“good location great people”
Review of Hotel Cervia Roma

Hotel Cervia Roma
Ranked #338 of 1,100 Specialty Lodging in Rome
sydney
“good location great people”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have stayed at hotel Cervia for a number of years now when I am in Rome. It is well situated with an easy walk from termini and easy to find! The hotel is clean and well kept. All the staff are extremely pleasant and very helpful particularly with getting around the city and what to see. They can tell you about interesting places that are not on the usual routes and tourist lists. They offer breakfast if wanted. I have stayed in both the rooms with bathrooms and without both are fine and they are cleaned and made up every day.
The area is good not far from the university and there are good restaurants, cafes in the blocks around the hotel. There is also a supermarket a couple of blocks down past the garibaldi graffiti.
I always feel safe walking around the area in the evenings when I travel alone.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the street if you want a quieter room
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank krp99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed in Hotel Cervia with my mother in early June. We stayed 4 nights. I booked the room online and then called the hotel to confirm it. It is 5 minutes away from the Termini station and though that area is rather seedy, Hotel Cervia was an exception. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. We stayed in a room without a personal bathroom in the first floor since it was cheaper and the shared bathroom was very clean albeit small. The room was spacious with high ceiling and the beds were cleaned everyday and even though the room was facing the rather lively street, it never was too loud. I had asked for 2 single beds and the staff had arranged one queen and a single bed so it was great beyond my expectations. I'll definitely stay in Hotel Cervia when I visit Rome the next time (which I hope will be soon)/

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank angelica86
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 19, 2011

a little bit far from station. hotel room is clean. with no lift or air condition. as downstair have restaurant, it is a little bit noisy at night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stayed here the last week of October 2010 for 4 nights. My room was clean with a double bed, with a good mattress and soft pillows. I opted for bathroom/shower down the hall, which were also clean, no problem with the hot water. My room had a sink and towels were provided. My bed was made up everyday. I had booked my room and paid on-line and received a discount, so my room was 38 Euros, (equaled $55 Canadian) per night. There is the option of breakfast included but I didn't take that, so I don't know what their breakfast entails as Italians don't eat breakfast the way North Americans do. An Italian breakfast is more or less coffee and some kind of roll or pastry and you can get a great cappuchino and croissant for 1.80 Euros at a neighbourhood coffee place. My room was up on the third floor and I did hear street noise but it wasn't too bad. There is no elevator and after a long day of walking the climb up the stairs was felt. I didn't have a lot of interaction with staff but when I did they were friendly. The free map of Rome that they have at the reception desk is very helpful for getting around Rome by foot and transit.
The location is good because it is a 10 minute walk (or so) from the central train station (Termini) which also has the buses to the airport. The train station is also the hub for subway and public transit. There is a small grocery store in the neighbourhood and a great coffee bar across from the train station (on Via Masala). There are also several resatuarants around.
I travel on a budget and this was my first trip to Rome, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RubyLake
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This was my second stay in the hotel (previously Nov 2008). Again it was good value, comfortable and friendly. The linen was changed daily and the room, though basic, was comfy. I don't spend hours in hotels so didn't need any extras although a kettle would have been useful (bring your own). That said, there are plenty of trattorias and bars on the street so if you need that coffee fix you don't have far to go. I wasn't impressed with the breakfast last time so instead used Bar Valentina at No. 65 (recommended). Termini is 5 mins walk.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gissapint99
chicago
Reviewed August 20, 2009

this place was not worth it all...my husband and I stayed 3 days and it was horrible. The double bed was two uneven horrible twin beds pushed together and it did not have a/c. They did give us a fan that was the only thing. You start by going up some very sketch wooden stairs that seem like they break the second you get on them. The room was decent size but the bed was horrible. We stayed in a room with a detached bathroom. The towel you get is a hand towel that is like sand paper! It absorbs nothing and just hurts you. The bathroom is just disgusting! The three days we were there, the bathroom got worse and no one cleaned it! the water would overflow in the shower and flood the bathroom! The bathroom smelled like urine and all the water on the floor further sold the smell. There was no toilet paper and no one came to replace it. If you are young college traveler who is used to frat house bathrooms...then you wont have a problem... All in all you can probably find a better place for the price or a bit more. It is worth it!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Kolkata
Reviewed June 10, 2009

While booking I had absolutely no idea that the quadruple room would be on the 4th floor and that there would be no elevator to take us there. So I was forced to tug my luggage up the flight of stairs in the heat of the summer. The room was quite large with one queen sized bed and two singles. All fine. But there was only a single pedestal fan to take care of the cooling. Inadequate? You bet! The guy at the reception, very kindly, offered me his pedestal fan. The catch was that I had to haul it up to my room by myself. The shower cubicle did not have a shower bracket and as a result the spout hung on its chord. If you weren't too careful you could actually flood your room. Sheets were never replaced during my three night stay there. The only saving grace was the location, otherwise its below standard. Stay here only if you are desperate or have immense tolerance for nonsense. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone other than backpackers.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family