“Make this hotel your stay in Rome”

Villa Spalletti Trivelli
Ranked #15 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 12, 2013

After a week in Tuscany and weary from traveling and family wedding festivities, we couldn't have landed at a more perfect hotel in Rome.

Ideally situated on a quiet, tree lined side street, it almost feels like we stumbled on a hidden hotel. Ring the front bell and you enter into a beautiful receiving area. The hotel (I am sorry that we didn't read on any of the history of the building) has the most beautiful and graceful staircases. We felt like we were welcomed into the home of an old friend. The staff was so friendly and courteous. Would you like a drink outside? Let us turn on some music for you. Need a restaurant recommendation or a tour, we have that covered (Yes, I realize all hotels offer these services but not with the personal attention that the staff exudes). There are three large (laaaarge) sitting areas to choose from to either have a cocktail from the complimentary cocktail bar or to read the paper. It is not often that The Economist is offered in the public spaces as well as the room. The outdoor garden area is so peaceful and beautiful, like a little private oasis in the middle of the city.

Our bedroom was perfect. We had a corner room (No.4) that has two large windows for added light. It was a large, well appointed room as was the marble bathroom. The interior design aspects worked in perfect harmony between the historical (and I am guessing original) 12 ft (I think) interior window shutters and yet the feel in the room of something more modern and sleek.

An easy walk to everything - the Victor Emmanuel, the Spanish Steps and Colosseum. The hotel made reservations for us at Nino's (delicious) right by the Spanish Steps and it was a leisurely 15 minute walk.

They offer a delightful breakfast with buffet and egg and pancake options. The buffalo mozzarella offered is worth the trip for breakfast if nothing else.

This is a quiet and sophisticated hotel and we cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Rome and cannot wait to return. Please spoil yourself and stay here. Though, one night (for us) was not nearly enough time.

Room Tip: Our corner room had the two windows which was nice, however, I suspect every room has its each indiv...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KHootch
There are newer reviews for Villa Spalletti Trivelli

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I traveled from Venice to Florence to Tuscany to Umbria to celebrate my 40th birthday. I stayed in 5 star places along the entire journey and my final destination was Roma for 4 days which coincided with my birthday. Friends and family joined me and I cannot picture a better place to usher in this new era of my life. The attention to detail in this quaint, gorgeous hotel was unbelievable - everything is first class with all of the amenities of modern day. As you journey through Roma you feel the old world charm and when you return to Villa Spalletti you feel like you are staying with Aristocratic friends. I was welcomed in their gorgeous gardens with a glass of Prosecco and that was only the beginning of perfection. Everything is included - the mini-bar, the breakfasts and the bar in the beautiful main room always full of cold prosecco that you can enjoy in the gardens before you go out to have a taste of Italy. On my birthday - the staff made me a delicious and beautiful cake. We didn't tell them i was my birthday - they pulled it off my passport when I arrived...this is the attention to detail that comes from start to finish. It isn't inexpensive but if you want to splurge and do Roma right...Villa Spalletti is what's right. Try the poached eggs with bacon and a cappuccino to start your day in the gardens to get your wheels turning to explore Roma. I will be back to Roma for it's beauty, it's art, it's culture, it's food and wine and I will have no choice but to stay at Villa Spalletti again. There is no place quite like it....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed September 8, 2013

You tend to splurge on a weekend trip, yet prefer a certain understatement? You just found your place: A very nice villa at central location with only a dozen of rooms! Enjoy the garden or indoor seating areas to unwind after exploring the city - By the way, both minibar and aperitivo are complimentary.
While for us everything was perfect, beware, this is not a typical 5* hotel: no restaurant, no concierge desk (but very helpful and friendly staff nevertheless), access to the public is limited (if possible, at all), thus if you fancy "See and be seen" then better stick to the usual brands.
As for me, after experimenting with other hotels on my past trips to Rome, I definitely found the place I'll return to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aferret
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stunning building and volumes, wonderful attention to detail (best bed and sheets ever I think, REN toiletries, embroidered towels and cloths, beautiful buffet breakfast display, charming staff..). Room decor is understated but plush and charming with huge antique maps on walls, lush fabrics. Not a sound, great wifi, beautiful garden for breakfast, and just ultimate good taste. It felt like being in a grand and warm family home. I loved every single thing about it. Location ideal too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alice L
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This magnificent house turned hotel is stupendous. Everything was included. Everything was immaculate. The staff were so friendly. The rooms were sumptuous. Breakfast was included, including the best bacon I have had for years. Cannot praise it highly enough. Such luxury comes at a price

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank BargaTim
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Villa Spalletti Trivelli is such a beautiful place! The outside of the hotel is very deceiving, but once the huge double doors open you are immediately transformed into old world luxury.

The hotel was originally a home and photographs of those that lived there along with their artwork can be seen in the library and sitting room. The furniture is old world style.

If memory serves me there are only 16 rooms in the hotel so you have a feeling of almost being the only guest unless its at breakfast, where they serve fresh baked goods, jams, jellies, meats and cheese. If you prefer you can have everything served to you outside in their garden.

The garden was my favorite every afternoon when I would request a cup of coffee and it would promptly be brought to me along with a plate of various cookies. Although the hotel is in the middle of town, the garden, surrounded by a very tall wall of immaculately manicured hedge, you hear nothing but the sound of the small fountain.

A walk down one of the main streets of Rome is only a block away. The hotel is also about a block from the Quirinale Presidential Palace. Across the street is a nice park to sit and enjoy.

The service is wonderful and everyone very pleasant and eager to assist you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LindaG2
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in the centre, close to everything which you would need, and the rooms, service and atmosphere are wonderful. We stayed as a family for a special family celebration, across three generations, and everyone had a fantastic time. They arranged a trip to the Vatican, and this was excellent. The rooms are beautifully set out, clean and peaceful, even though you are in the centre of Rome. The hotel recommended and arranged a number of restaurant bookings, and we loved them all. I used the gym and sauna area, and these are excellent. Thank you for a memorable and wonderful trip to Rome!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family