All reviewsterrace roomwalking distancestayed for one nighthistorical sitescroissantstea and coffeeexcellent locationmajor attractionsroma termini
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Excellent Hotel, great staff, close to all amenities especially bus and railhead Hotel Opera Roma is one of the best hotels in Rome clean great rooms and hassle free. Highly recommended. Thank you very much for looking after us.

Room Tip: Central to all restaurants, Railhead and Buses
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Birdr1
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Stayed here for three nights. Lovely room, very clean and comfortable. Pretty good location as you can walk from the hotel to most sites in Rome. Via Nazionale was a little noisy but the windows did a good job of blocking out street noise. Breakfast on the roof was really nice and the service was great. Front desk personnel were very helpful and even gave us a cable for us to access the internet from our room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RockieReview
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We had a great stay in Rome. This is the second time I have stayed at the opera hotel and still find it to be the best value for money and location. The rooms are clean and new, the decor is contemporary and fresh and it is close to everything worth seeing. It was even central to some of the nightlife recommended by the locals. I couldn't believe some of the prices other hotels were charging for lesser quality and further distance.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarah81Cairo
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The pictures on the web do not really portray an accurate representation of the room we thought we would be reserving. Instead of what we saw on the hotel's website pictures, we arrived to a room that smelled musty, had significant mold in the shower, the built-in hairdryer's cord was frayed with split exposed wires, and no water glasses available. We could have used a candle which probably would have given us as much light in the main room as the installed lights and lamps provided. It was a joke. We immediately went back down to the desk after inspecting the room to inform the hotel attendant that we did not wish to stay at their hotel but were informed that per the hotel policy, if we cancelled without 48 hours notice, we would be charged for 2-night stay. There were no other rooms in the hotel available. We stayed for the 2 nights since they were already going to charge our credit card and then changed hotels. We booked this hotel based on the website pictures and travel advisory reviews. We took pictures and showed them to the hotel desk attendant. She did not appear to be too surprised by the pictures. I would never stay at this hotel again and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kbohnsack
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Our experience at The Opera Hotel was great -- from all standpoints.

My new wife and I just spent four days on our honeymoon at The Opera Hotel in September 2010, on the recommendation of close Roman friends. I speak good Italian and have traveled extensively in Italy, and have stayed in places ranging from fleabag hotels in Palermo to the Danieli in Venice. I also worked at a luxury hotel earlier in my career, so I know what standards are appropriate in nice hotels. The Opera Hotel does not charge expensive room rates, but its standards are definitely on the high end and it overachieves at pretty much everything. It is an exceptional value.

At The Opera Hotel, the rooms and common areas were impeccably clean; the service was pleasant, prompt and discreet; the rooms were generously sized and very pleasantly appointed. The hotel is located on the Via Nazionale, a well traveled street close to pretty much all of Rome's attractions -- but the hotel rooms have double-paned glass so the rooms were extremely quiet. (I refer to "rooms" because we stayed in two different rooms, due to my own bungled scheduling of our dates....we changed rooms on the final night, so we were both on the 4th floor initially, and then on the 3rd floor). We slept with no interruptions of any kind. The rooms are all air-conditioned, which can be a life-saver in Rome even into the fall, when the heat and humidity can be high (especially for Americans who are used to A/C and expect it).

The hotel could be described as a small, friendly, appealing boutique hotel -- with very attractive, modern, comfortable furnishings and ambiance.

One of my pet peeves in Italian hotels in years past has been maids banging around in the hallways in the morning hours, presumably trying to arouse travelers to vacate their rooms so that maids can do their cleaning service in the rooms. This was NOT the case at The Opera, which was quiet throughout our stay. In fact, the hotel only has a few rooms per floor, and although the hotel was fully booked (hence our need to change rooms), I rarely heard or saw anyone in the hallways at all.

The hotel serves breakfast on the 5th floor roof terrace, and this is a lovely place to start the day. There are cereal options, croissants, crostata di marmelata options, in addition to juice, coffee, tea and most anything else you would want in the morning.

I am trying to think of some shortcomings to mention here....I can think of none. Our stay at the Opera Hotel was a pleasure all-around, and I intend to stay there the next time I get to Rome.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple