Serendipity Residence
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbig buildingnear the train stationbudget hotelwould stay againfree wifiminute walkvialebuzzerensuitefridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2008

The room is located a 5 minute walk from Termini station, and a 20-30 minute walk to the Coliseum/Forum. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was a little sparse, but was large, clean, and had a private bath/shower with TV. The breakfast place was around the corner, but the owner there was quite friendly as well. Not the place to go for luxury accomodations, but, in my opinion, an exceptional deal for under 50 euros a night.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank RomanWG
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Serendipity is a wonderful hotel that is incredibly good value for money. Situated in a very handy location, approx 5 mins from Termini Station and short walking distance to many good cafes and restaurants. The hotel feels very secure, and the rooms were always kept pristine. Breakfast was good, with fresh local produce regularly brought in. Drinks facilities were not available in the rooms, but the attendant upon reception 24 hours a day was always willing to make us a drink free of charge upon request. The staff are always friendly and willing to lend a hand. Will be looking here again for my next holiday.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Whether you arrive from Ciampino(Terravisionbus) or Fiumicino (Leonardo Da Vinci express) airport- hotel is very easy to find. Out right from Termini- up via Marghera. At end you look right and see the big yellow building- very easy to find. Yes there is a main way to cross to get there- in Rome drivers do not know what these white lines are, so you just need to go and they have to stop. Thats the way in Roma.

Arriving through the gate turn left and you will find reception desk. I was greeted by smiling and very helpful staff - did feel very welcome at all times. The tv-thingy was a bit difficult for me to find out, staff came to my room and helped me. My room (301) was on the 3rd floor in the next building (big single or small double), clean, big bathroom, small showercabin, a tiny balcony with view to the yard. A good standard room for Roma. Aircon did work perfectly.

Notes on Serendipity:
1) There are few rooms next to the reception area (ground floor), the rest is situated in neigbour building on the 3rd floor.
2) Elevators are tiny (very common in European cities)- and you need to remember to close all doors in order for the next arriving guests to use it!!!! It is noted in the cabin it self in several languages.
3) The rooms does not have phones- so if you need help or need to contact the staff, you need to go down by elevator/stairs and find the reception.
4) Breakfast is not served at the residence itself- you need to go out and cross the busy street in order to get your coffee. I did not try it- so can not comment on standards.
5) When situated near a main trainstation you meet all kinds of people- a few homeless people etc. Would not consider this area as seedy. No worries.
6) as you probably know, Rome is incredibly expensive- if you need to buy water etc. Get out at Termini, turn right and you will find a SPAR-supermarket (Called DeSpar in Italy).
7)Termini Station- here you find many thing in food, newspapers, shopping and transportation to airports. Just in front of maindoors you will find busses, Metro and sightseeing coaches.

I do recommend The Serendipity Residence for its great location, decent rooms and rates. For a Huge city inwaded by tourists everyday- I think service was good and friendly.

Would you like the city- i have no idea, either you do or dont- but rome is Rome and you need to see it at least 1 time in your life:-)

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Aeronaut65
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at Serendipity. The room was very large for European standards and even had a terrace where I enjoyed my morning coffee. The overall condition of the room was about average and the staff were definitely a cut above in terms of friendliness and hospitality. The hotel is centrally located and accessible by foot in less than 10 minutes from the Termini train station. I left my luggage in the care of the person at reception on my final day and had no problems upon my return some 10 hours later. My only complaint would be the breakfast that was provided. It was a bit meager, but then again, I would never judge a budget hotel by its breakfast. For the price, I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a moderately priced convenient hotel in Rome.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank chaspat
Reviewed January 23, 2008

This was the worst part of our trip to Italy and is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The manager was friendly upon our arrival but after our meeting with him, everything went downhill from there. The room we were given was dirty and had nasty stains all over the sheets and bedspread from the previous occupants. There was no heat in our room and when we asked for someone to come fix it, the desk manager couldn't figure it out after over 30 minutes of trying. We then asked for additional blankets because it was freezing in our room and the hotel claimed they had none available and weren't able to help us. Beyond having a freezing room the hotel staff were unable to get our television to work and seemed overall incompetent. We asked for a discount on our room due to the lack of heat and the filthiness of the bed and surroundings and we were promised a discount from the manager Riccardo himself. We never received the discount, never received money back and were lied to. Upon returning home we found that we each had scabies from the bedding (bed bugs that crawl under your skin and lay eggs) and I had caught pneumonia from sleeping in the freezing room. DO NOT STAY at this hotel if you want to enjoy your time in Rome. It's a horrible dirty place and the manager is not true to his word.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple