“great management”

Serendipity Residence
Ranked #1,002 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 9, 2009

serendipity is not a hotel is a residence, there is no phone in the room, and they will not necessarily take the message if someone calls, but other than that, they are great (I don´t need a phone in the room, and when I on vacation I don´t care who calls me!)!

The room is clean and nice, the bed is confortable, and there´s a bathroom. In the front desk Anna will help you with everything you need, she is fantastic and the rest of the staff is also very nice.

The breakfast is in a caffeteria nearby and Giovanni has the best cappucino in Rome (seriously, if you like a very creamy cappucino this is the place), the whole family works here and they are great, the pastries are wonderfull (try all the cornetti flavors).

For what you pay it is totally worth it.

My husband and I loved it.

Ana and Fabio

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank claudiaS_oPaulo

Reviewed October 20, 2008

Located 12 mins away from the Train terminal, this was one of the 2 hotels we stayed at in Rome.
The rooms were clean, average in space, the beds were firm and there is access via a small lift that fits 2 person and 2 pieces of luggage exactly. Though located near the train station, it is on the quieter side of the terminal so both the neighbourhood and the scenery is more local (especially since a local university is a few mins walk away).
Breakfast is at Bar Jolly 3 mins walk around the corner from the hotel with a friendly Bar owner.
We would have returned to this hotel again when we came back to Rome for our flight out of Italy, if not for the fact that we were on a very early morning flight and we wanted to be very very near the terminal.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank loyloy
Reviewed October 2, 2008

We arrived in Rome around 9:30pm and did not find the hotel until 11pm due to the lack of clear directions from the hotel's website. We then called the hotel and the staff was incompetent and could not give us clear directions, such as a landmark (there is a gas station next door, which would have been helpful to know) nor did they let us know the hotel was across the street from the rest of the hotels and the building is unlit and has no sign with the hotel name. The actual hotel is in a residential building. There is a big courtyard upon entering the front gate and the hotel's front desk/office is in one building and our room was in a completely different building. The hotel room was sparse and basic, but clean, so an acceptable place to lay your head at night. The hotel is a short distance to the Termini Station, about 5 blocks. So once we were settled, it was a decent stay. Breakfast is around the corner at a cafe and consists of a coffee, juice and pastry.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jlfnyc
Reviewed July 18, 2008

The room is located a 5 minute walk from Termini station, and a 20-30 minute walk to the Coliseum/Forum. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a little sparse, but was large, clean, and had a private bath/shower with TV. The breakfast place was around the corner, but the owner there was quite friendly as well. Not the place to go for luxury accomodations, but, in my opinion, an exceptional deal for under 50 euros a night.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank RomanWG
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Serendipity is a wonderful hotel that is incredibly good value for money. Situated in a very handy location, approx 5 mins from Termini Station and short walking distance to many good cafes and restaurants. The hotel feels very secure, and the rooms were always kept pristine. Breakfast was good, with fresh local produce regularly brought in. Drinks facilities were not available in the rooms, but the attendant upon reception 24 hours a day was always willing to make us a drink free of charge upon request. The staff are always friendly and willing to lend a hand. Will be looking here again for my next holiday.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Whether you arrive from Ciampino(Terravisionbus) or Fiumicino (Leonardo Da Vinci express) airport- hotel is very easy to find. Out right from Termini- up via Marghera. At end you look right and see the big yellow building- very easy to find. Yes there is a main way to cross to get there- in Rome drivers do not know what these white lines are, so you just need to go and they have to stop. Thats the way in Roma.

Arriving through the gate turn left and you will find reception desk. I was greeted by smiling and very helpful staff - did feel very welcome at all times. The tv-thingy was a bit difficult for me to find out, staff came to my room and helped me. My room (301) was on the 3rd floor in the next building (big single or small double), clean, big bathroom, small showercabin, a tiny balcony with view to the yard. A good standard room for Roma. Aircon did work perfectly.

Notes on Serendipity:
1) There are few rooms next to the reception area (ground floor), the rest is situated in neigbour building on the 3rd floor.
2) Elevators are tiny (very common in European cities)- and you need to remember to close all doors in order for the next arriving guests to use it!!!! It is noted in the cabin it self in several languages.
3) The rooms does not have phones- so if you need help or need to contact the staff, you need to go down by elevator/stairs and find the reception.
4) Breakfast is not served at the residence itself- you need to go out and cross the busy street in order to get your coffee. I did not try it- so can not comment on standards.
5) When situated near a main trainstation you meet all kinds of people- a few homeless people etc. Would not consider this area as seedy. No worries.
6) as you probably know, Rome is incredibly expensive- if you need to buy water etc. Get out at Termini, turn right and you will find a SPAR-supermarket (Called DeSpar in Italy).
7)Termini Station- here you find many thing in food, newspapers, shopping and transportation to airports. Just in front of maindoors you will find busses, Metro and sightseeing coaches.

I do recommend The Serendipity Residence for its great location, decent rooms and rates. For a Huge city inwaded by tourists everyday- I think service was good and friendly.

Would you like the city- i have no idea, either you do or dont- but rome is Rome and you need to see it at least 1 time in your life:-)

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Aeronaut65
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at Serendipity. The room was very large for European standards and even had a terrace where I enjoyed my morning coffee. The overall condition of the room was about average and the staff were definitely a cut above in terms of friendliness and hospitality. The hotel is centrally located and accessible by foot in less than 10 minutes from the Termini train station. I left my luggage in the care of the person at reception on my final day and had no problems upon my return some 10 hours later. My only complaint would be the breakfast that was provided. It was a bit meager, but then again, I would never judge a budget hotel by its breakfast. For the price, I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a moderately priced convenient hotel in Rome.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo