“Perfect Location”

Ranked #12 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Grabs
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Great location, very good service, deliciouse beakfast above the roofs of rome. Ancient roman building behind Trajans Markets. Many restaurants close by and close to touristic sites.
Very quite area , WiFi service could be improved like everywerei in Rome

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank DXT0
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I thank you for taking the time to express your positive feedback regarding our property.

We are always very happy to know that our Guests have a pleasant stay at our Inn.
I apologize regarding the problems occurred with the Wifi connection, we are improving the service.

Hoping to welcome you again for your next stay in Rome.
Regards,
Silvia Catalano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed in this wonderful Inn in March as it was our Wedding Anniversary. We could not be more surprise about this location. Just a few minutes to all the main city attractions, but in a lovely and quiet street just behind the Roman Forum. They give us a Complimentary upgrade to a beautiful Junior Suite, very spacious and comfortable. It was very clean, bathroom with bath and shower separate, perfect for us. Breakfast quiet good served in the Terrace that honestly is amazing.
Silvia and all the Staff (Sylvia, Glen..) have been the fantastic, anytime for everything! They help us during our stay booking Restaurants and Tours, always with a smile. And is not all.. My wife lost her Iphone in the Taxi, and Silvia after calls and calls to the Taxi company, find it for us.
I hope to come back to my Inn very soon!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank tracybnewyork
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for share your positive experience on Tripadvisor.
Has been truly a pleasure to welcome you and your wife to our Inn.
I am really happy to have found your Iphone.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the Staff, I will share your review with them.

I hope to see you again very soon at The Inn at the Roman Forum.
With my best regards,

Indianapolis
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just returned from a day trip to Rome while in Europe for business. My stay at The Inn at the Roman Forum was wonderful. The week before my arrival I was contacted via email about transportation and tour arrangements. They were extremely helpful and answered all my questions quickly. I also asked for their suggestion on 4 different restaurants I read about on trip advisor. They went ahead and made the reservation for me at one of my selections without me even having to ask. Upon our arrival at the hotel we were greeted nicely by the receptionist. Since we arrived at 10 a.m. our rooms were not ready (which we anticipated so that was ok). However, they had upgraded my and my travelling companion's rooms. We left our bags at the desk and headed out to tour Rome. When returning to the hotel in the evening our bags were already waiting for us in our rooms (a nice surprise after an exhausting day of walking all over Rome). The room was very clean with all the amenities I would expect and more. Breakfast is served on the top floor in a lovely room. They also serve drinks and snacks in the evening and there is an area where you can sit outside as well with a beautiful view.

Room Tip: Since my room was upgraded to the Executive Suite I can't comment on the standard rooms. I didn...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carol D
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to share your positive experience concerning your recent stay in our property on TripAdvisor.

We are always glad to offer Complimentary Upgrades to our Guests, if availables.

Looking forward to welcome you again at The Inn at the Roman Forum very soon.
Best regards
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel was in a great location, and real quaint in character with the nearby ruins. Our room was really nice and spacious, but similar to other reviews, the walls are paper thin an you can hear every guest walk by.
The biggest disappointment was the receptionist. The poor service and attitude started via email before we even checked in. The hotel sent a nice welcome email and asked if they could help with reservations and attractions. However, they lost my wife's email asking for dinner reservations. Rather than apologizing, the receptionist claimed the email was never sent (which was BS, since we showed her the email on our iPad). But it went on. They double-billed my credit card, but the receptionist again denied it. At the hotel, we asked the receptionist again to make dinner reservations for our romantic honeymoon dinner. When we showed up at the restaurant, no reservations. It goes on... but I'll spare additional details.
Too bad. The hotel was nice. Most of the staff was great. One receptionist brings it all down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at The Inn at the Roman Forum, we really regret to learn that your stay did not come up to your expectation, we are taking very seriously into consideration your negative experiences.

With reference to the Restaurant reservation, we truly apologize but as we told you upon Check In when you asked if it was confirmed, we never received your email with the request. Therefore we asked you to provide the Restaurant details in order to make the reservation in that moment but you never come back to us so we were not able to help you.

Furthermore I would like also to clarify that your Credit Card has not been double-charged. On the April 1, before your Arrival, we sent you an e.mail explaining you that we only performed a pre-authorization on the Credit Card given. Upon Check In you reported again the matter and you said to have with you the Bank statement with the double charges. However when we asked you to show us the Bank statement you never came back to us..

Be sure that our only aim is to make our Guest’s stay most enjoyable one.

I thank you for the positive comments concerning your Room, as you have been Upgraded to our Executive Double Room.
Please accept my personal apologize for the inconveniences occurred, hoping to have another chance to give you a different impression staying again at the Inn at the Roman Forum as reading your comment it seems that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Best Regards,
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We just returned from an outstanding trip to Rome, Florence and surrounding areas. This hotel was our first stop and it was perfect. It is hidden away from the crowds in Rome yet close to the Colloseum and many other historical spots. It is within walking distance to the train station too. The rooms are large and so charming, the breakfast was delicious and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Ivanos, Sylvia and their staff made us feel so welcome! The fourth floor with its sitting area and roof top patio affords such outstanding views of Rome and is so relaxing. The ruins located on the first floor is an unbelievable unexpected treat. You will not be disappointed staying here!!!

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room in this 12 room hotel.....Very clean, quiet and wonderful!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrmldoh
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

First all thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor.

Our main goal is to reach Guest satisfaction, and learning from you that you have found the property and its services corresponding to your expectations.

Thank very much for your nice words concerning our Staff, I will share with them your review!

Looking forward to welcome you again very soon to our Inn.

Best regards,
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. My wife and I spent four days there from April 1st to 5th. We were picked up at the airport in a chauffeur driven Mercedes (one way transfer included free with our advance payment). We stayed in a beautiful Executive Room that was quite large and very comfortable, and beautifully furnished including a 55 inch flat screen TV and IPod dock and free WiFi. The service at the hotel was also extremely good and the staff warm and welcoming. The breakfast was also very good with a nice selection of Italian meats, cheeses, yogurt, etc. and scrambled eggs provided free on request. We were also pleased to find a complementary bottle of wine in our room each evening. What is so special about this hotel is the decor. It's beautifully done. On the roof there is a lovely garden. Breakfast is also served on the roof in either a lovely pair of rooms or, if the weather is good, you can choose to eat on a patio terrace with a lovely view of Rome. Add all of this to a terrific location right at the heart of historic Rome and a short walk to the Colosseum and this is a great value. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Alan_Gottlieb
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your positive experience concerning your recent stay in our property on TripAdvisor.

We looking forward to welcome you very soon to our Inn!

Remaining at your complete disposal for any future request you may have.
Best regards.
Turin, Italy
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We returned a second time this year with more family. We took over four of the rooms of this small luxury hotel. For a unique experience, and the charm of an almost private retreat. This hotel is tucked away from the large tourist crowds, and a wonderful place to unwind, at the end of a long day of touring. Sylvia and staff confirmed dinner reservations (a must with a large group), car transportations, taxis, and tour recommendations. The apertivo on the fourth floor was a nice place to relax and mingle with gratis appetizers during the evening. This accommodations is near some ruins, a few blocks from the collosseum.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the canopy beds and fire place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JHawk5
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience about your recent stay at The Inn at the Roman Forum, with other TripAdvisor's travellers.

Has been truly a pleasure for us to welcome you and your Family, and to help you during your stay. I will share your comment with the all Staff.

I really hope to welcome you again in the near future to our Inn.

With my warmest regards,