“Only problem was the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Diocleziano

Hotel Diocleziano
Ranked #49 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Philadelphia PA
“Only problem was the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for three nights, 27 to 30 April 2012. I selected the hotel through Tripadvisor and by Google mapping the Termini Station neighborhood. Since I was taking the train, the Hotel location is excellent. It is literally only about 15 minutes from the train platform to the front desk if you've done your Google homework. The Via Gaeta is an amazingly quiet street in this very noisy city. Our room was on the fourth floor front and even with the windows open there was very little noise. The location is also interesting because it is very close to the Baths of Diocletian ruins, a lovely archeology museum and the Mary and All Angels Basilica. The restaurants in the neighborhood did not strike me as particularly appealing, but that's just me, probably. the room was average size with a high cieling and a large double bed wich was a little too firm for my friend but fine for me. There was adequate closet space and a safe in the closet suitable for laptops, cameras, etc. there was a free minibar with a small selection of softdrinks and water. There was a circular corner shower just big enough for one adult, but it was fine and water did not escape out onto the floor if you were careful. The sink had ample space for two persons' toilet items. Towels were large and absorbent and there were ample linens. the room was very clean, attractive and well maintained. We did not choose a rate that included breakfast as my friend usually sleeps in beyond the breakfast hours, but I purchased the breakfast buffet, (12 euros/person) each of the three mornings. there is a large breakfast room and your average buffet fare was offered. The food was certainly adequate, but nothing special. There is free wifi in the hotel with reception more reliable in the public areas than it was in our room. There are three PCs available for guests in the lobby area. they were always available and worked fine. For some reason the hotel has just added a small gym and a small sauna. They both struck me as under utilized and oddly located right off the lobby, maybe a waste of space and money. I reserved the room on-line so I must have known what the cost was, and I realize hotels in Rome are expensive but this room cost 197 euros Friday night, 260 euros saturday night and 188 euros Sunday night for a whopping 645 euros or about 850 US dollars. Then there were the three breakfasts and 15 euro room tax so the bill was over 900 dolars for three nights. After all was said and done it struck me as pretty expensive for what was offered, but this is a clean, quiet, comfortable hotel with pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Even rooms on the street were pretty quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank haddy0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
HORSHAM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

The service and staff were faultless - the warm welcome provided was certainly a very good start to our short stay in Rome. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything for a comfortable stay and were helpful with suggestions on sightseeing and tours.

Breakfast was excellent and very attentive service given.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 30CHERYL30
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel was located about 10 minutes from Termini station so very handy for the Metro etc. The breakfast was good, great coffee, freshly squeezed juice and lovely staff. Good size bedroom and large bathroom. Mini bar topped up with free water daily. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lindagood12
Yorkshire England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Previous reviews are accurate. A lovely boutique hotel on a quiet street close to Termini railway station. Perfectly clean hotel with helpful staff. We had a budget room which was very small but quite adequate and everything worked properly. However, I would not recommend the hotel if you are used to a soft bed, as the mattress was very firm indeed and the pillows rather lumpy. This produced a poor sleeping experience for me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bunnio
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

When coming to Rome I had to choose a hotel in the vicinity of Termini station for work purposes. I was offered a dew hotels by my agent but chose to go with my gut (and trip advisor) feeling and choose this hotel. This choice ended up exceeding all my expectations!

I arrived at the hotel which is very conveniently located next to Termini station (hopping distance) and a nice 30 min. walk to Piaza Venezia. My room was not ready but I was checked in and my luggage left there.

Upon my return I found a beautiful and huge room awaiting me. The bed could fit three people, there was a jacoozi in the bathroom, the drinks at the minibar were free of charge and there was free wifi in the room. I don't think you can expect anything better.

The breakfast was good and fresh (lacking a bit on the variety side) and there was coffee and tea in the room. A gym was ready for use and was small but useful for my needs (especially since I was there on my own every time).

The staff were very friendly and helpful and on the first day it was convenient that my suitcase was waiting for me in the room when I arrived.

I warmly recommend this hotel to everyone traveling to Rome!

Room Tip: The rooms facing to the back of the hotel might be a tad quieter than those facing the front.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank uri_fi
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here for four nights and have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. It is so close to the buses, trains, and metro...so very easy to get around the city. The hotel is located on a nice side street with less noise so sleeping at night was not disturbed. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was adequate. I would recommend staying here for your trio to Rome!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela R
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My family and I stayed here for several nights and couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel. Good location on a quiet street near Termini and the subway. Staff was very helpful with directions, recommendations, and even handles currency exchange at a competitive rate. Room was very comfortable and the daily refreshing of soft drinks in the mini fridge was a nice touch. We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family