Hotel Beautiful
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsreception guycafe next doortermini stationamazing locationpastrynice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2013

On the first night our room wasn't availble, the toilet was broke (read overbooking) and they put us in a scruffy room with shared bathrooms. Not what we paid for. and the person in charge said it was a private bathroom. The next morning our neighbour was taking a shower. So .. why lie about it? The tiny rooms have paperthin walls! You can hear everthing. Every time a car passed by our room was shaking. Not had one decend night sleep. Breakfast is around the corner. weird! The manager wasn't very professionel. This isn't a hotel . There are different prices. It depends were you book.. Bizar. They put us on a different floor.In guesthouse Lam which is a 1 star hotel. I didn't paid for that. and on the other floors it is a hostel. They are cheating on you. This is a scruffy and dirty hostel. Ther are better options to sleep in Rome. Don't let them ruin your holiday. There is no wifi only in the ''lobby'' (scruffy tiny place). It already stayed in cheap hotels and youghthostels around the world. I don't mind basic but this is a real nightmare and they cheat and lie to people. That's very disturbing. We paid too much. I didn't know what to expect in the hotel well expect NOTHING. A genuine nightmare!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dihiya
Reviewed March 23, 2013

cheap, nice n friendly staff. the room we got for 3 person is quite big and kitchen is provided, therefore, meal can be prepared at there. the location is near to the termini station (walking 10-15min). the toilet also clean, but not always had hot shower.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

what do you want like ? I had spent the last two nights in a fancy hotel and needed a bed for the night the location is very good to the train station for falling off the train into bed etc. I DID miss the popes mass due to incorrect information from reception , I was very upset but got over it.
I also missed my bus back because the receptionist was talking too much... i was clearly in a hurry and he was going on and on... i just assumed this was him being Italian

other than that i was a bed and a desk, seemed clean for hostel standards. the pictures look a little nicer than what it is.

but guys.... €9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stop expecting 5 star for a tenner !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

As I said - the first impression was really good, we stayed there for past 3 nights. Termini station is easily accessible by bus, train or from the airport. Not as bad as people think, gives good links to tube lines/ daily &night busses if needed, but overall most of the historical attractions are within walking distance.

We booked with my friend a 4 beds + private bathroom room. When we arrived (area from the outside probably not most encouraging), we were told that the room inside is really nice and it's only us to stay. Enough to say, being upgraded from a 4 to a private twin is always good! Staff mostly helpful, although 2 we were given bad directions and ended up looking for a Hard Rock Cafe twice, but anyways...
What was worse happened during the last night. Having our flight really early in the morning we came around midnight to our room to find out that our twin suddenly became a double bunk beds room with some other people already sleeping inside. NO ONE bothered to warned us or at least to say a word that the room will be going through a little 'makeover' when we weren't even there!!!! Guys who moved in let us packed our bags etc., they turned out to be very understandable of our shock, but it's just not how things should be done. Not professional at all!!!

What's worse I just came back from my doctor after having some red rush on my neck, thinking it was a food allergy but it turns out I got bitten by bed bugs in the hostel. FAIL!!

ALthough other facilities seemed OK and most of furniture were quite modern and new, I would not recommend staying there!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are outside the WIFI access.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Firstly let me say that the main reason I booked this hostel was because it was CHEAP but it also had reasonable reviews and an 83% approval rating.

I honestly have no idea why 83% of people would recommend this place is it is awful, unless they are self-reviewing. This place is cheap and only cheap. On level 3 only 1 of the three showers was working and the shower head was half broken. There were few people staying though the the queues weren't long. Possibly because nobody wanted to be in there for a long time.

The location is easy to get to from termini but it is not in a very interesting part of town. There are lots of junk shops around but there is a supermarket a few blocks away. The walk to the colluseum is 10-15 minutes.

The kitchen was terrible. It is tiny, there are very few utensils and plates/cups, the oven was broken (which the staff admitted to knowing about but there was no sign indicating it was out of order so i wasted 5 euro on a meal that i couldn't eat) there is no microwave and the fridge is small and dirty.

The socialising area? There wasn't one. You could hang out in the tiny kitchen or at one of the tables next to the single computer/internet terminal that was it.

Activities? Nope, don't even bother. They are happy to reccomend their friends 140 euro tour but otherwise they have nothing organized through the hostel which is disappointing.

The staff were mostly helpful, though they did try to charge me 1 euro to hire a towel even though their website says towels are free. Bag storage is free which was a small mercy at the end of my stay.

The rooms themselves are quite nice though the beds were short. My bed in hong kong was larger actually. If the facilities were up to standard this would be quite a nice hostel but unfortunately it loses out.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the road side of the hostel, the trams are quite noisy in the mornings.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo