“Good for the money and works with a teenage family”
Review of Dock Suites Hotel

Dock Suites Hotel
Ranked #257 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 19, 2013

2 stops from Termini, we'll maintained and friendly, English is limited but you will cope. Free breakfasts were ok and got us throughout to lunch. The restaurant "gran Sasso" is a good family run restaurant around the corner and there is a friendly mini market 2 streets away towards the metro. I would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ian M

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel from hell.
The staff were rude and unhelpful when we asked for places to visit and transport details. the answer we got was 'go to the station'. The hotel lifts weren't working so we had to carry our luggage to the fourth floor without any help from the hotel staff.
One of the big reason to choose the hotel was the fact that they provide free wifi, this was far from the truth. when we inquired about the net connection we were told that its out of order and cannot say when it can be fixed and that this is italy.
they ruined our holiday, i would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank anifa p
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just like everybody else, i was tranferred from Madison Hotel. I choosed madison hotel because it was located near termini. Somehow madison hotel transferred us Dock Hotel (upgrade from 3 star to 4 star hotel), and paid taxi fare to get there (€15). Dock Hotel was 5 minutes from termini.

Dock Hotel is in quiet residencial area, in front of police office, and 5 minutes walking to nearest Metro. You can find small resto and mini market on the way to Metro.

The hotel has a very nice interior, wood panel, modern bathroom aplliance, and complete kitchen equipment. The staff was nice but not so much speaking english.

We regreted the location at first time, but compensated with nice upgraded room. I could be happy stay in rome then.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Siskadityawarnan
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Yes I have 4 nights booked for Madison Hotel, Via Marsala, but It was fully and they offer me a suite at Dock hotel and I was really OK there. I was with my wife ( better my lover), and it was really very good holidays. I was for my 55-th anniversary and we visited so much historical places. it was really good time passed there.

Room Tip: Rooms are all suites and OK
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lorus57
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Like others b4, I was upgraded to the Dock which was in a nicer, residential area near many cafes and a subway stop. Lovely marbled and wood paneled suite! My only complaint was the bed was previously slept in by a smoker and I had to air the place out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I made my reservation in Madison Hotel but when I arrived they told me that they will move me to Dock hotel and they told me If you don't like it comeback to Madison. When I arrived there I decided to stay.The rooms there are very nice and clean. the place is so quite. The stuff was helpful during my stay (6 days). the hotel was only two stops from Termini station, you will need exactly 15 min from the moment you leave your room to the moment you leave Termini station. The only thing that I did not like was the breakfast, it was so poor. if I visit Rome again, I will come to hotel Dock.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a nice hotel in a quiet residential area of Rome. There are not many tourist attractions nearby, but there are plenty of cafes, restaurants, and shops near the hotel.

Pros:
- Quiet neighborhood
- Great room. Large, clean, and well furnished. The floors are all marble, and our room had a walk-in closet with plenty of space for luggage. There was also a large desk and mini-fridge.
- Big bathroom with plenty of hot water and a fancy shower with 10 different jets that were slightly intimidating.
- Great air conditioning

Neutrals:
- Breakfast was typical Italian pastries and coffee. Not great, not bad.

Cons:
- None

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business