All reviewsterrace roomwalking distancestayed for one nighthistorical sitescroissantstea and coffeeexcellent locationmajor attractionsroma termini
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We have found this hotel to be very comfortable, cool, quiet, and spottless !!!! while maintaining style and botique ambiance - located perfectly for a travel visit !
close to the train station and an easy walk to most every corner of central rome.
staff excellent - without being over bearing.
rooms new and exactly as pictured - genourous bathrooms.
the bonus is the roof top breakfast terrace! linda and allan R

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank monalinda2010
Reviewed June 15, 2010

My sister and I just got back from staying at the Opera Hotel and it was everything we hoped it would be! We had an beautiful room and everyone there was so nice and helpful. We weren't too sure what to expect since we had never traveled abroad before but we are pretty easy to please, as long as it's clean, so we weren't too worried. Our room was kept very clean, breakfast was great up on the roof (or in your room if you prefer) and hotel really is in a great location with a 10 min walk to train station or 10-15 min to Trevi Fountain etc.... We haven't even been back a week and I miss Italy already! The people and sights were wonderful and what the trip is all about but our stay at The Opera just made our vacation completely perfect! Thank you to Valentina and Lucia expecially for all your help.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank maximummal
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My mom and I just returned from Rome where we stayed 10 days in May. The hotel is absolutely charming. It is in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the centre of Rome. Very close to the Termini Station. About 15 minutes away from Spanish Steps, Colloseum and Capitolini Hill. There is a fairly big grocery store just across the street open until 9 pm. Lots of restaurants and shops just steps away. Hotel is very small and pretty. Rooms quite big for a standard European hotel. Very high ceilings, beautiful bathroom with marble and modern amenities. Lots of hot water, no problems with water pressure, and very clean. Comfortable beds with high end bedding. There's free internet in the room and a mini fridge. One downside is lack of drawers and very small wardrobe space. If you're staying for more than a couple of days, you'll be keeping lots of stuff in your suitcase. The maid service is great and prompt. Very good insulation from the noise of the street.. When you close the window, you can't hear much of anything. Good ventilation system and air-conditioning. The staff is courteous, friendly and helpful. All speak sufficient English. Breakfast terrace is cozy, and very pretty with nice tablecloths, and china. Breakfast itself is simple but sufficient. The menu does not change much. There is toast, jams, honey, butter, fruits, several cereals, croissants, little dinner rolls, 3 types of cakes, cheese and ham and peach/apricot nectar for juice along with another type of juice. Of course there is tea and coffee. Coffee is ether "Americano" or any variety of espresso, capuccino, etc. There is a waitress serving your toast and coffee. The wait staff is wonderful as well. A special thanks goes to Giulia who is a great person and made our breakfasts so enjoyable. The hotel does have a lift (elevator). There are about 14 steps to go up when you enter, and you can get help with your luggage. They also offer a car service to/from airport if you ask. All in all it is a gem of a place and if you are looking for a quiet, cozy, clean, modern hotel with a personal touch - this is the one! I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kmilena
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Our anniversary trip to Rome was made al the more special by a stay in this wonderful hotel. The location was perfect- 10 minutes walk to the Trevi fountain, very close to the main train station. Also, directly across from the tourist information to buy travel cards, and on the main sightseeing bus route, so 5 minutes walk to get on the bus, and right back with the bus to the hotel. Theere are lots of shops close by, the Colliseum is only 15 minutes walk and even the Vatican is only 30 mins away. The room was beautiful, very clean, comfortable beds, great bathroom with bath for those sore feet. The room was cleaned spotlessly every day and the mini bar very reasonably priced and restocked. The Staff were very friendly and very helpful- organized taxis and offered restaurant reservations, and spoke very good English. The breakfast outside was wonderful, and its alo covered if the weather is not so good. All in all- when we go back to Rome- as we inevitably will, we will return to the Opera!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Opera hotel for a weekend this past fall. I was actually meeting my husband at this hotel and was able to take the train from FCO Airport to the Termini Railway Station, and was able to walk from there to the hotel. What a great cost savings. A cab is 40E (I think) from FCO to the Center of Rome and I did not want to spend that much, so I did some research with TripAdvisor and found out the train was possible and around 11E. Granted I did not have a large suitcase, so it was pretty easy for me.

It’s a cute little boutique hotel. The rooms were a decent size and a very chic look to it. I LOVED the shower! The shower had great water pressure for Europe. There was also a fridge in the room to keep my water and diet soda chilled. The front desk always had someone who spoke English which was a bonus. The location was great. The hotel sits on a major avenue and from this hotel my husband and I walked to every major site in Rome such as; The Vatican City, Coliseum, the Forum and the Trevi Fountain. The balcony on the roof was very nice to go eat breakfast in the morning. They had great fresh pastries. This was a great hotel to explore Rome!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple