“Okay for what we wanted”

Termini Accommodation
Termini Accommodation
Ranked #837 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed November 30, 2012

For what we needed, it worked well. I would not stay there for more than a night. The room was nice, and the bathroom was okay (shared.)
The only complaint we had was that the owner was pretty rude. We got there about an hour after we said we'd be checking in because of the trains, and she got very snippy and acted like a mom when you come after curfew...
Near good food, but not a great place if you want to be within walking distance of anything but the train station.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank MaggieandJentravel

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great staff and Location,
I really enjoyed the staff and cleanness of these rooms. Breakfast was all very sweet to us but we liked our stay so far.The lady who helped us there Christina was so friendly. The towels changed once in two days but did not make an issue to change them once a day.The location is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Benek S
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My friend and me checked into Hostel Termini last month. Located a only a couple of blocks from Roma Termini station, one could be a little confused as there is a board for Stargate Hotels on the building outside, once you enter the building you see the Hostel Termini sign. The receptionist was very friendly and gave us a few pointers and maps when we checked in. The rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms. I was expecting a leaking bathroom from the reviews I'd read earlier but seemed like everythng had been revamped and was new. One could skip the breakfast though which comprised of basic croissants, jam, butter, cereal and milk. Decent place to retire after a day of walking around Rome!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kgagwani
Reviewed April 16, 2011

After reading many reviews concerning accommodation in Rome I can now say all rooms within all the hotels appear to be very clean but on the small side. This in itself is not a real issue as long as you use your accommodation purely as a place to rest after a busy day of site seeing. I personally did not find the noise from traffic an issue (we were staying on one of the main roads via Nationale), the only problem was the amount of apparently ill people in Rome with ambulances constantly charging around Rome with sirens continually blurring. I feel sorry for the drivers who must have to leave after a short period of driving due to hearing difficulties.
For larger groups i.e. 4 or more hotel termini offers apartments located on via Nationale some distance from the actual hotel but the services of the hotel were never required during our stay. The location of the hotel and apartments are very good as all links are close by the Termini which is the main railway station in Rome (good for trips further a field), the metro and all buses seem to go down via Nationale at some point.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Andy12389
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in October and were really suprised with the hotel - it was well priced, clean and breakfast was included. The location was great, although the hotel was a little difficult to find as its not very well sign posted. The room was quite small (enough for a double bed) but the bathroom was spacious - and really there is so much to see and do in Rome that you'll hardly spend any time in the room!!!
Great hotel, great location and great value

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PKB7
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Tiny room that smelt of sewerage, bed slats were all broken, shower flooded the entire room, bars had been cut out of window (big enought for someone to climb through)which wouldn't lock and was told my baggage 'might' still be in storage when I returned from day trip. If it hadn't been late at night and storming I would have walked out! Definitely not worth the money and did not feel safe staying there by myself! At least staff were decent enough to upgrade me the next night however I was charged extra!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank Bbbeeeccc
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My friends and I were looking for a cheap place to stay in central Rome and we weren't disappointed. We booked a private three bedroomed room with ensuite and were extremely pleased;. the room even had a TV and a fridge.

It is situated only four blocks from the Termini Station where you can get anywhere in Rome for 1 Euro, and it's only about a mile away from the Colloseum and Trevi Fountain if you want to walk.

The only downside was the breakfast. I would not recommend paying for this as 3 Euros gets you just a croissant and roll with jam, and a selection of drinks. Coffee and tea were not great. You can easily walk down the road and get a beautiful panini for the same price.

Overally though I would definately recommend the Termini. Although it seemed like if you booked a private room, you were seperate from the hostel part, so I cannot comment if it is vastly different if you stay in a dorm.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends