“Nice room poor service”
Review of Vatican Garden Inn

Vatican Garden Inn
Ranked #1,121 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location, it is a ten minute walk to the Vatican and St. Peters. The area is very safe with several good locations in the area. The is also a grocery store right around the corner from the hotel. The hotel is a very nice the room we had was very large and clean. The service at the hotel however is not very good. Upon arrival I found that the lock on the room door did not work and asked the gentleman at the desk to have it fixed, he came and looked at it and proclaimed that he could not fix it himself. I stated that would be fine and that he could have someone come and fix it later or the next day. This never happend. The next morning we found that the drain in the shower was plugged and we asked to have it fixed [several times] it was finally some what fixed the day before for we left. [4 days after the first request] A continental breakfast was included with the room on the first day the buffet table was well stocked however the amount of food on the table declined everyday, the quality was OK but if you arrived a little later than the 7:30 time it opened you may not have much selection. I would stay here again because of the location and the room but I would definately be a little pushier about getting things fixed if needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Due to the advises I had read before leaving (but after booking) I was a bit scared. Actually, I was re-directed to the "chambres d'or" (same owner) because of full booking at arrival and it was a lucky coincidence! Spacious rooms in a historical building (book superior rooms), with green courtyard, bathroom with all comforts (just a bit dark, if one shall find a fault). Personnel is very kind and helpful, delicious breakfast with "caffé e cornetto" voucher for the bar next door. My only remark: when I refused their (paying) shuttle service to the airport, they said they "could not" call me a taxi to bring me to the train station!Otherwise, lovely stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank antonio78
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The good thing of the hotel is the location, just a stone's throw away from the Vatican and Saint Peter Basilica. But that's all. Rooms are very small and old. In one occasion at 6pm the bathroom still had to be cleaned. The breakfast is almost no existent, it is poor and hosted in an ugly venue in the garden. Definitely to avoid if possible.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Paolo C
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I can not recommend you to choose this hotel. I have very bad experience with the staff. Actually they stole my money via their deceitful practises.
Paul, Hamburg

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Paul S
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We will stay in a two beds room for a weekend and I will enjoy it a lot. The location is perfect, right at a centre near Vatican (about 10 minutes walk). We stay at the luxury floor, that is the name of the floor at other building across the street where Vatican Garden inn has another rooms. Room has been clean, new, with free wifi, plasma tv and comfortable beds. Bathroom has been new and clean, there is everyday cleaning by the hotel stuff. Breakfast in hotel is pretty good but there is not many chances to choose between food. There is only cereals, some toasts, coffe and nothing else. Near the hotel is a few good restaurants for lunch and dinner. During the stay there is no problems, we make payment by credit cart with no problems and also the stuff was very kind. So I can definitely recommend this hotel because you get very good value for good money :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank joshjoy
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel was nice our room was very specious and clean, Bathroom was decent even though had issues like water leaks etc..
Breakfast was decent, nothing too special, best about this hotel it has pretty good location, nice walking distance from all amities, if you can handle 20 to 30 min walk
Both guys in the reception were polite and try to help at their best ability but I believe the hotel own was rude and arrogant person, expect us to fully pay our stay on the 1st date.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sidihmed A
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We came to Rome for our holidays and were pleasantly suprised by the hotel we had booked. The staff was very friendly and answered all our questions. The location is excellent as it is just a five minute walk away from the Vatican and very close to many of Romes attractions. The rooms were also very nice. All in all a brilliant hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family