“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is in a great location - two blocks from the Spanish steps. Staff is excellent -- very accomodating and did a great job of selecting three dinner restaurants in the neighborhood that were very good and kid friendly. Breakfast buffet is done really well. My only critique of our room was there was not enough natural light (windows) -- but otherwise really nice. All in all, a very pleasant place to stay, especially if you like smaller/boutique hotels. Expensive, but it is Rome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ThomasJ206

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was one of the most amazing stays at a hotel EVER for me. I travel a lot and been to many very nice and expensive hotels all around the world. This one was so good that I had to create an account for the first time on Trip Advisor to share how much of a gem this hidden gem really is.

For starters every thing's first class with them. They are patient and very interested and willing to make your stay in Italy the best possible. My room, a studio deluxe, was very spacious, very clean and full of artwork.

The location is prime tourist but in the heart of rome this is a plus in my book as I had a limited amount of time to stay and wanted to see the most.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael Z
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Everything about the hotel is first class and I cannot find a single fault.
we went to rome to celebrate my wifes birthday and chose this hotel after scouring the internet for something special . we were not disappointed . when we arrived we were upgraded to a fantastic suite which is set out over 2 floors and has its own sauna ,exercise bike and dumbells ,not that the exercise was needed with all the walking to the wonderful areas of rome we did .on my wifes birthday a cake and bottle of champagne were delivered to our room FOC and every member of staff wished her a happy birthday when we saw them around the hotel .
if you want a small informal hotel with excellent service and 5 star accommodation look no further .
I would like to thank all the staff for making our stay very special and will see them next year for my big 50!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mark f
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

what a hotel, once I was here but now a lot had changed, I was pleasantly surprised to service more helpful and doing well in English, adequate price for the quality, my room is well decorated and more importantly clean, the food can be, and location is pretty good, all ok

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank oleczek1
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Every aspect of the place is gold. The location, design, service cannot be topped. From the moment we arrived and they welcomed my 8 year old step son by name to our room which was stocked with our favorite goodies to the restaurant they recommended for dinner, there was not an off-note during our all too short visit. Hot, hot, hot Rome was made so much better by having this cool oasis to come back to. Worth every penny and we cannot wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MissSlimskys
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Portrait Suites in July. The hotel is wonderful! The personalized service was outstanding! The room was simply beautiful with every amenity you could think of. The wonderful staff work so hard from serving breakfast on the roof top to the concierge arranging wonderful meals and anticipating our needs. Drinks on the roof were a wonderful addition both before and after dinner. I would not look anywhere else for my next trip to Rome as The Portrait Suites is my new happy place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Hanoer
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Been in this hotel for first time though I tried others in previous trips to Rome, I must say that this was a different experience with their personalized services and their pre-arrival form where you request all services and arrangements you need before your reach your hotel, It is amazing and we loved their services and very friendly staff. I do recommend that while in Rome, you need to choose this hotel to be in the real hospitality of a real accommodation,

Room Tip: Any room may feel the comfort of a real hotel