“Excellent Hotel with a wonderful location with very friendly staff.”
Review of 207 Inn

207 Inn
Ranked #868 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed there with my girlfriend at the end of september 2010 and decided to opt for a room with a balcony even though we were told the room would be small with a tiny bed. We were surprised when we saw more or less a normal size bed. As we were spending most of our day sight seeing we didnt mind having a smaller room as the balcony more than made up for this. The hotel is very very clean, probably the cleanest place I have stayed, and the staff are extemely helpful and friendly-we didnt have any problems with language either as their English was good! We were seved breakfast in bed every day and had a choice of times for it to be delivered. There were plenty of inexpensive restaurants on our doorstep as well, along with a very cheap market just in front of the hotel. It was still quite warm when we stayed at around 27 degrees every day, but the room had air conditioning. Ottaviano Metro stop and the vatican are literally a stones throw away, so an excellent location for sightseeing. All in all I had a great time here and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank knoxy777

Reviewed May 24, 2010

YOU SHOULD AVOID THIS HOTEL...I'M WARNING YOU FROM MY EXPERIENCE
I made a booking to this hotel for more than a month and found out upon arrival to the hotel that the room just gone due to a problem with booking!!!!!
It was an absolutely unacceptable reason and poor management since it supposed to be informed few days ago so that I could reorganize the hotel booking. I don't need to stay to that hotel, but finally I knew from the hotel reception after carring more than 40 kgs heavy weight bags via a long journey.
Luckily, I arrived around 4-5 pm so I could rearrange the accommodation.
WHAT IF YOU ARRIVE LATE AT NIGHT????????? it will be absolutely nightmare for you...
So I'm warning you.....avoid this hotel.. It's so risky to find out yourself has no room to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skyrocket747
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Expectations is what it is all about. Hubby & I stayed at 207 for 3 nights before a Meditteranean Cruise with 2 other couples. Granted, our room was very tiny in comparison to what we are used to but we found it quaint, with a wonderful balcony where we could have a drink and watch the Romans at work and play. It was all clean and the great thing was that it was close to the Vatican and within walking distance of what we wanted to see. We also got the bus to go to the colloseum and other places. We didnt notice the noise at all and anyway, who wouldnt want to be serenaded by the local market stall owner who saw us sitting on the balcony having a vino! There were larger rooms available but without a balcony. It was a small (pardon the pun) price to pay to be able to use this at night and in the early morning which is the only time we were really in the room (who wants to watch TV when you are in Rome!). For breakfast we just did what the locals did and had a coffee and a pastry standing up at the little shop just a few doors away from the hotel (the owner was very accomodating with our lack of Italian but we did try!). In regard to the front desk there was a small problem with the language barrier but they did try thier best and were very polite if a little reserved. I found nearly all of the places in Italy that we visited wonderful and the people very willing to help you if you tried to speak a litte of their language. As my husband is fond of saying "Its all part of the experience". I would definitely recommend this hotel but only if your expectations are realistic.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Very friendly hotel. Room spotlessly clean, towels changed every day bed linen changed every 3 days. Staff very helpful. We had a corner room which was quite large but the rooms with balconies were very small. Breakfast is served in your room at the time you require. Only get a croissant and coffee, but on 2 days we had juice as well!! Very noisy as it's on a main street but very good double glazing and shutters which cut out most noise. Air conditioning unit effeficient but noisy. We thought it was excellent value for money compared to other hotels and we would stay there again. Very easy to get around, 5 minute walk to the Vatican and if you like walking it takes 1 hour walking slowly to the Colliseum, which is also in walking distance for the Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon and Piazza Navona. 2 mins from the hotel is an excellent Trattoria, they do a 3 course tourist menu for 13 euros which includes bread and service charge very good food. An excellent holiday.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My wife and I booked 2 nights in June - but only ended-up staying one. We left early - our choice.

I will start this off by saying we are level headed people, who travel a lot. We know what level of service to expect when staying at a hotel. This review is being written in a very level-headed mindset. My purpose is to warn other travellers.

When you need something at this hotel - be prepared to potentially fend for yourselves - seriously. Our experience was we only saw a staff member when we were checking in (we booked 2 nights, and were around at 'normal' hours).

No other staff was to be found anywhere - and NO WAY to get a hold of them. This ended-up being a major inconvenience for us.

Our first issue - day 1 in the room - we ran out of toilet paper and actually had to go out to a store and buy our own. No staff to be found anywhere. This set the tone for what was to come next........

We were told that the hotel could help us book transportation to the Airport, and were counting on them for their help. Our flight was leaving very early (before the metro even started), and we needed their help to arrange for a taxi to arrive at 4am for us. Seeing as we did not see anyone to help - we left the night before, as there were still taxis on the street, and we knew there was no risk of making our flight.

This was our choice - but should NOT have been necessary. If you're running a business - have someone there to help your clients (or at least a number we could call to request help).

Making a long story short - we spent the night at the Airport, and still paid for our room. When I contacted Priceline.com to help resolve this issue they assured me that 207 Inn would contact me directly. They never did. All I wanted was for this to be fair - maybe half of my money back for the night before seeing as we technically 'had the room'.

207 Inn - I assure you - the next time we return to Rome we will NOT be staying again. You have a nice hotel, but that is being wasted by your lack of customer service.

To anyone reading this review - unless you know Rome really well (I've been there 5 times as well) - re-consider staying at 207 Inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank markD78
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stayed here as a group of 6, the rooms are very clean, avaerage to large size, ask for the rooms with balconies and you do loose some indoor space however. The staff are great and very friendly and helpfull, perfect location for getting all around rome. would recommend this hotel and its staff. this is not a large multi national just a good friendly home from home style. enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We stayed at the 207 Comfort Inn the last leg of our European visit- I booked it off a website -Orbitz or Expedia- For all of our travels I always come to TripAdvisor to read the reviews and I have never been disappointed! The hotel was great- Great location, so very close to the Vatican (walking distance) and it was very very clean- The staff was friendly and helpful- There were restaurants right below the hotel and on the corner- The shopping was delightful - street vendors set up right outside the hotel front door and had awesome bargains- I loved it because it had a neighborhood feel and did not feel touristy- The rooms had a safe and working tv and heater- We would def stay here again

Stayed: November 2007