“chic”
Review of Portrait Roma

Portrait Roma
Ranked #2 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed August 16, 2013

what a hotel, once I was here but now a lot had changed, I was pleasantly surprised to service more helpful and doing well in English, adequate price for the quality, my room is well decorated and more importantly clean, the food can be, and location is pretty good, all ok

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank oleczek1

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Every aspect of the place is gold. The location, design, service cannot be topped. From the moment we arrived and they welcomed my 8 year old step son by name to our room which was stocked with our favorite goodies to the restaurant they recommended for dinner, there was not an off-note during our all too short visit. Hot, hot, hot Rome was made so much better by having this cool oasis to come back to. Worth every penny and we cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MissSlimskys
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Portrait Suites in July. The hotel is wonderful! The personalized service was outstanding! The room was simply beautiful with every amenity you could think of. The wonderful staff work so hard from serving breakfast on the roof top to the concierge arranging wonderful meals and anticipating our needs. Drinks on the roof were a wonderful addition both before and after dinner. I would not look anywhere else for my next trip to Rome as The Portrait Suites is my new happy place.

5  Thank Hanoer
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Been in this hotel for first time though I tried others in previous trips to Rome, I must say that this was a different experience with their personalized services and their pre-arrival form where you request all services and arrangements you need before your reach your hotel, It is amazing and we loved their services and very friendly staff. I do recommend that while in Rome, you need to choose this hotel to be in the real hospitality of a real accommodation,

Room Tip: Any room may feel the comfort of a real hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Abdullah62
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have stayed at Portrait Suites several times, and it has become our Rome hotel of choice because it is simply outstanding on so many levels. While I don't re-review properties on TripAdvisor unless there's a good reason to do so, there are several good reasons here. First, breakfast has been changed from a simple Continental bread basket to an opulent selection of anything you could want, both hot and cold selections. Second, our room was supplied with a simple but useful compact mini-gym weight set. Third, the hotel now enables you to select your pillow, linens, and other things, all listed on your room's iPad. All of these improvements reflect the hotel's responsiveness to its guests' concerns, as several reviews had noted the previously limited nature of the included breakfast and the lack of a gym. Portrait Suites clearly pays attention to its clients.

In addition, my husband loved being able to draw his own draught beer from the beer tap that has been added to the rooftop Honor Bar. Finally, while the staff advised us that they dine incognito at restaurants in order to make educated recommendations to the hotel's guests, we had to laugh one evening when we spotted not one but two staff members dining separately at the restaurant where they had directed us!

All in all, we are very impressed that Portrait Suites continues to strive to improve itself when, in our opinion, it has already achieved perfection.

8  Thank BrynMawrBK
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

since i'm here to Portrait Suites from the opening in 2006, i had few times where i could'nt find any word to express my feeling, here is one of those.

I's true, we improve the breakfast with a breathtaking roof top personalize buffet; it's true we custumize each single Suite following your preferences as pillows, sheets, fruits, minibar, music, breakfast and much more;
It's true the Lifestyle Team suggest each restaurant visiting each of them in "incognito", to better understand the guest needs, to book not just a restaurant but your restaurant, not just a table but the best table; It's true we have the " En Suite Training Program", that allow each of you to have weights and Yoga facilities directly in your Suite, without use any common areas. It's true we base our "En Suite"service working with the most professional personal trainers an massauses.
It's true we improved our roop top honour bar following yuor suggestions,as you being able to draw your own draught beer from the beer tap and organize a complimentary little appetizers roof top buffet just to get ready before dinner.

Finally, i wish to thank you for your review,for your time and for your kind words, we really appreciate it.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you once more all the Portrait Suites Team, they allow me to be proud of working with each of them, i perfectly know haw hard is to mantain high standards, smiling and provides the best customer care for each of our guests, you are great guys!!

Dear BrynMawrBK,

I know i will have another opportunity to thank you personally,

Gianluca Vallerotonda
Rooms Division Manager
g.vallerotonda@lungarnocollection.com

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The portrait suites certainly lives up to its reputation by fellow travellers...and some! My wife and I have spent the last 4 nights here and have been impressed by the service of all of the staff. The hotel is in a great location and so accessible to all the major sites making it easy to see all the history of the area and also finding time to do some shopping. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will be coming back to stay in the future. A fantastic experience with friendly, knowledgable staff.

Room Tip: 653. It has a balcony and allows you the option of sitting out in the morning and late afternoon enj...
3  Thank KevinLutton
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great location, great service, great style and a very comfortable bed. Staff was amazing.
Situated just "steps from the Spanish Steps - easy walking distance to great shops, restaurants and tourist attractions. I would recommend breakfast on the roof top terrace - a delightful way to start the day with an amazing view.
The only negatives I can think of - very slow internet connection and no work out room/gym.
Not cheap - but well worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KimberlyS707
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear KimberlyS707,

Thank you for choosing to stay to Portrait Suites and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

We will do our best to improve our Internet Speed Connection, i perfectly understand how the lack of internet connection is one of biggest stress for travellers and logging on to the internet helps our guest feel most at home in their Suite.
Communicating with family is the top way to de-stress when away from home.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any assistance you may need to became our repeater guest,

Gianluca Vallerotonda