“Perfect in every way”
Review of Portrait Roma

Portrait Roma
Ranked #2 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at Portrait Suites for 6 nights in March. I have never had such a wonderful hotel experience. For me, the hotel was a splurge, but I'm so happy I stayed there because it truly made my stay in Rome marvelous. It's a very small hotel tucked away on a side street by the Spanish Steps. My room was spacious, beautifully decorated and comfortable in every way. The hotel is impeccably maintained and has a feel of luxury and style.

The primary reason for my love of the hotel was the attentive and warm staff under Gianluca, the lovely manager. Francesca and Francesco especially went above and beyond and were just an absolute pleasure to talk to each day. Everyone offered perfect attention to detail, terrific restaurant recommendations, and special suggestions for stops along whatever route I was taking. Honestly, I've never experienced anything like it. I typically keep to myself while traveling, but had no desire to on this trip because everyone was so caring and friendly. This is a very special hotel with a very special staff.

The roof space and the balcony of my room were wonderful escapes. Rome can be very tiring but the outdoor space at the hotel was a sanctuary allowing me to escape the bustle of the city. Perfect for breakfast, a drink, reading - it certainly made my stay more restful and comfortable.

I cannot wait to return to Rome and at Portrait Suites.

Karen

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank knny
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Portrait Suites on TripAdvisor. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, and that the service is the best you have ever had. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Portrait Suites in the very near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future for any assistance you may need to became our repeater guest.

Gianluca vallerotonda

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were looking forward to stay at this hotel since I read a lot about it and now I can say that it was one of the best places where I stayed. I travel a lot for work reasons, though this time I was just having a holiday with my husband, and I can say that I've never seen a place with people so attentive to our needs and rooms so well decorated. The hotel is part of the Ferragamo group and you soon realise it once you walk in. You can see amazing pictures and references to Salvatore Ferragamo's life on the walls and even in the rooms. We had big expectations after all we read about this hotel and I can say that they completely met them and actually they went even beyond that. The hotel is in a very central position and is small and cozy with an amazing terrace on the top floor where we had breakfast in the morning. The room was very big and we were absolutely surprised to find an ipad in our room that we could use for the whole stay to browse the internet for free, check the email and also read all the information pamphlets about restaurant suggestions, tours, events and services that the concierge loaded in the device. I could even print our boarding passes with a wifi printer right from my iphone and we also found a sort of universal charger for the phone that works for all different devices (samsung, lg, sony, iphone, etc.). Amazing! If we will come to Rome again, this is where we'll stay!!

9  Thank Lana L
GianlucaVallerotonda, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you and your husband enjoyed our IPAD and the service you received from our lifestyle team.

We appreciate your loyalty to Portrait Suites and we certainly looking forward to welcoming you back .

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I just came back from a weekend in Rome and stayed at the Portrait suites in the Deluxe Studio. This is a quaint, discreet and personal hotel in a location which is the complete opposite, and it is that combination that instantly gives the Portrait Hotel a huge charm. Our room was beautifully designed, huge space with a separate sitting room and a large bathroom and a beautiful terrace overlooking Via Condotti, the shopping haven of Rome.
I'm sure anyone who is reading this review has already gone through some of the reviews for this hotel, and they are all spot on.
The service is excellent, the rooms beautiful, everything is extremely clean and the food is great.
The asset of this hotel however is the staff. They are attentive, efficient, intelligent and exude charm from the early morning greetings through to the late night farewell. I am struggling to think of a staff that have been this good. Anyway, by all means stay at this place, and book in advance as the small number of rooms might leave you disappointed.
We also came in February where the upstairs terrace, which is breathtaking, was not used to its potential.
Enjoy.
Wassim

9  Thank Il_Wass
Portrait_Suites, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Portrait Suites on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our Lifestyle Team, and that the service is the best you have ever had. I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at the Portrait Suites on the first week of February. It was an incredible experience and it really lived up to our expectations. This amazing boutique hotel is just a few meters away from the Spanish Steps. Rooms are big and stylish. The staff was always smiling, very attentive and helpful. We were also given a complimentary upgrade (thanks Gianluca!). The concierge service is simply what every hotel should aim to. Brekfast was excellent (thanks Alessia!)

7  Thank Robert D

Dear Guest,
we pride ourselves on creating a wonderful experience for our guests and we thank you for your feedback. I will make sure to share the great comments with Alessia and the entire lifestyle team. Upon availability we always extend to all our guests a complimentary early check in , we undestand how after a long flight is important to have the Suite ready to relax yourself before get ready to enjoy an amazing city like Rome.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Portrait Suites once again.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We had the privilege to enjoy a 4 nights stay at the Portrait Suites in Rome, this is the perfect place to stay: great staff, fantastic concierge (we asked them for restaurants, tours and transfers and the service was, first class), perfect location....very very nice interiors.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank jennifer h
Portrait_Suites, Rooms Division Manager at Portrait Roma, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Portrait Suites and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

g.vallerotonda@lungarnohotels.com

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Portrait Suits is our favourite hotel in Rome! This is a small boutique hotel just at the corner of Via Condotti and Via Bocca de Leone. It is about 100m from the Spanish Steps in the heart of shopping area. If you like small hotels of high quality with friendly service,this is for you! The rooms are spacious and stylish and very tastefully decorated. There is an amazing terrace on the rooftop in the hotel. The hotel does offer room service breakfast,which you can also have delivered to the rooftop terrace,which we did each morning. What a great wayvto start the day having breakfast on the terrace with fabulous views of Rome. The service at the hotel was excellent!!! Roberto,Fabio,Francesco were all there to take care of our every need!
Each time,when we are in Rome we stay at the Portrait Suites. We loved the hotel and recommend it highly!!!
Thanks again to all the staff for the warm welcome!!!
Dmitry and Galina Nazipov

• Stayed: January 2012
6  Thank Gala198002

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Nazipov,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed our roof top deck and the service you received from our Team.

We appreciate your loyalty to Portrait Suites and look forward to welcoming you back .

Hoping to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have been on Portrait Suites, and I strongly recomend this very unique and high level place.
I cant call it like a regular Hotel. You feel like at home, very large and great quality and decoration rooms, based on Ferragamo's Life. Very, Very special place, very well located, close of the most atractions, and the best place that I have been in Rome.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Sergio S

Dear Guest,

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.