The review written by westvillagetraveler has it spot on: I can add that with only 12 rooms and a five night stay, my daughter and I were surprised that our name was never used once to address us! Mind you, I never knew the names of the staff: no one had on any identification and there always seemed to be another young attractive woman busy behind a computer. Important point: the 'welcoming letter' found in our room sounded great but the staff has no idea how to engage with guests. We requested their restaurant suggestions for two nights - each of which were less than remarkable - one awful - very disheartening. We asked the staff to request reservations for three other Roman restaurants that our Italian chef friend in NYC had recommended. We were told by staff that those three restaurants were 'not on the hotel's list' but we still requested they reserve us a table at each. Those three experiences were fabulous and we shared this information with the hotel staff who were hesitant to accept our enthusiastic endorsement. The 'honor bar' seemed odd: only a sparkling wine, never any red or white wine but plenty of liquor, if that's your preference. The physical plant is unique; lovely, historical villa whose public rooms could be a museum. Our room was spacious and beautifully appointed; the external and internal shutters kept the street noises at bay. High heels in the room above kept us apprised of our neighbor's early departure one morning. We felt this property an oasis in a great location but we made it that, despite the indifferent staff. And maybe we just needed to snap our fingers more often...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The urban Villa of the Spalletti Trivelli Counts rediscovers its vocation as host of business and leisure travelers, connoisseurs of art and wellbeing. In the heart of Rome, Villa Spalletti Trivelli is unique among the historic residences: a splendid Italian garden, elegant and refined environments furnished with genuine antiques, exclusive energy bar, sumptuous rooms with every comfort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Spalletti Trivelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Rome
- Spalletti Trivelli Hotel Rome