“Elegance and comfort in Rome”

Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Ranked #7 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Elegance and comfort in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

If this is what you are looking for, then look no further. Stayed here for 2 nights with friends on the first leg of our Italian tour and we were not disappointed. It is a beautiful hotel with charming staff who are extremely friendly. It was a pleasure to step back into the serene calm of this hotel after a day's sightseeing in Rome. Rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable and the sitting rooms were beautifully furnished with antiques. We were invited to an early evening wine tasting to sample wines from the family estate which was a nice touch. It is an expensive hotel to stay in but if you are looking for the above then you will find it here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank gloria e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Bordon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place was as good as everything made it out to be. We went for seconds! And the people there were so nice and super friendly to us! I Hope to visit it again and again! Really I love it and i love it's services ! I advice every one to go there

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Giovane R
Mendham Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Returning after an extended Mayday weekend trip to Rome with my family. We decided to take bot the grandfathers on their first trip to Rome, and they loved every minute of it! Especially the stay at Villa Spalletti. From the moment we arrived through the discrete stately doors to the initial tour of the facilities we were left speechless. Villa Spalletti has a grandeur and splendor from a forgotten era. The tatseful neoclassical feel, coupled with the extremely beautiful Roman gardens leaves one speechless. We opted for the Garden Villa apartment for my immediate family (Wife and kids) and the grandfathers shared a twin room in the main building.
The location cant be beat. Trevi fountain a 10 minute walk and Venice square around 15 mins.
The staff are AMAZING! Taxis were ordered promplty for all excursions. Breakfast was delightful with a wide buffet variety and hot meals to order as required. Evening wine tasting also offered. This place has left a mark on my heart and head and I guarantee we will be back there! I can honestly state that this is in the top 3 hotels of all time that I have visited

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank Naruto7860
Northern New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I really don't want to repeat all of the previous accolades attributed to this beautiful property, I just want to say that I have traveled extensively and stayed in some magnificent hotels, but I found the Villa to be a truly unique experience. We were fortunate to be able to spend 4 nights here in April, leaving 2 days before Easter. The furnishings, artwork and all other decor is nothing less than exquisite. We enjoyed a complimentary cocktail every night before going out to dinner and an after dinner drink before going up to bed. We rarely even saw other guests and were made to feel that this was our home for 4 nights. Our room was so comfortable and the bathroom was fantastic! We may be building a new house soon, and I took numerous pictures in order to remember all the wonderful features I may want to incorporate into my new house. I think this is one of the finest places I have ever stayed and although I have been to Rome twice now, and have seen all of the tourist sights, I would happily return again just to stay at Villa Spalletti Trivelli.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank susieQ49
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend and it was perfect. Usually we stay in hotels which have more of a contemporary twist, but we loved the magnificance of this beautiful former home. We actually saw the owner from afar having a drink in what I think used to be a study. It had a homely feel despite the grandeur as guests are free to walk through and relax on sofas in all the rooms on the ground floor, with complimentary evening drinks. The breakfast was great - relaxed buffet style, and there was no problem allowing us a later check out until 2pm on or final day which was really helpful. There is also a spa and turkish bath which is complimentary in the early evening - so take your cossie!

4 Thank Jane E
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Believe all of the 5-star reviews written for this outstanding property! It truly is magnificent in every regard. We stayed for a full week, and if there were any chinks in the armor I am sure we would have seen something during such a long stay. But from beginning to end our stay there was outstanding, with every detail absolutely first class, drop-dead elegant, and thoroughly gracious. I think you can book the lowest level (cheapest) room and still be happy because you have the whole rest of the villa and gorgeous outside grounds to spread out in. Because we were there a week, we splashed out on a suite, and these are absolutely beautiful, especially the one with fireplace. Although quite expensive, if you are a member of Small Luxury Hotels, you may be able to get your room at a significant savings thanks to their (not infrequent) discounts and flash sales. It is worth it to check that out.

There are 3 large public rooms, 2 of which have fireplaces, and they were lit every day by 5:00 while we were there, adding to the ambiance of taking a drink from the (FREE!) bar, along with some light snacks (all premium quality). This will quell your appetite since most Romans eat around 9:00 or so. And if you just want to hole up in your room, you are supplied with a great choice of premium alcohols and soft drinks in your mini-bar (all inclusive), along with the same snacks, and these are refreshed each day.

The breakfast - served until 11 which is great for vacation mode if you want to sleep late - was truly fabulous, with the highest quality AND quantity of choices you can imagine; as an example, there must be 10 different kinds of jams to accompany a wonderful selection of freshly baked pastries, breads, croissants, etc., and the cheese selection all by itself is better than many cheese courses in top restaurants! In addition to the opulent buffet you can also order a variety of eggs and pancakes made-to-order. In the course of the week the items on the buffet changed, so we never got tired of the spread, which can happen in other hotels which never seem to rotate or vary their offerings.

I was a little unclear about the location, not knowing Rome, but after spending a week there and doing a lot of what Rome offers, I truly think there is none better. The neighborhood is REALLY quiet, and no matter what room you are in you will have a quiet sleep, something not to take for granted in Rome. When we walked by a lot of those more famous hotels, on their busy avenues, I wondered how a quiet night's sleep would be possible there. On top of it, the windows of the villa's rooms have enormous heavy wooden shutters that close (done for you at turn-down) which effectively creates a totally dark and soundproof environment. Although the villa is on a quiet street, with very little traffic, it is just a block from the President's Palace in one direction (with stairs down to the lower section that takes you to the Trevi Fountain in 5 minutes or so), and just a block in the other direction to the busy Avenue Nazionale. The Monti neighborhood should be explored as well for its lovely little boutique shops. We didn't take one taxi while there, as we found it walkable to everything we wanted to see, including the Vatican. And walking is how you discover the hidden charms of Rome!

If you enjoy the hustle-bustle/activity/liveliness of a larger hotel,this is NOT the place for you. This villa really is more like staying in a B and B, although it of course is larger with more public spaces than most B and Bs. There can be a kind of hush in the dining room while you take your breakfast, it not being a particularly large space, and on at least one of the mornings (at the weekend) guests had to wait for a table to be vacated. However, once warm weather arrives and you can take your breakfast out to the beautiful covered terrace, both of these won't be an issue. It was too cold when we were there. But should you have to wait, just take one of the papers available each day (including New York Times, and Financial Times) into the adjacent living room for what will not be more than a few minutes. You will probably have the public rooms to yourself no matter what time of day you enjoy them. The only time we saw other guests in any of the public rooms was during the Friday wine tasting, which is a truly lovely event. They serve very elegant appetizers and have several wines from their estate on offer; it seemed everyone staying at the villa showed up for that!

Our week in Rome was made all the more special as a result of the experience of staying in the Villa Spalletti. It is among my favorite hotels of all time. If you love the elegance of the period this villa represents (with its authentic furnishings and beautiful antiques and enormous ceilings!) and enjoy the highest level of luxury accommodations and amenities this is the hotel for you.

6 Thank Zorro_and_Gatinha
mgr68, Direttore at Villa Spalletti Trivelli, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor .
We are very pleased that you enjoyed the concept and the atmosphere at the Villa which is a true alternative to the "hospitality industry philosophy".
Villa Spalletti Trivelli keeps the intimate feel of a private home offering a kind of service which is not the usual one you would find in a hotel : our staff is very accommodating yet professional with a non -intrusive attitude which is an added value for most people. Thank you for highlighting the location , for the nice words about our breakfast , for the gorgeous description of our rooms and common areas.. what to say on top of your fully detailed feature ? Our commitment for the future is providing a memorable experience of the true "soul" of Italian hospitality tradition.
We take advantage of saying "thank you " to all reviewers who wrote about the Villa explaining their ideas , posting their personal feedback .

Very warm regards
The Management
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in March for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were met and greeted by the friendliest, and yet most discrete staff, who spirited our bags away from the taxi to our room, served us Prosecco in the garden, and showed us around their beautiful hotel. We were made to feel like valued friends, and told to think of the Villa as our home for the next three nights.

We were treated to an evening of wine tasting, and had a lovely time with the manager, the owner's grand daughter, and other guests.

Breakfasts were abundant, tasty and fresh, with lots of options for freshly made coffees and fresh cooked breakfasts if required, as well as the huge selection of cereals, meets, cheeses and pastries. I think I ate my weight in parma ham.

To be told that the drinks in the mini bar and in the main salon are all part of the price is typical of the generous approach to the guests. It's probably pricey - I didn't check as it was part of a package - but by a long way; the finest hotel I've stayed in.

The emphasis was on professionalism, friendliness and kindness, which I have never encountered in such abundance at a hotel - my thanks to Franco and the other staff members.

Room Tip: Beautiful room Trevi - overlooking rear garden on first floor