TripAdvisor
Rome
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews croissants st peter's square minute walk home from home welcoming couple amazing holiday lovely break apartment block fantastic hosts short break beautiful city bus routes gave us a map fab location tourist sights shared kitchen love rome
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The location of the B & B is amazing. Only a 5 minute walk to St Peters Square & the Vatican. Alex the owner & her daughter Aurora were so lovely. Nothing was to much trouble. She helped from places to see to great places to eat. When ever I go back to Rome I will definitely be back to stay again.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Z9419XAsharong
Beside T, Direttore at B&B Beside The Vatican, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

thank you Sharon for your beautiful review,
it was a great pleasure to host you and I hope to see you next time you come to Rome.We missed you :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Alex the B&B owner of Besides The Vatican she went the extra mile. She was amazing and so helpful. Nothing was too much for Alex, as it was our first time in Rome we were unsure what to do and where Alex was there to guide us. I have recommended the place to my friends and work colleagues, please keep up the good work.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in this apartment in early July was ran well, close the most of the attractions, Alex and her daughter were always there to help and look after you, when you first pull up you may be unsure but once inside you will be surprised

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

All I can say is brilliant what a gorgeous place to stay so friendly so helpful and Alex goes extra mile to ensure you have a brilliant time love Rome love Alex would recommend to anyone A1 brilliant Alex guides you to best restaurants easiest way to see all attractions sits down with you with map and really takes time to show you best way to get round the bustling streets of Rome we will definitely be booking again

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank neillouhart
Beside T, Direttore at B&B Beside The Vatican, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2019

hello Neil,
thank you so much for your fantastic review, it was for me a great pleasure to host you .
You we so nice, perfect hosts, I hope to see you again next time you come to Rome I will keep for you the room with the private terrace ; )

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

From the outside the B&B doesn't look great so it's a good surprise when you walk in and see how nice it is.

Firstly, the location is amazing as your a 10 minute walk to the Vatican and 1 short bus ride to Campo di Furi which is a lovely market area. It's difficult to flag down cabs but to venture out a little your looking at up to €10 from the B&B.

Breakfast is your standard muesli, cereals, toast, croissants etc with tea and coffee, although the owner makes a great cappuccino if asked!

Our bedroom was a little small from what I usually get but there are bigger rooms available. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was clean and shower had good pressure. However, the shower only generates hot water if you use the fixed head and not the pipe so be wary if this. Also, the AC unit was leaking during our stay but didn't cause us any disruption as it still worked fine.

The owner Alex is very welcoming and extremely attentive if you do encounter any issues, have a word with her and she'll be glad to help.

Overall, I'm glad I stayed here as the 4&5 star hotels nearby don't have particularly good reviews. I'd definitely stay again

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank sandeepbansil
Beside T, Direttore at B&B Beside The Vatican, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

Hi Sandeep thank you for your lovely review, it was a great pleasure to meet you and it was for us a great pleasure to be compared to a 4/5 stars hotels, just to let you know that after your stay and your warning we call the air conditioning technician and now everything is fixed, I hope to see you next time you come to Rome .
Regards