful and friendly.
The Obelus itself is an apartment on the second floor of a residential block, with a small lift. There are 3 rooms and we had Room 3. The room is what I would call adequate in terms of size and facilities – there are twin beds which were arranged for us as a double, and were very comfortable. The other 2 rooms must have been larger as they had families staying in them, but I didn’t see inside. In our room, other than the bed the only other furniture was a small wardrobe and a bedside table – no chairs (nor indeed would there have been any room for them). There is a reasonably sized en suite modern shower room / WC and plenty of hot water, and there is air conditioning. Breakfast is served in the dining room onto which all the rooms open.
The main downside for me was that the room is quite dark, with the only natural light coming from the glass door leading to a very small balcony facing onto a sunless enclosed courtyard – so you need the light on all the time (not really a problem if you’re out sightseeing all day).
Overall, bearing in mind the location and cost, I think Obelus offers very good value for money and makes a good base for a leisure trip to Rome. I would certainly go back if I ever visit the city again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Obelus B&B

Reviewed April 20, 2012

It was my first time to experience b&b at first I was hesitant, but when my wife and I arrived, I was really impressed...the place is great and clean. the staff and the owner Monica is very helpful and accommodating. Staying here gives me the roman residence experience... It makes me want to stay more...and breaks my heart to leave...I miss the place already... Hope to be back in Rome with my wife and stay here again...

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed at this B&B while in Rome travelling alone. It was my first time travelling by myself, and at Obelus I felt extremely comfortable. The young woman who was working there was incredibly helpful and fun to talk to. She pointed out some places of interest for me to go and made sure that my stay was as comfortable as possible.

The room was huge and the bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was very satisfying and it was nice to wake up and have the breakfast all set out at my seat for me. The location was also perfect, very close to the Colosseum and some wonderful restaurants in the area. As I was on a budget I ended up walking everywhere in Rome, and Obelus was a perfect location for that.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone who is travelling to Rome, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Perfect location between the Colosseum and Termini (Train Station). Just off Piazza San Giovanni from where 14 different buses depart for all destinations around Rome. Also 2 minutes walk to tram or Metro too. Within the block are all manners of shops, bakery, bars, restaurants to meet all your requirements. Very safe area 24 hours a day. Lovely hosts Moniker and Pierdavide who provide helpful information and a wonderful breakfast. Rooms are a good size and internet is free. A baby cot was provided free of charge too.
Can't fault this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmandaKIndia
Reviewed March 20, 2012

i ve booked this bed and breakfast because read so good about them and it `s all true!!!
monika the hostess has been our angel in Rome, my son had fever and she even bought for him medicine!!!we spent four days in Rome and we will be back for sure!!!the location is perfect so close to the coloseum and so easy to get the vatican with 10 minutes by tube

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

i have been in this bb in gennuary and has been the best accomodition i always had in italy!!!! monica, the owner is so helpfull and she made for hus everyday a bi breakfast with salami, ham, chees, toast etc. the location is really good, close to coloseum and termini station. we will go again for sure!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at Obelus in October 2011 for 7 days. 3 days at the beginning of our trip and 4 days at the end. It was like coming home. Monika is extremely helpful. She will get out of her way to help! This bed & breakfast is very convenient, close to many sightseeing places and the metro is approx. 5 minutes walk. We stayed in the double room which was smaller than the other rooms but it was clean, affordable and we had access to the kitchen which made it cosy and comfortable. I would recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple