Just came back from a 4 night stay, our flight landed at 8pm and we were going to get the train to Termini, then the metro to Flaminio (then another metro to Prima Porta) but ended up getting a ShuttleBus> approached by a guy in the airport saying 15 euros each to our hotel> was a bit dubious at first but turned out to be ok, though not sure if it was a real company or not. Paid another 10 euros as it was 15 km outside of Rome.Was lucky as may not have been able to get to the camp site otherwise!
Our bungalow was exactly what you need for a short break, bed, bathroom, tv and a heater/aircon system. Only english channel is CNN but dont really need to watch tv!
I would advise that if you want to go out in the evening, this isnt the place to stay, the last bus (run free by Happy Camping) is at 10.30pm from Prima Porta station, and the only way to get back is to get a taxi from Rome which is at least 40 euros.(There are no taxis at Prima Porta, they come out of rome)
If you just want to sightsee all day, then this is a great place, it takes 18minutes on the metro which is only a euro and is valid for 75 minutes so you can use it on the bus once you get into rome too!
The food in the restaurant was decent and not too expensive for pizza or pasta. Wine was nice and pretty cheap.
The staff in the restaurant were friendly as was the bus driver, didnt really see any of the others as didnt have any problems or anything.
The free shuttle bus runs regularly, 9, 10 & 11am to the station and 5, 7, 8 &10.30 pm back to the camp site.
We got to the station early a couple of times and there was a bus to pick us up outisde of these hours, which was great as would have had to wait about 2 hours otherwise. Dont expect this though, as we did arrive at Prima Porta at 5.15 once and had to wait until 7 to get picked up!
Overall, good place
Bad points: didnt have our bungalow cleaned for the duration of our stay
cant go out in the evening unless you return before 10.30
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Shuttle Bus from Happy Camping to the nearby Metro station of Prima Porta, which allows to reach the old city center (Piazzale Flaminio) in just 18 minutes. Completely new bungalow with or without bathroom with or without kitchen. All with small private garden. Swimming pool for adults with fully equipped solarium + supervised swimming pool for children (open from May to September). Bar with porch and T.V. room, market, pizzeria and panoramic restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, PitchUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Happy Village & Camping reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Happy Village And Camping
- Happy Village & Camping Hotel Rome