“Nice hotel - but be prepared to fend for yourself......”
Review of 207 Inn

207 Inn
Ranked #809 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My wife and I booked 2 nights in June - but only ended-up staying one. We left early - our choice.

I will start this off by saying we are level headed people, who travel a lot. We know what level of service to expect when staying at a hotel. This review is being written in a very level-headed mindset. My purpose is to warn other travellers.

When you need something at this hotel - be prepared to potentially fend for yourselves - seriously. Our experience was we only saw a staff member when we were checking in (we booked 2 nights, and were around at 'normal' hours).

No other staff was to be found anywhere - and NO WAY to get a hold of them. This ended-up being a major inconvenience for us.

Our first issue - day 1 in the room - we ran out of toilet paper and actually had to go out to a store and buy our own. No staff to be found anywhere. This set the tone for what was to come next........

We were told that the hotel could help us book transportation to the Airport, and were counting on them for their help. Our flight was leaving very early (before the metro even started), and we needed their help to arrange for a taxi to arrive at 4am for us. Seeing as we did not see anyone to help - we left the night before, as there were still taxis on the street, and we knew there was no risk of making our flight.

This was our choice - but should NOT have been necessary. If you're running a business - have someone there to help your clients (or at least a number we could call to request help).

Making a long story short - we spent the night at the Airport, and still paid for our room. When I contacted Priceline.com to help resolve this issue they assured me that 207 Inn would contact me directly. They never did. All I wanted was for this to be fair - maybe half of my money back for the night before seeing as we technically 'had the room'.

207 Inn - I assure you - the next time we return to Rome we will NOT be staying again. You have a nice hotel, but that is being wasted by your lack of customer service.

To anyone reading this review - unless you know Rome really well (I've been there 5 times as well) - re-consider staying at 207 Inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank markD78

Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stayed here as a group of 6, the rooms are very clean, avaerage to large size, ask for the rooms with balconies and you do loose some indoor space however. The staff are great and very friendly and helpfull, perfect location for getting all around rome. would recommend this hotel and its staff. this is not a large multi national just a good friendly home from home style. enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We stayed at the 207 Comfort Inn the last leg of our European visit- I booked it off a website -Orbitz or Expedia- For all of our travels I always come to TripAdvisor to read the reviews and I have never been disappointed! The hotel was great- Great location, so very close to the Vatican (walking distance) and it was very very clean- The staff was friendly and helpful- There were restaurants right below the hotel and on the corner- The shopping was delightful - street vendors set up right outside the hotel front door and had awesome bargains- I loved it because it had a neighborhood feel and did not feel touristy- The rooms had a safe and working tv and heater- We would def stay here again

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank TrixieAustin
Reviewed May 24, 2008

We booked the 207 Comfort Inn because of the overwhelmingly positive feedback on tripadvisor. We did not care much about the comparably high price (150 Euro/night) since we thought to have found a gem in Rome which is worth the money… no chance. We left the “hotel” after 5 days although we had to pay for the full ten days of our planned stay - and that’s why we left: We really need a quiet room for the night after a buzzling day out in Rome and the Comfort Inn claimed to have “soundproof” windows. Rubbish! They have simple thermo-isolated windows with almost no sound-blocking function and all rooms go to the main street so you have no alternative. The Via J. Cesare is a very frequented street with a permanent street market so you might expect to be “soundproofed” until midnight at least. Do not be disappointed anyway: If it’s not the street noise that keeps you awake, it’s the underground that goes right under the building. The metro ends at midnight and starts again at 5 am. But do not expect to have 5 hours of continuous sleep. There are eight or so waste containers just in front of the “hotel” and garbage collection is every night at 3 am for half an hour. Believe it or not they really come every night (at least during the five nights we spent). This is for the noise but it is not the end of our complaints list. One evening we had no warm water because the boiler was down. They do not serve their own breakfast but you get a voucher for a cup of coffee and one piece of pastry at a neighbouring bar – if you get it. Only at one out of five mornings there was a person at the reception desk. No voucher no breakfast. Good strategy to save money. At least the bar is very good and not too expensive. There were a lot of smaller annoyances such as: new towels only every second day (do not expect that they are dry the next day), no depositing opportunity in the bathroom, tiny TV with only one English channel (BBC world which drops out during rain), no telephone, small beds, very restricted English skills of the staff (although they try to be helpfull) etc..
Altogether we spend a holiday we will never forget. If this is what you are looking for. Go ahead!

• Stayed: May 2008
3  Thank Traveller4711
Reviewed March 30, 2008

very close to metro Ottaviano, which in big sightseeing cities is one of the most important things, is close to several restaurants frequented by the locals, also close to quick, good, food, ATM's, Vatican City. Felt safe. was clean, staff was nice, most spoke no English, but they attempted, so we were able to communicate.
internet was advertised but it was spotty. sometimes didnt work, or if we sat near door, it would work.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank susanmarieelizabeth
Reviewed February 8, 2008

Rooms were quite small but VERY clean. Receptionist polite and helpful. Centrally situated and very easy access to the whole city. A little expensive in comparison to its 4* competitors.
Contrary to comments on here the rooms do have safes inside the wardrobe.

Not sure about breakfast but was unable to get coffee at anytime. Also no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms.

Out of the hotel and 1st right is a restaurant called la caravella,, food was excellent and service good ,value for money ok. Another restaurant in the next street was L Isola Della Pizza. 80 euros for 2 but very very busy and good quality food. Not many tourists in there but was full, (a good sign)

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I would just like to warn people before they book this establishment BUT I NEVER DID STAY THERE. I booked my stay months in advance with a credit card. No one contacted me to let me know that it had expired until 2 months later. I was given 48 hours to contact them. I did so in an hour; however, they decided to virtually double the overall stay. I think this is disgusting and I would just like to recommend that you do not stay there.

Stayed: April 2007