Rome Marriott Park Hotel
$537
$298
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
$248
Hotel Morgana(Rome)(Great Value!)
$202
$137
2,147 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeclose to the airportshuttle busshuttle serviceeuros round triphuge hotelfco airportoutdoor poolthe hotel offerseuros per personan early flightbeautiful hotelbusiness centerrental carrooms are nicepublic transportgelato
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Rome Marriott Park for 12 days for business. I was not that impressed, and more than a bit disappointed.

Pros:
- Collect Marriott points!
- American-style beds and bedding (meaning large, comfortable beds and soft sheets)
- Moderate facilities (restaurant, fitness centre, etc)
- Fitness centre open 24 hours

Cons:
- Location. There is nothing - literally nothing - nearby. So unless you want to take and pay for a taxi, you're eating in the restaurant.
- For an American chain hotel, I was disappointed by the lack of understanding around typical American fare (one day I requested "oatmeal" and received a "porridge" made of cornflakes. Yes, cornflakes. I also confused them by asking for "maple syrup"). I have lived abroad for 3 years and so normally do not expect American-style food, but this is an American brand.
- Fitness centre was marginal. The room was always hot, the water was nearly always empty and a fair amount of the machines were broken. The TVs either didn't worked or offered terribly grainy service.
- The restaurant is expensive! The food is okay, but the prices are high for what you receive
- Service is marginal at best. I often was the only person in the restaurant and yet had to wait ages to get water, wine, bread - or even a look/glance from the server. Service at breakfast was a bit of a joke, too. I had to go and find my waiter to get a coffee.
- The chefs either don't understand, or don't care, about how to cook food. Several times I asked for "medium rare" only to receive food that was well done (and I'm being generous). I explained what I wanted in both English and Italian (with help from an Italian friend) and yet received ruined food every time. I eventually had this taken off my bill.
- Internet is expensive! I don't understand why the nicer the property, the more expensive the internet service. This should be complementary.
- Housekeeping was sporadic. Some days I received toiletries, some days I didn't. Finally on the 11th day, after 3 requests and me using a hand towel in the shower, I received a washcloth. (Side note: I will never understand the European aversion to washcloths. There was a bidet but no flannel - odd).

All in all, I wasn't very impressed. I expect better from a Marriott property. I won't be returning (unless I have to) and will instead choose a property in the city centre. I am sad to lose the Marriott points, but the tradeoff for better service, lower price is worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the diagonal rooms - They offer a large bathtub and a large bed.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

In general this place was not too bad. Treatment for Elite members are as what is expected nothing more, nothing less. Staff are friendly and helpful. This is the closest airport to FCO, they do have shuttles provided (in Dec 12, it was 10 Euro p/p), however its operation time is limited, I believe till 10 pm.
Location wise, this is only good if you have to be around the area. The hotel itself seems to be a main convention hotel. Other than that, it takes about 15 mins with your own transport to Rome center. Most probably they have some alternative arrangements.
Rooms are spacious and breakfast spread is ok, not too grand (as compared to the area where you have breakfast).
There is a nice outdoor pool, but only useable during the warmer months.
There is a Concierge lounge which is 24 hours open and during the weekdays they do have some evening canapes. Weekend is only limited selections of drinks as it is unmanned.
In general the hotel is not too bad if you have your own transportation, but if your main purpose is for the center of Rome, this might not be the best hotel.
The only downside of this place is the logic of squeezing guests especially in the weekends for parking (approximately 12 Euro) when the the parking area is virtually empty in the weekends. Accordingly only management (which surprisingly was not present in the weekends - can't believe no managers on duty in the weekend at a hotel!) can waive the charges. I guess they know that guests would need a car since in the weekends I doubt any public transportation is available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Rooms are spacious, clean, modern furniture, and if you are lucky to be on the east side (even room numbers) you can have a partial view of the dome of St. Peter .
But the location is poor - it takes almost half an hour to get to the city, at a cost of 20-30 euro by taxi, or 3 euro with the hotel shuttle (that goes only to the Vatican, up to 9pm).
The worst part of the hotel is the restaurant and the food. In Italy, one expects good Italian food. Italian food cannot be bad!! But in this hotel, the food was bad :( You get one choice of pasta, one choice of meat, and they are such that you do not want any more of it.
Even breakfast was much below what I expected in such hotel.
Bottom line - average

Room Tip: even numbers, east side, have a partial view on the vatican (st. peter)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

First of all, we use this hotel because we are a Marriott family and secondly, we didn't want to deal with the traffic in central rome. It would help to be at least a Gold member (internet and breakfast buffet...)
The Marriott Park Hotel was a very nice hotel located about 30-45 minutes away from Rome by hotel bus. There is a fee for the bus, but it is worth the convenience of not having to deal with traffic. It is also conveniently located near a bus stop (they sell bus tickets at the concierge desk) - and the bus will eventually take you to a metro. Both options are essential for you to be aware of when visiting the city. We have a young child, and the hotel chef was very accommodating in preparing our son's breakfast and some a la carte items.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Blue_terp
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in this hotel early in Jan on transit, we decide to stay here mainly because of the name “Marriot”. I book the rooms via Marriot global phone and the lady say you need two rooms because you are 4, two adult and 2 kids. She proposed connected rooms for reasonable price and I was agreed. When we arrive after the check-in we discover once we were in the room that the room were not connected and the lady said in this hotel we don’t have any connected room… unbelievable…
After I raise the voice finally they give one big room were we can stay all of us, even cheaper.
Dinner in the restaurant was not as I had in other Marriot hotels around the word, the pasta was not cooked even for me that I like “al dente”, the T-bone steak ( 800g x 30euro) was not as you expect a steak in Marriot. You could see from the table inside the kitchen, all the food come already prepared in the vacuum pack..
Breakfast was appearance lovely, a lot choice, but all the food was terrible.
I do not recommend this hotel. If you are on transit in Rome, Hilton airport hotel is much better and convenient-

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family