All reviews vatican museum directly across the street marble floors minute walk to st peter's square breakfast buffet wonderful hotel quad room the hotel staff shuttle service i highly recommend this hotel perfect location loved this hotel hotel is located room was large trip to rome definitely stay here again
Reviewed June 4, 2016

I really liked this hotel. The staff were very helpful and the hotel itself was very nice. It is directly across from the Vatican. The roof top breakfast was awesome! (we would also go up to the roof at night to enjoy a drink.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Good points: - The location : right in front of the entrance to the Vatican Museum - Rooms in back are very peaceful and quiet - bathroom is spacious and modern - mattress is of excellent quality - mini bar well stocked - tastefully understated art nouveau decor - valet parking available upon reservation - WiFi is stable and fast - pleasant rooftop terrace - good aircon
Negatives: reception desk staff on cold side - no restaurant, but many options nearby - little public space - rooms rather dark at back - back rooms look out at wall with windows of opposite building. Privacy therefore only with closed shutters. - Less well situated for visiting ancient Rome .

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2016

Hotel receptionist was very good giving us essential information and maps on arrival, room was clean, warm (we went in February), spacious and had a street view. The location was good in respect we like to walk but if you want to be near the main sight seeing attractions and don't like walking then the hotel maybe not for you. We did b&b and thought the breakfast was excellent, we had drinks in the hotel and thought they were reasonably priced, also the receptionist gave us the name of a good stake restraunt where we ate and enjoyed the meals.

Room tip: Upgrade if you want Vatican views
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2016

We were in Rome about 72 hours. Most of our activities were in Vatican City and the location of this hotel was perfect. The room itself was spacious, beautiful and clean. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed their restaurant recommendations.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 23, 2016

I stayed at the Hotel Alimandi several years ago when I wanted to be in a location close to the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel. You couldn't get much closer unless you actually slept in the Vatican Museum. It is only a few minutes walk to St. Peter's. The hotel was good when I stayed there before, and it is even better now. Beautiful quad room for my daughter, granddaughter, and me. A view directly over the Vatican Museum. Clean, lovely room and bathroom. A full breakfast is included. Wonderful front desk people who always go the extra mile When I made our reservation by email, Nico made everything easy for me including arranging transportation from the Rome airport to the hotel and several days later transportation from the hotel to the Port of Civitavecchia. I have visited Rome several times over the years, and this is the best hotel at which I have stayed during my many visits. Five stars!

Date of stay: May 2016