“Wonderful hotel with excellent service”

The Inn At The Roman Forum
Ranked #14 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just returned from a day trip to Rome while in Europe for business. My stay at The Inn at the Roman Forum was wonderful. The week before my arrival I was contacted via email about transportation and tour arrangements. They were extremely helpful and answered all my questions quickly. I also asked for their suggestion on 4 different restaurants I read about on trip advisor. They went ahead and made the reservation for me at one of my selections without me even having to ask. Upon our arrival at the hotel we were greeted nicely by the receptionist. Since we arrived at 10 a.m. our rooms were not ready (which we anticipated so that was ok). However, they had upgraded my and my travelling companion's rooms. We left our bags at the desk and headed out to tour Rome. When returning to the hotel in the evening our bags were already waiting for us in our rooms (a nice surprise after an exhausting day of walking all over Rome). The room was very clean with all the amenities I would expect and more. Breakfast is served on the top floor in a lovely room. They also serve drinks and snacks in the evening and there is an area where you can sit outside as well with a beautiful view.

Room Tip: Since my room was upgraded to the Executive Suite I can't comment on the standard rooms. I didn...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol D
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to share your positive experience concerning your recent stay in our property on TripAdvisor.

We are always glad to offer Complimentary Upgrades to our Guests, if availables.

Looking forward to welcome you again at The Inn at the Roman Forum very soon.
Best regards
Silvia Catalano

Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel was in a great location, and real quaint in character with the nearby ruins. Our room was really nice and spacious, but similar to other reviews, the walls are paper thin an you can hear every guest walk by.
The biggest disappointment was the receptionist. The poor service and attitude started via email before we even checked in. The hotel sent a nice welcome email and asked if they could help with reservations and attractions. However, they lost my wife's email asking for dinner reservations. Rather than apologizing, the receptionist claimed the email was never sent (which was BS, since we showed her the email on our iPad). But it went on. They double-billed my credit card, but the receptionist again denied it. At the hotel, we asked the receptionist again to make dinner reservations for our romantic honeymoon dinner. When we showed up at the restaurant, no reservations. It goes on... but I'll spare additional details.
Too bad. The hotel was nice. Most of the staff was great. One receptionist brings it all down.

3  Thank Mark K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at The Inn at the Roman Forum, we really regret to learn that your stay did not come up to your expectation, we are taking very seriously into consideration your negative experiences.

With reference to the Restaurant reservation, we truly apologize but as we told you upon Check In when you asked if it was confirmed, we never received your email with the request. Therefore we asked you to provide the Restaurant details in order to make the reservation in that moment but you never come back to us so we were not able to help you.

Furthermore I would like also to clarify that your Credit Card has not been double-charged. On the April 1, before your Arrival, we sent you an e.mail explaining you that we only performed a pre-authorization on the Credit Card given. Upon Check In you reported again the matter and you said to have with you the Bank statement with the double charges. However when we asked you to show us the Bank statement you never came back to us..

Be sure that our only aim is to make our Guest’s stay most enjoyable one.

I thank you for the positive comments concerning your Room, as you have been Upgraded to our Executive Double Room.
Please accept my personal apologize for the inconveniences occurred, hoping to have another chance to give you a different impression staying again at the Inn at the Roman Forum as reading your comment it seems that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We just returned from an outstanding trip to Rome, Florence and surrounding areas. This hotel was our first stop and it was perfect. It is hidden away from the crowds in Rome yet close to the Colloseum and many other historical spots. It is within walking distance to the train station too. The rooms are large and so charming, the breakfast was delicious and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Ivanos, Sylvia and their staff made us feel so welcome! The fourth floor with its sitting area and roof top patio affords such outstanding views of Rome and is so relaxing. The ruins located on the first floor is an unbelievable unexpected treat. You will not be disappointed staying here!!!

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room in this 12 room hotel.....Very clean, quiet and wonderful!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrmldoh
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

First all thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor.

Our main goal is to reach Guest satisfaction, and learning from you that you have found the property and its services corresponding to your expectations.

Thank very much for your nice words concerning our Staff, I will share with them your review!

Looking forward to welcome you again very soon to our Inn.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. My wife and I spent four days there from April 1st to 5th. We were picked up at the airport in a chauffeur driven Mercedes (one way transfer included free with our advance payment). We stayed in a beautiful Executive Room that was quite large and very comfortable, and beautifully furnished including a 55 inch flat screen TV and IPod dock and free WiFi. The service at the hotel was also extremely good and the staff warm and welcoming. The breakfast was also very good with a nice selection of Italian meats, cheeses, yogurt, etc. and scrambled eggs provided free on request. We were also pleased to find a complementary bottle of wine in our room each evening. What is so special about this hotel is the decor. It's beautifully done. On the roof there is a lovely garden. Breakfast is also served on the roof in either a lovely pair of rooms or, if the weather is good, you can choose to eat on a patio terrace with a lovely view of Rome. Add all of this to a terrific location right at the heart of historic Rome and a short walk to the Colosseum and this is a great value. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

4  Thank Alan_Gottlieb
SilviaCatalano, Front Office Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your positive experience concerning your recent stay in our property on TripAdvisor.

We looking forward to welcome you very soon to our Inn!

Remaining at your complete disposal for any future request you may have.
Best regards.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We returned a second time this year with more family. We took over four of the rooms of this small luxury hotel. For a unique experience, and the charm of an almost private retreat. This hotel is tucked away from the large tourist crowds, and a wonderful place to unwind, at the end of a long day of touring. Sylvia and staff confirmed dinner reservations (a must with a large group), car transportations, taxis, and tour recommendations. The apertivo on the fourth floor was a nice place to relax and mingle with gratis appetizers during the evening. This accommodations is near some ruins, a few blocks from the collosseum.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the canopy beds and fire place.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JHawk5

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience about your recent stay at The Inn at the Roman Forum, with other TripAdvisor's travellers.

Has been truly a pleasure for us to welcome you and your Family, and to help you during your stay. I will share your comment with the all Staff.

I really hope to welcome you again in the near future to our Inn.

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This Inn gives it's guests the feeling of staying in an enchanted corner tucked away amongst the beautiful little cobble streets of Rome. Everything about it felt right out of a dream! The Inn is small and private, and the top floor offers a magical garden on one side and a balcony with view on the other. The rooms are clean, comfortable, spacious, and with a unique style of their own. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and the place couldn't have been better situated (right in the middle of all the major attractions, but in a quite neighborhood as opposed to a busy down town street). This is a must experience for those who look for something different and very special!

3  Thank Frances S
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have been to Rome many times and have stayed in 5 stars, 4 stars and a couple of funky places. We have now found our home in Rome, The Inn at the Roman Forum. All personnel were excellent and nothing was too much to ask. Very helpful in reservations for all venues and for nearby restaurants. The 4th floor "gathering area" is used for a very good breakfast and for happy hour as well. For the price of a drink at happy hour, one has access to a nice buffet, plenty for dinner if one is too tired from touristing all day. We were in the 4th floor garden suites. Very private and beautifully decorated. My only negative note--no face cloths, but that is usually the case in European hotels. High marks all around for this hotel. Do not expect limos waiting at the curb or a glitzy entrance. A very secluded street and very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank marygay

Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for your nice words and for having spent the time to review our Inn on TripAdvisor.

We are really happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. This is what we love to hear and what we all work for!

Therefore as you have found your "Home" in Rome we are waiting to see you again very soon!
I will share your review with all the Staff.

Thank you again, with my warmest regards