All reviewstrevi fountainspanish stepsroom overlooking the courtyardpastriesvia nazionalewithin walking distancebacon and scrambled eggsseparate bedroomsmall kitchenstaff on receptioncentral locationlovely hotelminute walkdouble roomthe air conditioningcity breakexcellent location
Reviewed July 21, 2018

I stayed here for my last night in Italy by default as my travel agent booked me into Domus Romana by mistake. My room on the 5th floor did not resemble any of the photos.
It was extremely run down, with an empty cupboard where the mini bar was meant to be. A balcony which could have been perfect but when I opened the door/window it looked like it had not been maintained for the last 5 years. Air con was not working and the amount of room freshener was over powering (clearly used to cover up a smell) The only good thing about this place is it's location. How this Hotel has a 4 Star rating is beyond me. I would not recommend Domus Romana!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank cindyleedoolan
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Just read carefully the recent reviews and you will get a good picture of the Hotel: very well located with helpful staff. Those are the only good points.
- wifi doesn’t work in any room (not in mine and not in several others, according to what I read)
- As someone else said, looks like the last reform in the rooms were made in 1975
- Old furniture in the room
- Air conditioning BEHIND the curtains!! I’ve never seen such a thing....blocks the air from circulating in the room
- if you are tall, you’re gonna have problems in the bathroom...

It’s faaaaar from being a 4 stars.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Was really looking forward to spending the weekend at this hotel.. the room looked amazing online but on arrival was pretty disappointed as it looked nothing like it has been advertised. But it was clean and tidy. One wardrobe to store everything, no drawers. Dressing table had no nearby plug , impossible to use own hairdryer or straightener. The mirror was high up on the wall above the dressing table so can’t sit to do hair/makeup etc.. I had to plug my dryer next to the bathroom and stand in there to dry/straighten hair. But that I was ok with, worked ok for me. Breakfast was very disappointing. I love a good continental breakfast. But unfortunately this wasn’t the best. Cold scrambled eggs and bacon. :(
Toaster not working on second morning. 1st morning, tables left dirty and uncleared, nothing topped up and no cups or glasses. One guest asked a member of staff for some cups, but it seemed like it was an inconvenience for the staff as she didn’t seem happy with the request. Bar on the first night was out of bounds for hotel guests as there was a wedding in there. Feel that this hotel doesn’t really deserve the 4 stars, more 2-3. Some staff could’ve been a little more friendlier and welcoming too.. apart from that it didn’t spoil my stay in Rome, as the city was the most amazing place I’ve been.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dizidebs
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Very accessible location and near to major sights such as Trevi Fountain and Pantheon. However, the hotel services leave much to be desired. For example, the hotel room is not carpeted and the floor is very dusty. Our room also does not allow us to tap into the free WiFi services. And finally, the chambermaid forgot to keep the toilet bowl brush after using and it was left in our toilet bowl.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank dionetmj
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Only staying here because we were moved because our original hotel had no water. I’m sure this hotel would’ve been lovely back in 1975. Doesn’t look like anything has changed since then.

The mattress on the bed is older than me I think. Big dip in the middle. There’s mould on the towel rail in the bathroom.

Couldn’t get WiFi in my room because of the thickness of the walls. I could go on but I’m depressed enough with having to stay here.

Brenda on reception was lovely and very helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business