Roma Boutique Hotel
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
$181
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$147
$69
  • Free Internet
Palazzo Naiadi(Rome)
$424
$381
Autograph
  • Pool
All reviewsvia venetospanish stepsoffice blockbarberini metro stationfourth floorthe hotel managerevery morningtrevi fountainsafe locationstayed here for nightslarge showerwithin walking distancevilla borghesecontinental breakfastpastrieshotel is greatwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked Roma Boutique Hotel through Booking.com and got a very good deal for the four nights in November.

The hotel is slightly out of the way of the hustle and bustle of tourist Rome however we liked this as it meant there was peace and quiet in the evenings and whilst sleeping.

The staff were very friendly, the room was clean and cosy. The only thing that didnt work whilst we were there was teh hot water but that was a problem in the street.

The area in which the hotel is located is quite quiet and more of an up market area. trying to find the hotel was a little difficult as there isnt a sign outside the building. To any guests staying you gain access to the hotel via a large door and you have to buzz reception to be let in.

there is no room service however room service isnt necessary when you're surrounded by Italian restaurants!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Boutique is a lovely, charming hotel that I could not fail to recommend to anyone needing a hotel in Rome. I am a frequent traveller there, and this is the best I have stayed in so far. Location is perfect: a short walk to the Galleria Borghese in one direction, and to Espagna in the other, and lots of public transport if you don't fancy the crowded and unforgiving Roman footpaths.

For those not familiar with the type of hotels you get in Rome, the access via the lift will be a surprise, but unless you have the wherewithal to cough up for the Intercontinental, these places are always an interesting local experience to go with the great historical treasures you will spend the day stumbling over.

The room had a fabulous balcony, a huge bed (and yes, they are quite hard, and I personally prefer them to the overstuffed ones I get in lots of places), and a nice little bathroom with good toiletries and robes provided (though as ever, there were the standard comedy moments when discovering just how little of me the robe will actually cover). The soundproofing is excellent, and I grew to love having breakfast in the room (by virtue of the hotel's size, there is only a tiny provision upstairs).

Staff were charming and helpful, internet wireless very good, and the mini-bar quite reasonably priced. Given the location, this is an excellent find, and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony (22 or 24).
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank groggery1
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our time in Rome. The hotel is cute and the staff is great. I loved the purple plushy slippers! Some reviewers have complained about the hard beds, but I actually prefer hard beds and loved it. I think it was the first time ever that I slept in a hotel and didn't wake up with a backache, so it just depends on your personal preference. The breakfast menu confused us a little on our first night: the list of items was not very long and we did not realize it came with a heaping basket of pastries and ended up with way too much food! So don't make the same mistake I did :) Reception and rooms are on the 4th and 5th floors, which you can either get to by climbing the stairs or going up the tiny elevator. Our satellite tv wasn't working the second night, but it didn't matter because we were too tired from being out all day and I didn't fly all the way to Rome to watch TV!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed in September for 3 nights as the last stop of our Europe trip. Our room was very spacious, comparable to North American standards, and the satellite tv was great with tons of English channels to choose from. Rooms have a key and are not the card system in most hotels and you will be asked to leave the key at the front desk when going out. There is not a huge hotel sign so look out for the building buzzer directory since the hotel is on the 5th floor of an office building.

The front desk staff were very helpful and approachable. Breakfast was very simple and minimal - mini pastries, juice, milk, cereal, and coffee machine. We stocked up on water and snacks from the despar grocery store next to the hotel.

The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from metro barberini, the walk is mostly downhill going to the metro and uphill coming back. The neighborhood is also mostly working professionals and very quiet at night.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GiLi2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My other half and I stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of a 2-week tour around Italy. We stayed in 3 other hotels and this place had the worst bed by far... sleeping on the floor would have probably been a more comfortable option. We both woke up with sore backs and resorted to arranging a spare blanket on the mattress to provide some extra comfort. Even so, we had 2 nights of broken sleep. The worst bed I've ever slept in - avoid!! Unless you like sleeping on planks of wood.
Location is a major plus for this hotel - most of the famous attractions e.g. Spanish Steps are walkable.
Breakfast is pretty decent, with a choice of hot drinks, juices, pastries, cereals, yoghurts etc. It is also brought to your room which was rather nice.
The hotel itself is set on 2 different floors and there are a fair few flights of stairs to manage with bags if you, like me, take one look at the antique lift and think "no chance". It was a good way of working off all the pasta/pizza though.
Overall, it was an OK stay (sleeping aside!!!) but would choose elsewhere if returning to Rome.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple