Prati B&B and Prati Vatican Apartment
Palazzo Naiadi(Rome)
$395
$381
  • Pool
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$133
$69
  • Free Internet
All reviewsmetro stationgreat locationstay there againvisit romeour honeymoon
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This B&B is in a perfect location. It's a 3 minute walk to the metro, and a 5 minute walk to the Vatican. In fact, I walked all around central Rome to and from here. And, it's not hard to find at all, just google map the address before you go.

I'm a young female that travels solo, and I felt relatively safe here. The reality is, in Rome there is graffiti everywhere, it's a big city. All in all, I felt no less safe here than the rest of the city.

The owner was nice enough to me, but I can see how people would think she's rude. She seemed to get frustrated with me when I'd ask questions and not understand her broken English. But it wasn't terrible. The only thing that really bothered me was she made me pay my balance in cash the night I arrived. She wouldn't accept my credit card, and I barely had enough cash to cover it. SO MAKE SURE YOU BRING ENOUGH CASH!

I was in the 'Yellow Room'. The room was really small and dark, and the bathroom was even smaller. The bed wasn't too bad, but the pillow was like a rock. I used the comforter instead. My window was street side, but surprisingly it wasn't too loud. If you have a lot of luggage, be warned, not only is the room small, but the elevator is TINY.

*ALSO: It's a very small operation, so make sure you give the owner a heads up on your arrival time. I had to arrive on a Sunday, and she said no one would be there to let me in prior to 8PM, even though I had planned on arriving around 5. Good thing I found out before!!

I enjoyed my stay here, but to be honest, if I go back to Rome, I'll likely try another spot.

Room Tip: If you are just one person, the 'Yellow Room' will work. More than that, and it will be cramped.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank MonikaCozlin
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This was a terrible b& b. Not clean, everything was old and grubby, even the bed linen. The bathroom was tiny and you had to keep the door open to use the sink. Hard, odd towels, Christmas tablecloth, wardrobe (small cupboard!) was too high to use. No drawers, door didn't lock from inside, should I go on? Yes I will, breakfast had to be at 8am no choice. It consisted of hard fruit , 2 tiny buns each, jam butter fruit juice and a flask of hot water with a tea bag each. The maid came clattering outside the room about 7.30 each morning and knocked on the door at 8 with breakfast. We thought we'd not answer as it was being left outside but was not able to do so. She kept knocking until we answered and told us the tray had to be back outside by 9 am!! No chance of a sleep in! On day 3 the maid knocked at 9.30 to clean the room, we said we weren't ready and could she give us half an hour, her answer was just 'no now!!' I told her not to bother so she went away and we never saw her again. All in all the worst place we have ever stayed. The only thing it had going for it was the location.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank ACROME
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The best thing about this B&B is the location. In a very nice area close to the Vatican and many restaraunts. If you like to walk then you can walk everywhere within central Rome from this location, although there is a Metro station just around the corner for those who don't.

We stayed in the 'Blue room', and found it to be adequate. It wasn't a particulary comfortable mattress but we managed to sleep ok. There was a wifi signal which was an added bonus. However, there was a power-cut to the building one morning, which meant we could not use anything within the bathroom (including the toilet) because of the very strange electric plumbing system.

The breakfast was ok (same everyday, not much to it), but Alessandra (the hostess) insisted on bringing it to the room at 8am which we thought was a little bit early for a leisurely holiday in Rome!

All in all we had a very enjoyable trip, and for the days we were in Rome (first week in May) this offered the best value. The place definitely had character which a hotel may have lacked, and for what the B & B fell short on, the excellent location made up for.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WHZ_UK
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We had a good stay, great breakfast, but we were rudely greeted by Alessandra (the owner). She watched as we entered the building trying to figure out which floor to go to and did not offer assistance until we were half way up the stairs when she shouted if we had a reservation behind us. Then we were literally not even in the door of the B&B before she insisted on ALL the CAST at that instant for the whole stay. She put up a huge stink about it and was really rude until she had it in her hands and then smiled for the first time. Otherwise the stay was fine and the metro stop is really close. There was free wi-fi too which was fantastic. We found a hotel across Rome in the center for 35 euro less a night for the SAME amenities... so look around first, because you can get a better value elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Shelley N
Reviewed April 24, 2011

After a long flight from Australia my friends and I were happy to be greeted by Alessandra! After traveling by the lift to our second floor apartment we were pleased to find a comfortable and spacious apartment with plenty of room for us.

The apartment was clean and simply furnished and we were given a tour by Alessandra who then sat with us and told us about some public transport options to help us get around Rome. While Alessandra's English is not 100% she tried very hard and was able to make conversation with us.

The plans for our holiday were to spend our first 3 days and last 4 days in Rome. We were overwhelmed and grateful to find a traditional Easter cake waiting for us when we returned for our second leg.

Overall the service we received from Alessandra exceeded our expectations. We had expected, like most rental apartments to pick up a key and be left to our own devices - but this was not the case.

We did not expect hotel style accommodation and service. We chose to rent an apartment, rather than book into a hotel to get a real experience of living like a Roman.

If you are looking to come to Rome and stay in an apartment, eat in an apartment and laze around all day then this is not the place for you - Why would you when you are in close vicinity of The Vatican, shops, restaurants and Ottiviano metro station. However, if your idea of a trip to Rome includes seeing the sights, visiting museums and eating lost of Pizza, Pasta and gelato then this is the ideal accommodation for you!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends