Cherubini
Palazzo Naiadi(Rome)
$395
$381
  • Pool
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$133
$69
  • Free Internet
Barocco Hotel(Rome)
$382
$275
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my first trip to Rome to attend a conference an I decided to stay for the weekend. After my original reservation at another place fell through, I found this hotel upon searching for an affordable place to stay close to termini station.

I have to say I probably asked around 6 hotels before reaching their door. It was a busy weekend and everything was either booked or too expensive! I was tired of walking with my luggage in tow and a little worried that I wouldnt find a good place before dark.
However, the clerk at the desk, Eugenio, was amazing, after we negotiated the price, showed me my room and asked if everything was ok.

The next day, he gave me directions, tried to help me get my phone working (I had bought a WIND sim card that never worked) and was nice enough to let me store my luggage with them for the whole day to go sightseeing. His coworker Americo, when I returned for my luggage was just as nice and attentive and talked about the monuments I should visit.

This hotel is well kept and clean. While the hotel is small it is BIG on service, such a friendly atmosphere- something that larger hotels (grand fleming for one) I stayed in lacked. Thanks again Eugenio and Americo for making my short stay so pleasant. I will definitively visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2013

When I started reading the reviews, I had already paid for the reservations and I was pretty worried, I expected the worst...
Luckily, I was proven wrong. The hotel is very nice, it was clean & welcoming. We arrived there early in the morning though the room was available after 12, but they were nice enough to put us in the only available room, which had a double bed & a single one (for 3 persons, us being a couple). The next day, after breakfast, they moved us in a room with one double bed, as that was the type of room we actually booked.
The soundproof windows are very useful, the Termini area being very noisy.
We stayed for 3 nights, and they cleaned & replaced our sheets and towels daily.
Breakfast is between 7.30 and 10 am - they serve cereals, milk, tea, coffee, fruit juice, croissants, nutella, jam, cream cheese, toast, fruit salad.
The location of the hotel was the best choice we could make! Though very crowded and noisy, it is very close to Termini station (everything goes and leaves to/from Termini!), and 2 blocks away from Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore. Fast food & restaurants (Il Secchio Restaurant) near by, opened until late hours.
I gladly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Madalina A
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Close to train station was a plus, otherwise...the staff were rude, mold in 2 of our rooms that we rented. The guy at the front desk with the long curly hair laughed and stated that we were using a magnifying glass and asked if we "were the police." He laughed once more when I informed him that my son was severely allergic to mold. He also stated that the "mold was normal." He laughed yet again when we pointed out that the air conditioner was leaking on one of the beds. This hotel got trip advisor award I think in 2011. I'm sure at that time there was no mold and probably more hospitable and professional employees. Only one of the three rooms we booked was sufficient, which is probably why you see such conflicting/inconsistent reviews from other consumers on this site about that hotel. There is ONE room that is nice, the others are moldy. The mold was not only in the shower area, but growing on the walls above to toilet area. One of the bedrooms had 2 twin beds (when we booked a double bed) and we weren't even able to push these 2 beds together because of the bedframes (sideboards). We also had a footprint from a shoe on our bed sheet. We had to stay in other hotel next door and I disputed this hotel charge with my credit card company and I was refunded every penny! I have taken photos, please review.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lildago66
cherubini9550, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Cherubini, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Good morning,
waiting for his feedback, I'm Andrea, the owner of the hotel, the guy who has welcomed you in the morning, and I have answered the phone in the evening.
I am very sorry , I just wanted to tell you two things, the first is that siente entered the room at 11:00 in the morning and all the problems you have told me at 20:00.
When you called me I immediately said to you that the next morning we would have changed rooms, but you wanted to just go away.
Of course, after your bad experience we have restored the two rooms.
greetings

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Location of the hotel is excellent, Termini station is near (bus metro and train), center also. If you like to walk, all historical sites can be visited by foot. Stuff was very hospitable, we even get early breakfast because we needed to check out early. Room is very clean and big. Ratio price/quality of the hotel is very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for everything
it is nice to have clients that after they become friends.
I hope to see you soon

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The location of this hotel was very convenient, however I would not recommend staying at this hotel!! There are plenty of other hotels very close to this one and some even in the same building in which travelers can choose from!

There was a group of us, 7 people in all. We booked 3 rooms. Personally the room I rented with my boyfriend was very nice and clean, however the other two rooms my family members booked were not acceptable. The bathroom showers and walls above the toilet were covered in mold! My sister will leave her own review shortly with photos of the mold filled bathrooms. When my sister went to get the hotel staff, (the long, curly headed man) he took a look at both rooms and asked my nephew (who is allergic to mold) if he was looking through a microscope! It was CLEAR, even with poor eyesight, that the mold in his room was HORRIFIC above the toilet. Also, my nephew booked a room with a double bed and was placed in a room with 2 singles (which is usual for Italy and acceptable) but the problem with this was that you could not push the two singles together as the side boards stuck out too far. He ended up injuring his toe trying to push one bed to the other side of the room so he could sleep next to his girlfriend. The man (the curly long-haired man) was VERY rude and thought they were being ridiculous.

Onto my sister's room, where 3 people were booked: when she showed the attendant the mold in her bathroom shower he stated that it was NORMAL! When she explained that we stayed in 7 hotels so far during our vacation in Italy and Sicily and NONE of them had a speck of mold he just looked irritated and walked out of the room. My sister then spoke to the manager or owner (??) on the telephone, who refused any sort of compensation for either of the two rooms. My family had to get another hotel in the adjoining building and we (my boyfriend and I) were not able to stay in the same hotel, which made it very inconvenient for all of us.

Lastly, the internet did not work the ENTIRE time we were there (2 nights, 3 days). The people at the front desk, with the exception of the man with the short hair, were rude, including the woman that I believed to be the manager. Breakfast, was terrible.... On our last night at the hotel, the man at the front desk asked us to pay for our city tax before we even checked out! Also, the room was already charged to my sister's credit card before we even checked into the hotel! RUDE. This procedure was not customary at the other 7 hotels during our vacation. This place just couldn't wait to get their money! It's not a surprise that in the years 2011, 2012 and 2013, this hotel did not get a Trip Advisor award! They have gone DOWN HILL since they received the last award in 2010!

Room Tip: avoid this hotel all together!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Good morning,
as always thanks for the feedback,
we also needs to bad feedback to improve our service.
I've been waiting to answer you because I wanted to read the comment of his sister, of course you never left feddback on tripadvisor, I imagine that you have recorded only for my hotel.
The thing that I am very sorry is that even though his room was fine she had to write a bad feedback for his sister, so the bad feedback were 2 instead of 1.
His grandson was warned that would change him room the next morning, and he must not touch the beds, if you are hurt we could go to the hospital.
I am very sorry for everything
goodbye