“Not the best place”

Ranked #3,126 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“Not the best place”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed in 3 hostels in Rome, 1 night in each (my fault because my plans changed at the last minute and nothing had vacancies), each one was worse than the last. This hostel is basic, with basic amenities. Not sparkling clean, but not particularly dirty.
No common area to meet people. I got a single room though I asked for a dorm (the price was the same, though- but that was probably because another hostel had sent me there). Bathroom was tiny (I had to leave the door open so I wouldn't get claustrophobic). I doubt I would return if I had a choice.
Location is central- right by the train station, though that area is quite sketchy. Noisy people on the street at unearthly hours. Can't sleep with the windows closed cause it was too hot (thankfully they gave me a fan!). But then most of Rome's hostels are there.
Staff was friendly and helpful though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I ended up slept in Hotel Beautiful after having a row with the receptionist of the worst hotel in Rome, B&B Maggiore (read my review for that place if you are curious about what happened). Thankfully there was a room that night and can be booked without booking fee ahead. I stayed there for two nights. Staff were super friendly, everyone of them communicate politely to hotel guests. Location is perfect, just 5 minutes walk from the back exit of Termini train station. It's a bit noisy at night and difficult to sleep but it is understandable because of the location. My room was shared with three beds inside, but I spent the first night on my own (hurrah!). Beside the noise, other minus point are bed bugs (but there are only two of them spotted and killed by me) and free wifi is only available in common room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Halifax, NS Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Keep your expectations low for Hotel Beautiful and you might be all right. Located over a couple of floors, the hotel/hostel is modest with few amenities. I had a surprisingly large private room, but it did not have a fan (as advertised) and was very loud all day and night. Take earplugs, there's a 3-4 am delivery that rings the bell. It also only had overhead, prison-style lighting. On my floor, there was one toilet and three showers, and there were no problems with availability. Overall, the facilities seemed clean, but dingy.

The customer service requires improvement. Two of the three desk staff I dealt with were pleasant, with the third being rude, to say the least. He refused to accept my credit card as payment, though credit card payments are advertised as accepted.

The neighbourhood is near the train station, but sketchy. Probably not a good choice for travellers nervous about that sort of thing.

The room next to mine was taped up and sprayed with a chemical agent the day before my departure. Possibly for bedbugs or some other critter requiring a noxious end.

Room Tip: Take earplugs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank HfxGal

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Staff Mike Monjur he very wonderful Man ,Stayed here in early June ,Great location right at the heart of down town Rome, with pretty clean rooms, Staff were cool, they even go beyond to tell me the most convenient way to discover the city. There was free WiFi internet in my room no need to go out. Over all I had an amazing time at the hotel!! Thank you for all

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Maynooth, Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I really wasn't expecting too much from this place in light of its name but nothing prepared me for what we actually got. The place was absolutely filthy and I'm pretty sure we weren't the only living things in our room given the massive blotches on my skin the next morning. The bathroom was pretty scummy too so much so that I hedged my bets and skipped showering. As we were leaving the next morning, we noticed that someone had relieved themselves in the corner of the staircase. Glorious.

That said, if you're looking for somewhere cheap sans cheeriness, this could be your bag. It was literally steps from Termini train station which was super handy and it also had free WiFi. So, not completely awful, just mostly.

Long story short. I would never stay there again but that's not to say that it wouldn't suit backpacker types that don't mind sup par levels of comfort/hygiene.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Michelle Q
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Well, I didn't have the best expectations for this hotel, but it was a nice surprise.
I got a room with a big bed and bathroom.

The clerk was a kinda weird guy, didn't really payed much attention to us (he was on the phone).
He gave us the key and we went up and the room was clean, the bathroom very clean, and the bed was very very comfortable!, I had a great sleep.

The location is kinda creepy, lots of homeless guys and funny smells (in the street, not the hotel), but hey, everywhere in Rome smells funny (lack of toilets I guess).

I had a very good sleep there, it was very clean and very close to the subway, I deffinitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Not recommended at all. The only good thing was the location of the hotel.
It was very expensive, the room was stinky (we could not keep the window opened, as strong food and oil smell came up from somewhere, probably from a restaurant below).
The whole place was weird and noisy, we could not sleep properly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends