“Arco del Lauro, Trastevere, Rome”
Review of Arco del Lauro

Arco del Lauro
Ranked #22 of 3,742 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed with Lorenza and Daniela for a week, from October 26 through November 2, 2011. The B & B is really well situated in the Trastevere area of Rome. We were able to walk to many of the major tourist attractions (Vatican, Coliseum and Forum, Pantheon, Jewish Ghetto, Gianicolo Hill) without any difficulty, usually within 30 minutes or less. There are many good restaurants in the immediate area so there is no danger of going hungry. We had a great time at the cafe where breakfast is served. Make sure to have Enzo take care of you. He is a genuinely happy guy who will have you smiling even if you don't speak italian.

The room we stayed in was really nice. It was comfortable, quiet, and thoughtfully arranged. We found the bathroom to be well-designed with plenty of counter space to put things on. Everything was exceptionally clean. It is obvious that Arco Del Lauro is very well run and very well taken care of. After a very tough day of sightseeing and overeating it was nice to come back to a clean comfortable room to relax so we could do it all again the next day.

Both Lorenza, and Daniela who we had the most contact with, were very gracious and helpful. Between them, they speak 3 languages fluently (English, French and German). We'd stay here again without hesitation. We will recommend it to our friends.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

I had an absolutely lovely one week stay in Rome from October 7-14, 2011. My fond memories of the trip are largely due to the charming Arco del Lauro B&B tucked into the vibrant Trastevere neighborhood. Lorenza and Daniela, the managers, are simply two of the kindest, most helpful hosts a traveler could hope to find. I was traveling alone and was in Rome to visit my nephew. Both women went out of their way to offer directions, suggestions and advice when it came to shopping, touring and dining. The accomodations were ample and eat of the floor immaculate! Finding this gem can be a real challenge, but oh so worth the reward! It is absolutely ideal, close to everything and easy to navigate, yet you can hear a pin drop at night it's so quiet. I cannot say enough about Arco del Lauro. Should I be lucky enough to make a return trip, there is no place else I would even think of staying!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The place is located in the heart of the Trastevere, which is a great location with restaurants and coffee shops. It's very close to all the main attractions you want to visit in Rome. Just cross the river, and you are there.

We travelled to Italy with a 5 yo kid, and stayed at the Arco del Lauro for 3 nights. The first 2 nights we got a quadruple room, and when we came back to Rome after a few days, we got a double room with an extra bed. Both rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet.

Arco Del Lauro is a very welcoming B&B with everything you need. Daniella and Lorenza were very nice and helpful. In our next visit in Rome, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank inon g
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I spent two nights at Arco, and heartily concur with all of the other glowing reviews of this establishment. Like some other reviewers, I had a little trouble finding Arco upon arrival -- my taxi driver dropped me off in the wrong place -- but it's actually in a perfect, convenient (and scenic!) location once you get your bearings. As a solo female traveler, I appreciated the fact that the area around the hotel felt very safe at night, and there are lots of cute restaurants in the immediate area. I had a particularly nice meal at the restaurant on the street just behind the hotel, through the arch and to the left. The cafe where breakfast is served is nice, too -- you can sit outside on their patio and soak in the sights of Pininscula Square. The Massimo subway station is a 10-15 minute walk away, so if you're alone at night, I'd suggest a taxi when going farther afield or returning to Trastavere.

I really liked the way the hotel was set up -- it's kind of like an apartment suite, which you enter through two secure doors on the ground level of a multi-floor building. In the foyer, there's a computer, as well as a mini-fridge stocked with yogurt, and tea/coffee fixings. This was a really nice touch, and because of the way the rooms were set up I felt totally comfortable grabbing a yogurt, or fixing a cup of herbal tea, at night when I was in my PJs. The room was also very comfortable and well thought-out -- IKEA-style furnishings, plenty of places to store/hang your stuff, a small but well-designed bathroom...

Since I arrived on the weekend, I dealt mostly with Daniella, and she was quite nice, helping me figure out how to get to various places that I wanted to visit. I met Lorenza when I was leaving, and she was just as friendly in person as she was in her emails.

Overall, highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ak_va1
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed 6 nights here. Our room was comfortable and very quiet at night. Breakfasts at the place around the corner were good, great espresso! The location in Trastevere is excellent, within walking distance of nearly everything you would want to see in Rome. A grteat neighbourhood full of places to eat, wonderful churches, ivy covered walls and cobbled narrow streets. Daniella & Lorenzo were great hosts and willing to help & answer any questions.
Thoroughly recommended to all. We will stay there again and recommend it to our friends.

1  Thank jvrnz
Reviewed October 28, 2011

What a wonderful find in the middle of Trastevere. Daniella and Lorenza are both so kind and helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. It is very clean and all the facilities of home - tea, coffee, even a small fridge with yoghurts etc free of charge! Computer access is also inclusive. The location is perfect and close to many of the bridges over the Tiber.
I would definitely recommend this lovely llittle B&B and would definitely go and stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheila H
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed here recently and it`s the perfect area.The river is minutes away, and so much to discover,in spite of 2 previous visits to Rome. Lorenza and Daniella are so helpful, and we were given a list of the best places to eat a walk away. There's free internet, tea and coffee facilities, snacks etc., a very nice touch. We also walked to the area of the old jewish ghetto, and Portico de Octavia, amazing ruins on a huge scale. My husband has knee problems so the small 125 bus was a godsend for discovering Trasteverre.
We stayed in the front room and a couple of times were woken by the passing high school students, which wasn't a problem as we just got up earlier!
All in all we couldn't have chosen a nicer place to stay-and hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back must be quieter.