Hotel Prati
    • Restaurant
    • Breakfast included
    • Restaurant
    View Hotel
    All reviewswifi works wellstar hotelcentro storicoyogurtrooms are smallminute walklocation is fantastichotel roomfront desk staffvaticanangelocabseuropeitalian
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed October 21, 2011

We spent 5 nights recently in the Hotel Prati . We thought the hotel was superbly located and we were able to walk to just about everywhere. Whilst our room was small it was comfortable and had all facilities we required. Breakfast was simply juice,coffee and pastries but was just right to start off the day. Staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful and made good recommendations for eating out. We had a good choice of restaurants close at hand and would recommend Taverna Angelica and L'eccellenza both of which were within a few minutes walk.
    Culture highlight of trip was visit to Ostia Antica the old port of Rome.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank InvernessFrancophile
    Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at this nice small hotel for 10 nights earlier this month and it was great! the location is a few minutes from Vatican City and conveniently close to other sites and a metro station. The rooms are avergae size by European standards and are spotless. We fund the staff to always be friandly and helpful. They gave us some good tips for some visits as well as helping us find retaurants if we asked.
    We really enjoyed the quiet residential surrounding although central location. There is a very nice wine bar next door that serves very good food and the area has a lot of restaurants and grocery stores as well as all services you would find in a residential neighbourhood.
    We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms that are located opposite the street side are quieter.
    • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank Bibielgato
    Reviewed October 1, 2011

This hotel is an ultra-quiet neighbourhood close to the Vatican. The room was clean and had a nice view of some nearby balconies. The check in was easy.The cost was suprisingly reasonable.

The hotel has a lot of statuary that give it a pleasant ambience. My room was microscopic but had a little foyer with steps down to a narrow bedroom and up to narrow, well-equipped bathroom.

It was sometimes friendly and sometimes infuriatingly brusque depending on which desk clerk was on duty. The only Internet connection is in the guest lobby. I quietly skyped my family from there and the clerk hissed at me to keep the "noise" down. A short while later he had a soccer game blasting at the desk. He at least had the grace to be embarassed for an instant when I pointed out the unfairness of his behaviour but I saw the same behaviour again and again here.The desk clerks sometimes left a lot to be desired in their attitude. During my brief stay,I witnessed other issues of concern that were handled poorly by the desk staff some of whom were shockingly disrepectful.

This hotel was a good value but the possibility of theft is probably a reality in many Roman venues. USE THE IN-ROOM SAFE! There is a very nice shopping district nearby on Via Cola di Rienzo. The metro is a short walk and keenwalkers can easily find their way to the main sights of classic Rome from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
    3  Thank JuliaUstinov
    Hotelprati, Owner at Hotel Prati, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

I am the owner of the Hotel Prati in Rome. I read the comments about my hotel and I thank Julia Ustinov for the positive words, but I am deeply offended by the accusations addressed to the staff; what she writes is complitely untrue, because my staff has never received complains, on the contrary, in all the reviews written by our guests, the staff of the hotel is considered: helpful, kind, resolving problems, giving good tips. She is the only person who describes them so badly, but she must consider that in our job sometimes there are some situations when the " fair play " of the desk clerks is put to a hard test by a few customers.
    Regarding internet, I confirm that during Mrs Ustinov stay, we had a problem with the wi-fi connection; so, to solve the problem, we gave her our personal password to allow her to use her laptop.
    Last thing: I don't think that she is right when she says that " the possibility of theft is probably a reality in many Roman venues " because this is a reality everywhere in the world, probably also in her country !
    Luigi Caporuscio ( the hotel's owner )

Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here and we weren;t disappointed. This is a fab wee hotel. Spotlessly clean, staff super friendly and helpful and delicious pastries for breakfast. Rooms are compact but who spends their days in hotels when there is so much in rome to explore? Great location too, quiet residential area (away from tourist throngs!) and yet easy walk 15mins to piazza navona and even quicker to vatican. Cannot recommend it highly enough, superb value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank amanda m
    Reviewed September 16, 2011

I booked this hotel for one night as needed somewhere cheap to stay before starting my tour of Italy.

I booked online and had no trouble when I checked in later at night about 9.30pm. I later read that the reception is 24 hours.

I travelled solo so booked a room for one person. the room was on the 4th floor but there is a tiny and mean tiny lift which you and your bag will just fit in.

The room was good and clean had everything I needed and wanted. Free wi fi which was good and the password to acess the wifi is in the little booklet of info about the hotel.

THere is a free breakfast in the breakfast room which you are welcome to take back to your room. I had a pastry but saw others having pastries, biscuits and coffee.

Check in and out very simple.

Would stay here again if my first choice was not available.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo