“The Cherry on Top of the Perfect Trip”

Roma Boutique Hotel
Ranked #183 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Alberta, Canada
“The Cherry on Top of the Perfect Trip”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I made our first trip to Rome, our dream trip (and without the kids!) We stayed at Roma Boutique from Nov 10-18, and it was simply the cherry on top of an amazing trip. I have so much to say, and will try stick to reviewing only the hotel.
From the moment we booked we started receiving incredible service. They booked our private car from the airport and despite airline delays, the hotel responded quickly, and the driver was waiting promptly when we arrived with a sign, and was easy to find. For 45 Euros he drove us not only to the hotel, but past some of the highlight sites along the way. It being nighttime when we landed this was a gorgeous way to arrive! I am thankful we had a car and not trying to use the train (which I am sure would also have been fine) but I can see why some people had difficulty finding the hotel, it really is a "Hidden Gem".
LOCATION: Even though it may be difficult to find, we LOVED the location. I felt very safe being across the street from the embassy, the neighborhood felt very safe to walk around even at 1 am and it was within walking distance to almost everything we wanted to see (within 30-45 minutes) and very close to a metro entrance. The only thing we took the metro to due to distance was the Vatican. When people described the hotel as "being uphill" and complaining about the way home after a long day I expected something awful....it is a slight hill, but with great atmosphere and very pleasant.....that tired? Take a taxi!
HOTEL: While we saw some hotels that were extremely "fancy" on the exterior, I would happily stay at Roma Boutique anytime we return. The rooms are located on the 4th and 5th floor, reception being on the 5th. And yes, you CAN trust the elevator. While it was old and tiny, we were thankful to be in Europe and have the option. Works great!!
We had originally booked a standard room and had the option to upgrade, but were so happy with our room we saw no need to move. The room was kept immaculate by staff, we had no issue with wi-fi, bathroom was very clean and modern. The beds are very hard as some reviewers explain, BUT we slept like a baby.....if you are doing Rome right, you will be so exhausted that the bed won't matter anyways! Lots of extra blankets and pillows and tons of closet and drawer space. TV had a good selection of English channels (although we watched little tv) and the mini bar was very well stocked. We used the water as it was cheaper than most other places. I'd suggest bringing a good re-usable bottle from home to pack around as they are very proud of their clean water drinking fountains and they come in handy.
Breakfast was a delightful treat. You order what you would like the night before, state a time you want it delivered and it's there the next day on the dot. A great selection, good cappuccino and pastries. Having one less meal to spend $$ on was a huge bonus.
The safe in the room worked very well, and my things felt safe in the room. When you leave the hotel you must leave your key (a good old fashioned real key) at the front desk and pick it up when you return. I never minded this because it was a great excuse to say "Buon giorno" to Alessandro.....cannot say enough about him, a simply INCREDIBLE man!! He was the epitome of everything we love about Italy! He would ask where we were going, make suggestions, answer questions and also recommend AND book restaurants for us. (A MUST is St. Ana, have him book this one for sure!) He was charming and was a highlight of the hotel. THANK YOU ALESSANDRO!
We would absolutely stay here again. The staff were amazing, the room was wonderful and I cannot stress how surprised I was with how safe I felt even late at night. A wonderful hotel for a wonderful price!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 26, 2012

It was great to be there. we really enjoyed it! we were very tired because we decided to visit rome without any public transport and when we arrived at hotel at nitght we really felt very good. thanks

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I would definitely recommend this hotel for its great location, good sized rooms, nice breakfast, friendliness of staff and good price.

We stayed at this hotel for a 2 night weekend break. The location of this hotel is great; just off the Via Veneto. The hotel occupies the 4th and 5th floors of a large office/residential block. There is no sign outside the building and you buzz the hotel from the main door to gain access to the building. There is a small lift to the hotel. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the nearest Metro station at Berberini Piazza, the Spanish Steps, Villa Borghese and there are bus stops and a taxi rank almost outside the hotel. There is a grocery store next to the hotel.

We did not require the services of a 4 or 5 star hotel but did want that quality of room and this hotel was perfect for that. Our room (No. 24) was a good size. I thought the bed was very comfortable – quite firm but not hard at all. The bathroom was compact but very well appointed with plenty of toiletries and robes supplied. The shower was particularly good. The room was clean and bright and there was plenty of room to take breakfast in the room. Breakfast consisted of pastries and jams plus your choice of yogurts, hot and cold drinks, cereals which were all nice. The room had a mini bar and a safe.

The staff were extremely friendly and willing to help. Internet access was free and the connection was good. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked Roma Boutique Hotel through Booking.com and got a very good deal for the four nights in November.

The hotel is slightly out of the way of the hustle and bustle of tourist Rome however we liked this as it meant there was peace and quiet in the evenings and whilst sleeping.

The staff were very friendly, the room was clean and cosy. The only thing that didnt work whilst we were there was teh hot water but that was a problem in the street.

The area in which the hotel is located is quite quiet and more of an up market area. trying to find the hotel was a little difficult as there isnt a sign outside the building. To any guests staying you gain access to the hotel via a large door and you have to buzz reception to be let in.

there is no room service however room service isnt necessary when you're surrounded by Italian restaurants!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Boutique is a lovely, charming hotel that I could not fail to recommend to anyone needing a hotel in Rome. I am a frequent traveller there, and this is the best I have stayed in so far. Location is perfect: a short walk to the Galleria Borghese in one direction, and to Espagna in the other, and lots of public transport if you don't fancy the crowded and unforgiving Roman footpaths.

For those not familiar with the type of hotels you get in Rome, the access via the lift will be a surprise, but unless you have the wherewithal to cough up for the Intercontinental, these places are always an interesting local experience to go with the great historical treasures you will spend the day stumbling over.

The room had a fabulous balcony, a huge bed (and yes, they are quite hard, and I personally prefer them to the overstuffed ones I get in lots of places), and a nice little bathroom with good toiletries and robes provided (though as ever, there were the standard comedy moments when discovering just how little of me the robe will actually cover). The soundproofing is excellent, and I grew to love having breakfast in the room (by virtue of the hotel's size, there is only a tiny provision upstairs).

Staff were charming and helpful, internet wireless very good, and the mini-bar quite reasonably priced. Given the location, this is an excellent find, and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony (22 or 24).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank groggery1
Maryland
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our time in Rome. The hotel is cute and the staff is great. I loved the purple plushy slippers! Some reviewers have complained about the hard beds, but I actually prefer hard beds and loved it. I think it was the first time ever that I slept in a hotel and didn't wake up with a backache, so it just depends on your personal preference. The breakfast menu confused us a little on our first night: the list of items was not very long and we did not realize it came with a heaping basket of pastries and ended up with way too much food! So don't make the same mistake I did :) Reception and rooms are on the 4th and 5th floors, which you can either get to by climbing the stairs or going up the tiny elevator. Our satellite tv wasn't working the second night, but it didn't matter because we were too tired from being out all day and I didn't fly all the way to Rome to watch TV!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in September for 3 nights as the last stop of our Europe trip. Our room was very spacious, comparable to North American standards, and the satellite tv was great with tons of English channels to choose from. Rooms have a key and are not the card system in most hotels and you will be asked to leave the key at the front desk when going out. There is not a huge hotel sign so look out for the building buzzer directory since the hotel is on the 5th floor of an office building.

The front desk staff were very helpful and approachable. Breakfast was very simple and minimal - mini pastries, juice, milk, cereal, and coffee machine. We stocked up on water and snacks from the despar grocery store next to the hotel.

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from metro barberini, the walk is mostly downhill going to the metro and uphill coming back. The neighborhood is also mostly working professionals and very quiet at night.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple