We stayed in Villa Spalletti Trivelli for four nights recently and are a slightly perplexed by the place. There is no doubt that it is a very beautiful hotel. The common areas are decorated with real style and gorgeous furniture. However, as a whole, the place just does not work.
There are twelve rooms in the hotel, so naturally it has a quieter, more intimate feel than other hotels. However, this does not translate into a more personalised experience. There always seemed to be different faces at reception, without anyone knowing you were a guest.
I have to agree with another reviewer who says that there is a sense throughout that you are an unwelcome guest in a stately home of someone you don't know.
I do not want to be overly critical, as there are a lot of positives - excellent breakfast, nice room (although nothing as impressive as the common areas) and perfect bathroom. The issue is perhaps best exemplified by the "turkish bath". On our last day, we wandered down to the turkish bath, which is in the basement of the property. The entire basement has been renovated to an extremely high standard to fit it with a smal gym, relaxation room, changing rooms and turkish bath. However, when we arrived, there was no body to meet us, nobody at reception and no body to tell us where to go and where not to go. We eventually worked our way through the warren of rooms, had a quick sauna (i.e. "turkish bath") and left - feeling like we were imposing throughout.
We have stayed in a number of expensive 5* hotels. We generally look for boutique hotels, with character, as opposed to huge chains with hundreds of rooms. We really wanted to love Hotel Villa Spalletti, but we just didn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The urban Villa of the Spalletti Trivelli Counts rediscovers its vocation as host of business and leisure travelers, connoisseurs of art and wellbeing. In the heart of Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is unique among the historic residences: a splendid Italian garden, elegant and refined environments furnished with genuine antiques, exclusive energy bar, sumptuous rooms with every comfort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Spalletti Trivelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome