“Nice rooms and good service”
Review of Target Inn

Target Inn
Ranked #457 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed for four nights, family with two grown up children. Very good location. Excellent service provided by nice staff.
Quiet area so we had good sleep all nights.
The hotel i sa bitt difficult to find the first time.
Also try the Target restaurang. It also contain good service, nice staff and excellent Italian food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Fantastic...!!! Great value and service, staff are friendly and location is great...It is the people that work here that really make a difference, always make you feel like friends!!! The restaurant is also amazing...!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Target Inn was a great place to stay for our 3-day stop in Rome. The hotel is small, but very clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly. My fiance and I enjoy walking so the location was fine for us. For the price, the Target Inn is an awesome hotel and we would certainly stay there next time we return to Rome!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BDiddy11
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was a great place to stay in Rome. The staff is great and very helpful.. I recommend this place to everybody.The staff from Phillipinnes was the greatest kindest men I ve ever seen. I hope to welcome him in Istanbul.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have just come back from Rome, where I again stayed at the Target Inn, which is highly recommendable, especially for the price. It is four-star quality, but somehow much easier (just a few rooms, breakfast in your room if you want it there) and basically nicer than normal four-star hotels. It has a kind of boutiquey feel to it, but without going over the top on the arty stuff. Businesspeople will also feel at home here, and I first went there with my young family and they loved it.
I've been going to Rome since 1984, and as a student tried out a few grubby 'pensioni' on higher floors of apartment blocks around the main rail station. Fast forward a few years and now I do three or four-star hotels for business, which are either a bit too full of character (tiny bathrooms, with dirty shower curtains) or have none at all.
Then a friend put me on to the Target Inn, which is indeed in an apartment block close to the rail station (conveniently so, it is 5 minutes walk if you are quick, so definitely manageable when leaving with luggage from the station without messing around with taxis and so on, and fairly easy to find). And it is on the better side of the station, getting distinctly upmarket, and where you want to be, with bits of ancient Rome around the corner and further delights just down the hill. If the other reviewers don't like the idea of the breakfast - they gave me a good (warm) cappuccino, fresh fruit and then indeed prepackaged stuff which I put in my pocket for lunch - then have it in a streetside bar and ask them to give you a discount. No hot water problems the time I have been there and the Filipina who runs the show is very helpful. I repeat, somehow it is just easy to be there -- close to the station, close to the sights and you just get in the lift/elevator and somehow it feels at home.

Room Tip: I think I have stayed in three, and they all seem fine to me. They are much larger than others I ha...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Although we only live a short distance from Rome, a late night social obligation in the city had us opt to stay the night there. Target Inn was chosen for location and price even though Tripadvisor reviews were mixed. Booking was made through the hotel's webs site and offered a 10 percent discount with credit card prepayment which we did bringing the price down to 90€ for room and breakfast. Previous reviews had mentioned attempts at double billing and indeed the reception clerk initially made some noises about our reservation not having been prepaid. We had the hotel's confirmation indicating prepayment so that was the end of that. If this was an honest mistake or something that is tried as a matter of course, I have no way of knowing.

Room 303 was of moderate size, very clean, sparsely yet adequately furnished. W e love a firm mattress and that's what it was. Bathroom was small and had a nice supply of toilet paper, towels, hand soap and shower gel. Hot water was in good supply for a shower in late afternoon and then again in early morning for a wash up. WiFi had a good strong signal but you have to ask for the code.

And now the downs. Breakfast is served in the room but no provision has been made for eating it. The room holds a desk-type structure and only one chair. Not a great setup for two people. Take out the desk and put in a small table and chairs and it would work. The window only opens a slight crack at the top. Not good if you like fresh air. The shower stall had no shelf for soap and such. Inconvenient. Going back to breakfast, it's all prepackaged stuff but more or less OK; coffee is nasty to say the least. The TV -- if you only speak Italian, you'll do fine. If not, the TV is nothing but wall art.

Would we return? Hummmm... probably not.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FloraPapini
targetinn, Proprietario at Target Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Good day.
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all your comments and we would like to address some issues you raised during your stay with us.

First, I would just like to reiterate that Target Inn has ceased ‘Double Billing’ its customer since being under a new management. And we strictly do not charge any customer without their expressed written consent. Former clients may have mentioned this matter in their comments at Trip Advisor. But we also have clearly stated in our reply that the hotel is under a new management thus omitting this policy.

Regarding our reservation procedure, as said, not all reservations are prepaid and refundable. That is why we ensure to verify our client’s voucher before confirming any transaction. In addition, our (prepaid) room rates are always excluded of the city tax. This is to save our clients from futile charges in case they fail to make it on their check-in dates.The receptionist on duty verified the type of your reservation and informed you that the city tax ( 4 Euro ) is not included to the amount we charge to your credit card .And still we were not able to charge you the sad amount even after your check out.Again, this is because we don’t charge credit cards without any consent.You may also check your accounts statement (charge date: October 31, 2012 ) to confirm this.

In compliance to the new regulations required by the government to hotelliers, we have installed
Soundproof windows ( last August 2012 ).These kind of windows has limited opening for our clients security specially for our guest with children. However should clients request to have it opened they may approach the desk personnel on duty to get the key and sign a waiver form.
As for accessing the internet we maintain a WIFI code to avoid unauthorized use of internet connection that may result to slow data transfer.

We hope that this answers the issues you raised with us and we apologized for any inconvenience that you encountered during your stay.

Respectfully yours,
LUCIANO GALANTI ( part- owner )

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I accompanied my friend who came from Norway and stayed here for 3 days. I actually never had any expectations aside from the fact that this should be a nice place to stay since it is at the very heart of the city.

It was a breeze to stay in the hotel! We even joked of not going out since the weather seemed to be getting murkier after a couple of hours when we woke up. The receptionist, Ajae, has been so helpful in directing us to all the tourist spots.

The room we were in was clean and neat especially the bathroom - no molds! And best of all, we ALWAYS have hot water whenever we return home or even when we woke up. Even the receiving area is clean and I love the ambient of it because of the painting hanging on the wall.

Yes, I definitely recommend this hotel! Especially to couples! The atmosphere of the room is quite cozy....

Room Tip: Get the junior suite!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends