The Church Village
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsmetro stationrooms are basiccold meatsyogurttwiningsodourcheesewardrobecappuccino
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 2, 2013

must say that some reviews about this hotel are way off the room was very clean breakfast was just what you need and plenty and the staff were all friendly towards us would use again location is slightly out of Rome but metro is just up road and is great to get to all the sights just buy a Roma pass did not use buses as they always looked croweded

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with Co-op Travel
    1  Thank Kevin G
    Fabrizia S, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The Church Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Kevin G,
    thank you very much for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us!

I’m very glad to know that you found our room very clean, very good buffet breakfast, efficient and helpful staff.

It is our goal to consistently provide customer satisfaction and your comments are very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rome.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was part of a small group (Fr. L’s Group) who stayed here from June 25 to June 30 2013. I was one of a party of 13. I was a little nervous about this hotel based on the reviews that I had read on Trip Advisor. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms and bath were very clean. Yes, the shower was a little small but I found this to be the norm in the European hotels that I have stayed in recently. We ate breakfast and dinner here each day. The food was good and there was plenty of it. The staff in the dining room was very pleasant and accommodating. On two occasions, I did not care for the main of course of the evening. The head server went out of her way to bring me something else. The staff at the front desk and snack stand (bar) were very pleasant and spoke English very well but were tolerant of my bumbling attempts at speaking Italian. The free Wifi in the lobby was strong enough to use Skype but the signal in the rooms (available for a small fee) was much better. The grounds themselves were absolutely beautiful! Nice enough for a wedding reception and pictures. The Vatican was an easy public bus ride away. In short, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay close to all the “good stuff” in downtown Rome without actually being “downtown”.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
    2  Thank CJak095

Dear CJak095,
    first of all let me thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel.

I’m very happy you have appreciated and you took advantage of all our services.
    Your satisfaction is our best compensation. It encourages us to pursue our efforts and makes us proud to have welcomed you.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just recently spent two weeks at this very pleasant hotel in Rome. We had two rooms for four people, the beds and rooms were small but very comfortable with the basic amenities. The location of the hotel was in a perfect spot, away from the loud and crazy crowds from the city center but close enough that you could walk to Vatican within 30 minutes. The front desk staff was always pleasant and very welcoming, and not to mention that they have a breakfast buffet every morning that will guarantee a typical European breakfast experience. They also have an onsite bar and restaurant that is very affordable and good. As an American that is used to upscale hotels, this one gets my good ratings.

Room Tip: Only one building has a an elevator, you should request it when reserving your room.
    • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
    2  Thank M P
    Fabrizia S, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The Church Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear M P,
    first of all let me thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel.
    I’m very happy you appreciated the service of our staff, the quality of our Buffet Breakfast and especially the level of cleanliness of our rooms. I will share your compliments with all my Team.
    We continuously work hard to improve the service level of the Domus Pacis Torre Rossa Park and your satisfaction is our best compensation.
    Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 4 days. Rate for 2 nightwas around 80 euro and for remaining two around 120 euro.

There service is not very extra ordinary. Staff is not very warm welcoming especially bar. No body bothered to guide us to room. Breakfast is good. Room is not worth of 120 euros. Not a single water cooker in the room. Wash room is average. Even dere doors need to be repainted and it looks really bad. beds are not comfortable and iron made with springs

Service was ok. They did not bother to put shower gel in our room except first day. Once i called and got one but then i bought mine.

Area outside is clearly marked dat it is for bar only. So you have buy something from bar.

It is far from city and metro stop. You have to pay 15 euro per day for internet if you want to use.

• Stayed: June 2013
    1  Thank ChFarooq
    Reviewed May 31, 2013

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The reception staff especially a young man named Christiano were out of this world helpfull. When asking for a decent restuarant Christian drew me a map with about 5 of them on and commented on each one. We eventually chose arturo, which is a family resturant and they come pick you up and take you home free of charge. It was so cheap, the food was excellent, and the wine so good and cheap. We went back every night. They also helped with us getting around by giving out a map and bus information, and the bus stop is outside the hotel to the right. The staff at the reception took customer experience to a whole new level.
    The bar staff were average but nice and friendly and helped us with trying to say some italian phrases. Again nice food and drink and reasonably priced.
    The rooms, yes they were small however when you are out in Rome all day you come back knackered and crash so you dont actually notice the size!!!!
    The nice touches to this hotel were the beautiful gardens you can sit and have a drink and gossip about the day. The safe and fridge in the room was very usefull. My mum would of liked a kettle but thats her being fussy and a tea addict. And the shop inside by the bar. It has all your gifts and trinkets you would want to take home with you and was much lower piced than the stalls which were in Rome selling this.
    We had a lovely birthday out there, one to remember for ever, and enjoyed staying in this hotel. Just another mention to Christiano at reception he is amazing and made our experience even better.

Thank you Siobhan and Clare. xx

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor.
    • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
    1  Thank Siobhán I
    Fabrizia S, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at The Church Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Siobhán I,
    thank you for taking time to share your experience in Domus Pacis Torre Rossa Park.

I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel having a lovely birthday.
    The positive comments you made regarding our reception staff , particularly Christian, are a reason of proud for me. Be sure I will share the compliments with my wonderful team!

Hoping to welcome you again in the future I send you my