After a week in Tuscany and weary from traveling and family wedding festivities, we couldn't have landed at a more perfect hotel in Rome.
Ideally situated on a quiet, tree lined side street, it almost feels like we stumbled on a hidden hotel. Ring the front bell and you enter into a beautiful receiving area. The hotel (I am sorry that we didn't read on any of the history of the building) has the most beautiful and graceful staircases. We felt like we were welcomed into the home of an old friend. The staff was so friendly and courteous. Would you like a drink outside? Let us turn on some music for you. Need a restaurant recommendation or a tour, we have that covered (Yes, I realize all hotels offer these services but not with the personal attention that the staff exudes). There are three large (laaaarge) sitting areas to choose from to either have a cocktail from the complimentary cocktail bar or to read the paper. It is not often that The Economist is offered in the public spaces as well as the room. The outdoor garden area is so peaceful and beautiful, like a little private oasis in the middle of the city.
Our bedroom was perfect. We had a corner room (No.4) that has two large windows for added light. It was a large, well appointed room as was the marble bathroom. The interior design aspects worked in perfect harmony between the historical (and I am guessing original) 12 ft (I think) interior window shutters and yet the feel in the room of something more modern and sleek.
An easy walk to everything - the Victor Emmanuel, the Spanish Steps and Colosseum. The hotel made reservations for us at Nino's (delicious) right by the Spanish Steps and it was a leisurely 15 minute walk.
They offer a delightful breakfast with buffet and egg and pancake options. The buffalo mozzarella offered is worth the trip for breakfast if nothing else.
This is a quiet and sophisticated hotel and we cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Rome and cannot wait to return. Please spoil yourself and stay here. Though, one night (for us) was not nearly enough time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The urban Villa of the Spalletti Trivelli Counts rediscovers its vocation as host of business and leisure travelers, connoisseurs of art and wellbeing. In the heart of Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is unique among the historic residences: a splendid Italian garden, elegant and refined environments furnished with genuine antiques, exclusive energy bar, sumptuous rooms with every comfort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Spalletti Trivelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome