“You got better hotel nearby, keep finding!”
Review of Hotel Lazzari

Hotel Lazzari
Ranked #3,079 of 3,718 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The hotel is 15min from the Termini Station, but the area is not very safe with lots of strangers around and some people get drunk at night. The hotel is clean with the maid cleaning everyday. The room and the bed is VERY SMALL, and the wall is very thin, you can hear what the person in next room talking. The staff are ok in general, but there is one staff who write a memo in my room and lock my door when I go out, make me feel very angry and insulted. (I am not sure as if it is a communication problem, but her action made me feel very bad and I will never ever stay here again). You got many better hotel with similar price nearby, keep finding!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KenYung

Reviewed January 17, 2011

First of all I had a little trouble finding this hotel. Most buildings on the street look the same and sometime it is hard to tell if it is a hotel or just a residence. So if you arrive in the dark and walk down the street it might be quite confusing. Even the local people on the street were unsure. I finaly found it and realized it was in fact a residencial building and the hotel had just one of the floors for itself. I receptionist was present and I was swiftly checked in. I was asked to pay in advance which was ok. The room had a large bed and a TV, with small window overlooking the street I had just walked on. There are no carpets anywhere. I was glad the wifi was included and worked well. As for the location, it is ok during the day, but since the hotel is close to the Termini station, there are some dodgy people hanging around in the evenings. Apart from that I was happy with the location and price. The metro station is closeby, but you can walk to the sights as well. It is a good budget hotel for solo travellers in a convenient, but not quite so safe location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank agnesa1956
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Hotel Lazzari is a budget hotel near Roma Termini in Rome. I wanted to travel to this beautiful city to have a glimpse of Roman Empire, so it was a quick and unplanned decision. I found this hotel in the vacant list and decided to spend my two nights here. This hotel falls more under the category of Bed and Breakfast kind, so no complain. But it was incredible to find hotel staff so cooperative and english speaking who made the stay more comfortable, really appreciating. Hotel has all kind of facilities, Wi-Fi, separate/shared bathrooms, and all the necessary things required for an outsider. I preferred separate individual room with all facilities and it worked for me. Had two nights of sound sleep after roaming in every corner of the city. Situated in a good location where all the sites can be approached without the need of transportation system. All kind of Restaurant/Bars withing the approach and a nice place to stay in.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Imransiddiqui82
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I cant really be too harsh on this hotel since I didnt actually book it. I was meant to be staying at the hostel opposite (Hostel papaya) however as the hostel had overbooked I was moved into Hotel Lazzari. I guess it is what you would expect from a 2 star hotel; pretty skanky rooms, very run down bathrooms and paper thin walls (the noise of the toilets being flushed kept me up all night!). That said, it did appear clean, you get a free breakfast at the bar around the corner, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is great too; you are 5 mins walk from Termini train station and not far from the main tourist sights.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank GandA10
Reviewed July 30, 2009

10 minutes walk from Termini, not noisy, clean, cheap. Very good for its price. Breakfast was the only bad thing: just a coffe and a croissant. Acceptable though.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Manuel09
Reviewed April 3, 2008

There were some good and bad things about this hotel.First it doesn't look as good as its been showed on the internet.Rooms are tiny and the bathrooms a little smelly (our sink felt totally appart). Walls are very thin so we could hear everything from the hallway. Breakfast can't be realy considered as 'breakfast'-it's just a slice of cake and a coffe (We haven't been informed that during holidays it's beeing served only untill 9 30am). Checkout is unfortunately not at 12 00 but already at 10 00 (We haven't been informed either).
The good thing is the hotel is very close to the Termini TS. The service was very friendly and the hotel location is in a quiet back street.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank kooomedia
Reviewed August 4, 2005

This small hotel is on the second, third and fifth floors of a building about 1/2 m. from the train station in Rome. The people at the reception desk were very nice and helpful--our reservations were confused with my sisters' as we all share last names, and the employees at the front desk were apologetic and very helpful in getting the problem straightened out. The rooms were clean although small, with a bath en suite (and the shower was quite small). We actually stayed in two different rooms because we began and ended our trip in Rome. The first night, they lost our reservation and only had a very small room with a French double bed (smaller than standard) with no bath. However, it cost only EU50--quite a deal. The larger room that we had on our return was less than EU80, still very affordable. There's no AC in the rooms, but there were fans and we were comfortable. Rooms were clean and simply furnished. There was some street noise on Saturday night, but it did not keep us from sleeping soundly. Breakfast is in a neighborhood cafe next door and was included in the price of the room, although this cafe was closed on Sunday morning. All in all, it was a nice, simple & affordable place to stay. (----)

46  Thank catleigh