“Great Hotel, Great Location”

The Inn At The Roman Forum
Ranked #12 of 1,259 Hotels in Rome
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I just had a great stay here (4 nights) to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It is in the heart of scenic Rome with easy walk to most sites. Very quaint and built on top of actual ruins that you can visit. The staff was very polite, professional and helpful and all spoke excellent English. The breakfast was the best we had on our Italy vacation and they have a charming rooftop balcony/patio to enjoy it on. Also, evening happy hour with nice snacks is an added treat. The rooms are clean and well maintained and ours was surprisingly large for European hotel rooms. We highly recommend this hotel when in Rome!

Room Tip: Noise from cars going down the nearby cobblestone streets can be an issue in Spring when you leave t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Brian L
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having posted your nice review on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to know that you love our Breakfast and our Staff, I will share your review with them.

Therefore I hope to see you and your wife again very soon in our Inn.
Remaining at your complete disposal for any request you may have.

Best wishes,
Silvia Catalano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a lovely little hotel ideally situated close to the centre of classical Rome in an area of narrow cobbled streets, a ten minutes walk from the Coliseum and the Forum. The hotel is actually built on top of Roman foundations and these can be viewed on request through a door near the reception area. Our deluxe room was large and furnished in a traditional style. The window opened on to a small inner courtyard /staircase but as this was quite dark there was no view. Facilities for making tea and coffee were available in the room (this is not always the case in Italy) though not replenished during our four day stay. Wifi is available in the rooms but at a relatively expensive add-on cost. For us the highlight of this hotel was breakfast! It is served on the rooftop terrace with the option of tables inside or outside. From the terrace there are views over the rooftops towards the Coliseum , quite magical in the cool of a springtime morning. The quality of the buffet breakfast was excellent, with a much wider variety of fresh food than one would expect from a “continental” breakfast. The hotel also promotes its “free” end of day snack buffet on the terrace, this was less extensive than breakfast and is only free if you buy a drink - at the relatively high hotel prices. The staff and service at breakfast were excellent, the reception staff less consistently so.
Overall I would recommend this hotel. It has character, it is conveniently situated, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfasts are great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor travelers concerning your recent stay in our property.

We are happy to hear that you love our breakfast, and our Terrace, I will share your review with all the Breakfast Staff.

Hoping to welcome you again in the future, feel free to contact me again for any further assistance.

With my best regards,
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We just come back from this wonderful and magic Hotel. Honestly everything has been super. The Breakfast was so good, and our Deluxe Room was clean and perfect every day. Than how describe the amazing ruins just behind the Front Desk. Silvia explained us the history of this original Roman Cryptoporticus, is truly unbelievable to find something so incredible and precious into an Hotel. The Staff was very professional and smart they were ready to all our questions and requests. The Aperitivo at 5 pm in the terrace was perfect at the end of a long day walking around Rome. I hope to have the opportunity to come back in Rome again very soon to stay there.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank britaneil70
Dear Guest,

First of all I thank you once again for choosing The Inn at the Roman Forum for your recent stay in Rome.

We are glad to know that your stay with us has been so nice. We are very proud of our Roman Cryptoporticus, is a pleasure for us to explain to each Guests his history.

Thank you for your words regarding our Staff, we try to do always our best.

Waiting for your next stay with us.
With regards,
Haverford, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed at the Forum with my daughter over spring break. They were wonderful about the planning by email beforehand. THey put us in a lovely room at the top of the hotel. We loved the location and the afternoon snack service. It was the perfect home base for all our adventures. I loved how the rooms were decorated and the bathrooms were great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words, and for taking the time to post your review on our property on Tripadvisor.

Our only purpose is to make our Guests' stay pleasant and memorable.

Looking forward to your next stay at The Inn at the Roman Forum.
With my warmest regards,
Grabs
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Great location, very good service, deliciouse beakfast above the roofs of rome. Ancient roman building behind Trajans Markets. Many restaurants close by and close to touristic sites.
Very quite area , WiFi service could be improved like everywerei in Rome

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank DXT0
Dear Guest,

First of all I thank you for taking the time to express your positive feedback regarding our property.

We are always very happy to know that our Guests have a pleasant stay at our Inn.
I apologize regarding the problems occurred with the Wifi connection, we are improving the service.

Hoping to welcome you again for your next stay in Rome.
Regards,
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed in this wonderful Inn in March as it was our Wedding Anniversary. We could not be more surprise about this location. Just a few minutes to all the main city attractions, but in a lovely and quiet street just behind the Roman Forum. They give us a Complimentary upgrade to a beautiful Junior Suite, very spacious and comfortable. It was very clean, bathroom with bath and shower separate, perfect for us. Breakfast quiet good served in the Terrace that honestly is amazing.
Silvia and all the Staff (Sylvia, Glen..) have been the fantastic, anytime for everything! They help us during our stay booking Restaurants and Tours, always with a smile. And is not all.. My wife lost her Iphone in the Taxi, and Silvia after calls and calls to the Taxi company, find it for us.
I hope to come back to my Inn very soon!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank tracybnewyork
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for share your positive experience on Tripadvisor.
Has been truly a pleasure to welcome you and your wife to our Inn.
I am really happy to have found your Iphone.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Staff, I will share your review with them.

I hope to see you again very soon at The Inn at the Roman Forum.
With my best regards,

Indianapolis
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just returned from a day trip to Rome while in Europe for business. My stay at The Inn at the Roman Forum was wonderful. The week before my arrival I was contacted via email about transportation and tour arrangements. They were extremely helpful and answered all my questions quickly. I also asked for their suggestion on 4 different restaurants I read about on trip advisor. They went ahead and made the reservation for me at one of my selections without me even having to ask. Upon our arrival at the hotel we were greeted nicely by the receptionist. Since we arrived at 10 a.m. our rooms were not ready (which we anticipated so that was ok). However, they had upgraded my and my travelling companion's rooms. We left our bags at the desk and headed out to tour Rome. When returning to the hotel in the evening our bags were already waiting for us in our rooms (a nice surprise after an exhausting day of walking all over Rome). The room was very clean with all the amenities I would expect and more. Breakfast is served on the top floor in a lovely room. They also serve drinks and snacks in the evening and there is an area where you can sit outside as well with a beautiful view.

Room Tip: Since my room was upgraded to the Executive Suite I can't comment on the standard rooms. I didn...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol D
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to share your positive experience concerning your recent stay in our property on TripAdvisor.

We are always glad to offer Complimentary Upgrades to our Guests, if availables.

Looking forward to welcome you again at The Inn at the Roman Forum very soon.
Best regards